Texas vs tech - 2:30pm on ESPN

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

What are we doing with our corners in defense?  Why can't we jam guys at the line--do they suck in practice?  Hell, Arkie is going to start making massive inroads in recruiting Texas.

Even if the corners suck you need some confidence. 

You can't let teams dink and dunk down the field all game because your corners are playing 10 yards off the wide receivers. I would rather see our corners get beat deep than the soft coverage. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:
6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I don't see the handcuffing. Card just isn't that good. He wasn't horrible in this game, but he wasn't better than Donovan Smith at all. Smith was dealing out there. 

When you have Bijan/Rojo, running on 3rd and 8 isn't necessarily handcuffing. Expecting Card to convert 3rd and 6+ with any consistency is a recipe for failure. The offense was falling apart on 1st and 2nd down due to penetration and stonewalls.

Rec'd.

8 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

We have a 5 star TE who rarely gets passed to.  He got a catch late, but nothing over the middle.  Tech's coach used a 2 star TE all over the field to torch our Secondary.  If Sark can't utilize a player like Sanders, we need to move on from him.  Not sure who but so far he has been a waste of time.

The TE’s were running wide open multiple times throughout the game. Card just doesn’t even look their way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

God damn it, this game wasn’t on Card. The defense gave up 34 points in regulation because we played soft. Bonanza getting hot at the line of scrimmage had nothing to do with Card. He hit Whittington on an important play and it was dropped. He’s not perfect but damn, he’s far down the list of why this team lost.

If you're taking about that 4th quarter 3rd down throw, it was late and Whitt was going to be out of bounds regardless. He was open a second ealier when it should have been thrown. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

4th and 5 or shorter is easy money against Texas.

DBs playing 10 yards soft coverage. 

They didn’t throw it but once. The rest were rushes or qb scramble. 

6 of 8 I think. And I’ll add in the 3rd and real long that we jumped offsides so he could throw a deep jump ball, which they completed despite 2 defenders there. 

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

If you're taking about that late 4th 3rd down throw, it was late and Whitt was going to be out of bounds regardless. He was open a second ealier when it should have been thrown. 

I’m talking about the ball Whit had in his hands when he fell on his back in bounds and dropped it.

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This game is not on Hudson Card or the offense. This game is on a defense and coaching staff that allowed Tech to convert 6 of 8 fourth downs.

Well, hey, you know, it's actually an improvement that we are forcing 4th downs to fuck up.  Last year there weren't very many.

The play calling was drastically different from first half to second. That’s on coaching.

That horrific 4th down wildcat call in the 3rd Q pretty much sunk us. Run anything but that stupidity and we go down and get another TD and the game is basically over. Yes, even that early.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Ewers has to come back and turn the team attitude and everything around or the wheels will totally come off.  This class will fall apart along with future ones if that doesn’t happen.  We can only trick recruits into coming into a mess so many times.  Go out and play in the Big 12 Championship atleast.  Start losing a lot of games and we’re fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Ah okay so Bijan is the problem

Yeah, if I was a simpleton, that would be my takeaway from the post as well.  It wouldn’t be the type of incompetent coaching that leads to giving up six fourth downs is unacceptable.

but regardless, fumbling the ball on the first play of overtime against a mediocre ass team is not a great way to get a win. 

We have a 5 star TE who rarely gets passed to.  He got a catch late, but nothing over the middle.  Tech's coach used a 2 star TE all over the field to torch our Secondary.  If Sark can't utilize a player like Sanders, we need to move on from him.  Not sure who but so far he has been a waste of time.
I really don't understand how, as the ol head ball coach, you don't utilize your weapons. And keep using them till they stop you. I get the OL was terrible today, so why not use screens. The outside was open on the run. The short pass, including slants were cutting the secondary up. You have Sanders that will either be faster than the LB in coverage or out muscle the poor DB. You have (even though it's never been said because we haven't established a run game) a three-headed monster with the RBs, Worthy as the deep threat. And Jwhitt has been nails so far.
What do the coaches see that us in the stands or watching on TV see thats different?
Smith sucked with pressure so of course we don't pressure. Woth the 20 assistant coaches, I would figure one of them is supposed to pick up the in game trends.
Such as, "Hey Sark, let's try some PA since the OL isn't doing well"
"PK, looks like the blitz is working"
I have never coached but I have and still do lead. Look around, figure out what isn't working and what is, put people were they excel, and adjust.
Am I missing something basic?
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Tackling is still poor. They swarm to the ball and play with energy which is an improvement. But the fundamentals of tackling still evade them. They need to play those DKR tackling vids and loop them for the players.

Texas defense:  Nah man, I ain’t gonna wrap up and tackle like those little  guys on that, what do you call that, video tape?  Fuck no.  I tackle with my shoulder. 

16 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

When we started on the 1 we ran up the middle and threw two sideline Hail Marys with a qb that can’t throw deep. Our offensive genius head coach completely turtled. 

I didn't have too much trouble with turtling there.  But we turtled on every drive in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

I'll tell you what's been the same for over a decade, we get our asses kicked man on man at the LOS.

This happened mostly on the OL. The DL were pressing most of the game and frequently got held with impunity which allowed their QB to escape the pocket or complete passes a bunch. And the D were on that hot field for long stretches since the OL were wearing crotchless panties.

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Ewers has to come back and turn the team attitude and everything around or the wheels will totally come off.  This class will fall apart along with future ones if that doesn’t happen.  We can only trick recruits into coming into a mess so many times.  Go out and play in the Big 12 Championship atleast.  Start losing a lot of games and we’re fucked. 

Hmmmmm.

West Virginia

Oklahoma

Iowa State

at Oklahoma State

at Kansas State

TCU

at Kansas

Baylor

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

Yeah, if I was a simpleton, that would be my takeaway from the post as well.  It wouldn’t be the type of incompetent coaching that leads to giving up six fourth downs is unacceptable.

but regardless, fumbling the ball on the first play of overtime against a mediocre ass team is not a great way to get a win. 

Without bijan there is no overtime. 

cool you pissed your trousers with the coaching but lets throw lamborghini man under the bus too 

39 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So Sark is exactly the same as last year? And we are going to do this how much longer?

Sark fucked up the DC hire, and that will probably end up costing him this job. I think he has shown promise in developing the offense, but he was handed a big bag of shit with the OL and that doesn’t get fixed until quickly, if seemingly ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We've watched a Lincoln Riley offense put up video game points for years. And yet we've never copied that offense, like Switzer copied the wishbone.

We've watched a substandard defensive scheme for going on 7 years where we play passively with three man rushes and soft zone coverage, all with disastrous results and yet the same thing gets rolled out every game, except for the mysterious Alabama gameplan.

At some point you realize the people in charge, from the administration to the head coach, don't have a clue about what they are doing and all need to be booted. It's getting close to being too late to salvage this program. NIL gives Texas a solid chance, but not a guarantee of success. Wandering the desert permanently is not as unlikely as many of you think. Changes need to occur now, starting with the defense and the offensive playcalling. The mantra should be "stop playing like pussies". 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

The play calling was drastically different from first half to second. That’s on coaching.

That horrific 4th down wildcat call in the 3rd Q pretty much sunk us. Run anything but that stupidity and we go down and get another TD and the game is basically over. Yes, even that early.

you're missing the best thing to come out of this game, half this fucking board can shut the fuck up about the fucking wildcat

2 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Texas defense:  Nah man, I ain’t gonna wrap up and tackle like those little  guys on that, what do you call that, video tape?  Fuck no.  I tackle with my shoulder. 

Still doing thud tempo which worked in high school I guess. Even on plays that were correctly diagnosed, Texas defenders still gave up yards.  The qb just seemed to almost always fall forwards.  Even the fumbles went forward.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

We've watched a Lincoln Riley offense put up video game points for years. And yet we've never copied that offense, like Switzer copied the wishbone.

We've watched a substandard defensive scheme for going on 7 years where we play passively with three man rushes and soft zone coverage, all with disastrous results and yet the same thing gets rolled out every game, except for the mysterious Alabama gameplan.

At some point you realize the people in charge, from the administration to the head coach, don't have a clue about what they are doing and all need to be booted. It's getting close to being too late to salvage this program. NIL gives Texas a solid chance, but not a guarantee of success. Wandering the desert permanently is not as unlikely as many of you think. Changes need to occur now, starting with the defense and the offensive playcalling. The mantra should be "stop playing like pussies". 

Nope.

This happened mostly on the OL. The DL were pressing most of the game and frequently got held with impunity which allowed their QB to escape the pocket or complete passes a bunch. And the D were on that hot field for long stretches since the OL were wearing crotchless panties.

could we beat a hold every once in a while like other teams do?

The play calling is so baffling. Sark was at least smart enough to get Bijan, Kielan, RoJo, Cane the ball on the edges against UTSA to loosen up the middle which was getting stuffed. Did we see a single jet sweep or flare pass to a RB on the run against tech?? His play calling in this game was so bad because he was so stubborn about running in the middle rather than getting playmakers in space.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

To be fair though, that was an almost perfect hit by the Tech player to pop the ball loose. Sometimes the other team just makes a great play. Bijan's propensity for weaving and cutting through traffic pays dividends many times, but dancing around instead of hitting the hole sometimes gets him down sooner or in this case, resulted in a fumble.

12 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Hog going in dry on aggy is a lot less enjoyable when we have this anus aids coaching staff who can out dumb bilbo aggins

Who gives a shit.  Seriously.  I could care less about that fucking game.  We have enough problems of our own.  Getting off because another team is losing is the very definition of being an aggie.  Next your gonna start doing an upside down gigem....

As for Ewers coming back.... it doesn't fill me with pride to need a crazy good QB for our offense and defense to play like they give a darn against piece of crap opponents....like Tech.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

OU has future NFL olineman at every position every fucking year, we should copy that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If cdc had a clue he would fire pk so fatterson could fix this bullshit before we start losing 23 recruits.

Amazing how often over the last dozen years this has been the case. Why the fuck is it so difficult for head coaches to see the anchors that need to be cast off? Really baffling to me

To be fair though, that was an almost perfect hit by the Tech player to pop the ball loose. Sometimes the other team just makes a great play. Bijan's propensity for weaving and cutting through traffic pays dividends many times, but dancing around instead of hitting the hole sometimes gets him down sooner or in this case, resulted in a fumble.

I give him slack because he's forced to weave and cut like that with our OL. 

Card is also hurt.  Not saying he is the answer at QB...but he has clear issues with his footwork and the passes he's trying to make.   Our OL allowing the stopping our run game back where the handoff in the shotgun is made is a giant problem, no matter the footwork of any QB.   

That wildcat is so nonsensical on so many levels in the first place if he never passes it -  but -  to not only line up in a shotgun with it., and then telegraph it, and THEN to then try some bullshit 'delay, read something '  bullshit with it completely emasculates any effectiveness it might ever have had, which was little in the first place. 

If Ewers is hurt, 'dressing him out' to take a flight to Lubbock is some JV level 'trickery' and continuing to play an injured Card or that Wildcat Bull shit is pretty fucking infuriating. . 

1. This game was lost when the Tech QB was finally hit and fumbled, but out efforted our entire DL to recover his own fumble to actually gain yardage on that play, which of course, led to a converted fourth down and the rest of it.
  2. We can't let a guy complete his first fourteen passes in a row.
  3. After he completes his first seven, you call fucking time out and realize that your 'film study bullshit' has to be completely scrapped and we need to do something else or this mother fucker is going to do this all afternoon.....which, is of course, exactly what happened. 
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1