Texas vs tech - 2:30pm on ESPN

Pancho

15 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

If you're taking about that 4th quarter 3rd down throw, it was late and Whitt was going to be out of bounds regardless. He was open a second ealier when it should have been thrown. 

He caught it in bound but it was definitely thrown late. It was a fantastic play by Whittington that should have been reviewed but, well, you know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Show me a win.

This team quit last year and they could be on the brink now.  PK especially isn't putting this team in a position to win and if Sark can't see it, then he's a coordinator at best.  Arkie and USC are about to take some recruits.  All it takes is for Manning to look elsewhere and the wheels come off.    

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Sark talked all off season about how he wishes he kept the foot on the gas in those collapses last year.  And then this.  Ai Yai yai 

It's his default.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Sark talked all off season about how he wishes he kept the food on the gas in those collapses last year.  And then this.  Ai Yai yai 

Turning point in this game was the 1st offensive possession of the 2nd half. 

After the Tech turnover on downs, Texas had the opportunity to go up 17 points. 4 conservative plays instead of going for the win. 

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Agreed. Card is without a doubt better than Donovan Smith. 

CB58ACF5-EBC8-4D01-B106-5C910418F5AE.png.52bb8b1b848fc2a0fdb7747517e1701b.png

19 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

God damn it, this game wasn’t on Card. The defense gave up 34 points in regulation because we played soft. Bijan getting hit at the line of scrimmage had nothing to do with Card. He hit Whittington on an important play and it was dropped. He’s not perfect but damn, he’s far down the list of why this team lost.

Tard Card missing open players, getting sacked, forcing a time out cause he can’t understand signals, and going 3 and out over and over and gassing the defense sure as fuck was a major factor in this loss

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Tackling is still poor. They swarm to the ball and play with energy which is an improvement. But the fundamentals of tackling still evade them. They need to play those DKR tackling vids and loop them for the players.

Even when they managed to tackle, they would pull the guy forward for an additional couple of yards. 

I really want our next HC to be defensive minded. Sick and tired of watching shitty defense year after year. 

4 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

If Ewers is hurt, 'dressing him out' to take a flight to Lubbock is some JV level 'trickery' and continuing to play an injured Card or that Wildcat Bull shit is pretty fucking infuriating.

I think having him come to the game was more about having him see the whole road game process start to finish than it was about trickery. Not just Ewers, but Maalik and Wright as well. Sarkisian alluded to this during his press conference.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Turning point in this game was the 1st offensive possession of the 2nd half. 

After the Tech turnover on downs, Texas had the opportunity to go up 17 points. 4 conservative plays instead of going for the win. 

Yeah I like Sark from a television relationship but I’m thinking he may suck like the last 3 hires. Same issues too, doesn’t know when to jettison a shitty coach. Sucks because I’m rooting for him

25 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

God damn it, this game wasn’t on Card. The defense gave up 34 points in regulation because we played soft. Bijan getting hit at the line of scrimmage had nothing to do with Card. He hit Whittington on an important play and it was dropped. He’s not perfect but damn, he’s far down the list of why this team lost.

This

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Even when they managed to tackle, they would pull the guy forward for an additional couple of yards. 

I really want our next HC to be defensive minded. Sick and tired of watching shitty defense year after year. 

I think Jamison had a play where he was trying to wrestle down a bigger receiver. He kept swinging him forward for at least 5 extra yards. Facepalm moment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Without bijan there is no overtime. 

cool you pissed your trousers with the coaching but lets throw lamborghini man under the bus too 

Cool you pissed your trousers about a throwaway line and completely missed the point and focused on the stupidest shit possible. Because that’s what you do…

Again though…something something great players make great plays when the game…something. 

putting aside this foolish and pointless tangent, until sark and pk are run out of town (complicated by the recruiting class if they have a prayer of keeping it together), there is not a game on the schedule that one can assume is a victory. 

The drive with 1:55 left in the 3rd when tech scored to make it 31-24 told me everything I needed to know about this season. Instead of  running plays that work, Sark decides to get cute. In my opinion there are plays that work over and over again and if the other team cannot stop them too bad. We went 3 and out quickly. We did not keep the same tempo as the previous TD drive. In this game you have to play complimentary football but if they stuff the run, run some drag routes. They were wide open all game. Another frustrating season is on the horizon. My only hope is that Quinn returns but he doesn’t play defense. We were out-coached. No way we don’t lose a minimum of 5 games this year. Ou, Osu, even Kansas looks better this year. We may lose 6. If that happens I don’t know how you keep Sark another year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:
17 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

To be fair though, that was an almost perfect hit by the Tech player to pop the ball loose. Sometimes the other team just makes a great play. Bijan's propensity for weaving and cutting through traffic pays dividends many times, but dancing around instead of hitting the hole sometimes gets him down sooner or in this case, resulted in a fumble.

I give him slack because he's forced to weave and cut like that with our OL.

Without a doubt, the OL was a massive failure today, and at least as responsible for the loss as poor Defense. They forced the defense to be on the field far too much. I'll be interested to see what Scipio's post-mortems have to say. Don't know if I'll bother to rewatch the game. It's a time consuming process to go back and watch stuff, but replaying play in the trenches is often very revealing.

• Hook 'Em 1

We keep talking about the play calling, me included, but we should really be talking about offensive execution. Somehow our inferior opponents can throw and run pretty effectively while we are unable to run the ball effectively or maintain momentum. That’s about poor execution, not just play calling. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

We keep talking about the play calling, me included, but we should really be talking about offensive execution. Somehow our inferior opponents can throw and run pretty effectively while we are unable to run the ball effectively or maintain momentum. That’s about poor execution, not just play calling. 

It's play calling when you consistently call interior runs on first down when they haven't worked all day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not if you keep calling runs up the middle which is the only thing they have stopped all day.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Results of a dog shit coaching search and settling. Other programs went out and got big time coaches from programs. We settled for a 7 win drunk fraud. 

our coach problem is our booster problem is our culture problem. Our other sports are great because they don’t care about them. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

CB58ACF5-EBC8-4D01-B106-5C910418F5AE.png.52bb8b1b848fc2a0fdb7747517e1701b.png

Tard Card

Dude fuck you on this.

Card played more than well enough to win.

Tech had like 100 offensive plays and Card still put up 31 points with a nonexistent running game. 

Card wasn't the problem against this Tech team and he doesn'tdeserve that.  We just keep making halfway functional QBs look like VY every week.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It’s obvious that TTU outcoached us.

1. Going for it on 4th every time was genius. They have nothing to lose and the game plan revolved around applying maximum pressure to our defense.

2. The dink and dunk passing game is the only thing their QB was capable of and we played directly into that by playing soft coverage and not blitzing. Honestly, why the fuck has no one on the defensive side of the ball figured out that this shit doesn’t work.

3. Sark decided to do his best Tom Herman impression after we went up 14. The inside run game was stuffed all day so, naturally, we ran inside on 1st and 2nd down on seemingly every second half possession. Then, we tried to get 25 yards on 3rd down instead of 10. That’s a great recipe for 3 and out.

PK has to go. This is a 16 game sample size. His bend don’t break (lol) defense sucks ass.

Sark needs to nut the fuck up and play call aggressively, even with a lead.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, texastroubadour said:

Tceh may not win another game. And please Lord let it be so. But damn we just have NO HEART WHATSOEVER THE FUCK

Uh.  We drove from the 25 to FG range in 25 seconds.  That's heart.

Plenty of things to complain about, but that isn't one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1