Hudson Card

Neonmoon

47 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Gonna laugh if his performance smokes ewers next year. I'm not saying it will, I"m not saying Sark was wrong in riding with Ewers as a freshman, and I'm not saying Card should stay in Austin. Just laughing thinking of the reaction on this board. 

If he is like Jevan Snead and goes to some P5 school and becomes some all-conference type badass then sure we might be a little neurotic about it.

But more likely he is going to go the Garret Gilbert route and end up at some G5 school and we won't pay much attention.

too bad about Card, he may have developed into something reliable and always good to have a game experienced QB2.  Especially since Arch had his worst game in his final HS game a few days ago.  Very very few kids are sure things.    Would have been cool to have NIL deals when Cameron Rising was on the 40, he's damn good now, and would have started in 2021 and 2022 while Ewers developed in practice - and have 3 QBs on the roster who can play at a moment's notice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If he is like Jevan Snead and goes to some P5 school and becomes some all-conference type badass then sure we might be a little neurotic about it.

But more likely he is going to go the Garret Gilbert route and end up at some G5 school and we won't pay much attention.

Don’t see why he doesn’t end up at UTSA

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

GG is cashing a NFL paycheck with the NE Patriots. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Agreed, times have completely changed where I think it is MORE likely.  For one they can get paid and paid well to stay. Mannings already have lots of money. I think it will come down to if he's ready and/or what the projected draft board looks like and where his possible destinations are if he indeed pans out as a top QB.  He's made it clear there is no rush to get to the NFL and that he preferred a sitatuion where he wasn't asked to play day 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:09 AM, Js1 said:

Arch doesn't *need* to but it sure seems the plan. 

VY says he is "hearing" Arch will redshirt.  I feel like it was mentioned during his recruitment that the Mannings have no problem with that/prefer it. 

This is correct.  The Mannings have been doing this a long time. They are working towards Arch having a long and lucrative NFL career. That's the reason they are in no rush his development. That's the reason they stated a RS season isn't a problem.  

As for staying through a senior year, it's hard to say.  I have a feeling it depends on how close we are to capping his college career with a NC, and how well our O-line protects.  Risk vs reward is likely the deciding factor for the years he plays college ball.  Money isn't going to be the biggest thing.  They know the better he is in college, the more he will make in the NFL, and the more experience and maturity he has going into the NFL, the better the odds of him succeeding once there....

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Gonna laugh if his performance smokes ewers next year. I'm not saying it will, I"m not saying Sark was wrong in riding with Ewers as a freshman, and I'm not saying Card should stay in Austin. Just laughing thinking of the reaction on this board. 

If this year is any indication, the primary reaction will be denial.

• Haha 1

Every player has a system that's for them. If Card ends up somewhere where they spread it out 4 and 5 wide he could end up being a really really good QB. Steve's system is about reading, timing and touch. Fitting balls over and under isn't Card's strong suit but you spread him out and give him options and he is really effective. Can't wait to see what he does. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Was never a big Card fan until I saw him play with a fucked up ankle. I'm not saying the guy Is the best choice skill or talent wise, but DAMN, some of the crucial runs he made while barely able to walk were very gutsy. Regardless of what he does, or where he goes, he damned sure has my respect and best wishes. 

Yeah, he’s fast as fuck and it’s fun to watch him take off!

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Cant blame him, he didnt even get a shot when sEwers was looking like complete shit multiple weeks in a row. Dude didnt really get a fair shake under Sark. Best of luck wherever he goes.  

sEwers?  He had a few rough patches but damn, that is pretty fucking cold for a Texas "fan" to say.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I've seen this movie before.

Fast forward a year or two, and curtain up on the Grande Finale Natural Champeenship game. First possession for Meatchicken, and their punter falls down as a heavy rush destroys blocking. Texas takes over. A couple of two-yard runs, and Ewers drops back, eye-balling four verts, and never sees the 495-pound DT who crushes him flat. On the sideline, Sarkisian calls for Hudson Card, having forgotten that Card played his last game two weeks ago, for Lane Kiffin at his latest stop, [REDACTED]. Backup QB Arch Manning is unable to find his helmet. If only Arch had played more than 12 snaps (all handoffs) this season. Disaster looms.

• Rage+1 1

I do feel like this has more to do with Sark than the team or being QB2. I don't know if I'd stick around after a coach told everyone in the world that it "wouldn't be fair to let Hudson try and win the game" that's some really stupid shit that I don't think I'd ever recover from trust wise. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

So he'll go somewhere else and likely do quite well if our recent past history is any indication.  Frustrating.  We've recruited some good QBs for other teams to get as transfers.

There can only be one on the field at a time, and soon we'll have two perfect 1.000 recruits in the same QB room, plus Malik.

He's doing the right thing by transferring.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

I do feel like this has more to do with Sark than the team or being QB2. I don't know if I'd stick around after a coach told everyone in the world that it "wouldn't be fair to let Hudson try and win the game" that's some really stupid shit that I don't think I'd ever recover from trust wise. 

That statement cemented my position that the fookin' eejit has no idea how to HC. WTFF? "it wouldn't be fair"??? Seeing and hearing those words come out of his mouth, if anyone with any sense was in the AD's chair, he woulda shoulda coulda called Sark and Patterson into a meeting, demoted Sark to OC, made GP interim HC and told them to saddle up, ride and prevail.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

I wont pretend to know the nature of his relationship with Sark, but guys that graduate from high school with his accolades probably have no interest in settling in as QB2. With  Manning on the way and Sark's obvious preference of ewers, finding a school that isnt juggling two guys with 1.000 recruiting ratings/NIL deals is a no brainer. 

Just now, Blotto said:

I wont pretend to know the nature of his relationship with Sark, but guys that graduate from high school with his accolades probably have no interest in settling in as QB2. With  Manning on the way and Sark's obvious preference of ewers, finding a school that isnt juggling two guys with 1.000 recruiting ratings/NIL deals is a no brainer. 

Sark has had his QB2's be drafted and contributors on NFL teams - it's not that big of a deal at huge programs especially if you start many games a season like he did both season. 

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

sEwers?  He had a few rough patches but damn, that is pretty fucking cold for a Texas "fan" to say.  

I have been a lifelong horn, questioning fanhood because our million dollar QB is laying eggs is ridiculous. Im gonna be much harder on these "kids" going forward because of NIL. We are paying him to perform and he isn't living up to the billing. He better step it up bigtime next season or he wont be playing here much longer. 

20 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I have been a lifelong horn, questioning fanhood because our million dollar QB is laying eggs is ridiculous. Im gonna be much harder on these "kids" going forward because of NIL. We are paying him to perform and he isn't living up to the billing. He better step it up bigtime next season or he wont be playing here much longer. 

I guess if Colt had a rough patch, you would be calling him Cart.  

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

I guess if Colt had a rough patch, you would be calling him Cart.  

No, Colt is different than Ewers in every way imaginable. Grit, passion, natural leader, dual threat, no NIL money, 3 star recruit... he is literally the anti Ewers. He is a self made man compared to Southlake Ewers who has had everything handed to him. Hopefully Ewers proves me wrong next year, God knows he has the talent to do it, let's see if he has what it takes. 

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

Respectfully, and it's your website, but everyone knows how you feel about Sark.  You're like humble beast and crypto with this sark shit.  We get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Card definitely got fucked over by Sark and so I wish him nothing but success in his new spot.  I would much rather have him go Jevan Snead and kick ass at a marquee program than the alternative.

Card didn't get fucked over. He had ample opportunities to win the job and keep it. Sarkisian obviously saw something that he really didn't like that would cause him to give Card quick hooks. It could be a Shane Beuchelle situation where the kid just wasn't a fit for what Sarkisian wanted to do. That's not an indictment on anyone, just a different style. Card is going to be a good quality starter in an offense that suits him. I appreciate the kid for what he has done and how he handled himself here. Good luck to him and wish him nothing but success moving forward. 

7 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Respectfully, and it's your website, but everyone knows how you feel about Sark.  You're like humble beast and crypto with this sark shit.  We get it.

I mean that has directly to do with Hudson Card and not getting play time when it's warranted. Weird take. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

No, Colt is different than Ewers in every way imaginable. Grit, passion, natural leader, dual threat, no NIL money, 3 star recruit... he is literally the anti Ewers. He is a self made man compared to Southlake Ewers who has had everything handed to him. Hopefully Ewers proves me wrong next year, God knows he has the talent to do it, let's see if he has what it takes. 

Would 9-3, a loss to OU, and no CCG appearance be acceptable for Quinn's sophomore season?