Hudson Card

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

I don’t think that squares with his football pursuits as he would be a backup there too.

I just have the one source. I could also see UCLA. Also could I trouble you for some apple pie? But I'd like the pie heated, and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it. If not, then no ice cream, just whipped cream but only if it's real. If it's out of a can, then nothing.

22 minutes ago, troph said:

A top dual threat QB recruited by TH leaves the program when the new coach is on record more than a dozen times saying he’s philosophically opposed to calling run plays for his QB (which by definition means no RPO) is leaving? Say it isn’t so. 

RPO plays have nothing to do with QB runs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Sure but he likes football maybe?  It's the best combo of football and academics.  Their school is at least as good as ours.  Also, the guy is set for life anyway.

I mean, Michigan is a non starter if you actually care about playing football though, that’s McCarthy’s job. And I have to imagine playing time is a big concern, because if you were cool with being a backup and getting a highly respected grad degree, there’s not a lot of reason to move on from Texas.

Probably just kicking the tires on a visit, which is his prerogative. I’d be surprised if he ended up there, and if he did I do think it would be an indication of a pretty serious relationship issue at Texas, specifically.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, Michigan is a non starter if you actually care about playing football though, that’s McCarthy’s job. And I have to imagine playing time is a big concern, because if you were cool with being a backup and getting a highly respected grad degree, there’s not a lot of reason to move on from Texas.

Probably just kicking the tires on a visit, which is his prerogative. I’d be surprised if he ended up there, and if he did I do think it would be an indication of a pretty serious relationship issue at Texas, specifically.

I'm gonna guess he and Sark have their differences

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Sure but he likes football maybe?  It's the best combo of football and academics.  Their school is at least as good as ours.  Also, the guy is set for life anyway.

Except McCarthy is entrenched as the starter, so he wouldn’t be playing there. But you are the expert on Hudson Card predictions, so I guess I’ll defer to you. 

39 minutes ago, troph said:

there aren't run pass option plays designed for the likes of VY or other highly mobile QBs? I find that hard to believe.

There can be, but a lot of RPOs are just an option to pass or handoff to the RB, and we use RPO’s all the time. It’s a huge part of Sark’s offense.  

So your claim that no QB runs means no RPOs is just completely wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I just have the one source. I could also see UCLA. Also could I trouble you for some apple pie? But I'd like the pie heated, and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it. If not, then no ice cream, just whipped cream but only if it's real. If it's out of a can, then nothing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Except McCarthy is entrenched as the starter, so he wouldn’t be playing there. But you are the expert on Hudson Card predictions, so I guess I’ll defer to you. 

Am I?  Not sure what’s got you hot and bothered.  My football comment was the Michigan program is better than Stanford 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

There can be, but a lot of RPOs are just an option to pass or handoff to the RB, and we use RPO’s all the time. It’s a huge part of Sark’s offense.  

So your claim that no QB runs means no RPOs is just completely wrong. 

Great I was wrong about that piece that RPOs don’t mean QB run or throw, good thing it means jack shit for outcomes on the field. His take on running QBs is however also completely wrong and does have an impact on the field … and in his QB room and will in recruiting. 

thanks for the correction I genuinely appreciate the learning experience. 

2 hours ago, troph said:

Great I was wrong about that piece that RPOs don’t mean QB run or throw, good thing it means jack shit for outcomes on the field. His take on running QBs is however also completely wrong and does have an impact on the field … and in his QB room and will in recruiting. 

thanks for the correction I genuinely appreciate the learning experience. 

Tell me again how many titles he was a part of and then tell me again how many Heisman winners he was a part of?

But yeah, you’re smarter than him at college offense.

Also, how many Heisman winning running QBs he’s had?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, tx 3 putt said:

he'll have his choice of schools if he decides to transfer 

On 9/24/2022 at 5:42 PM, Neonmoon said:

He definitely will have a choice, but it won’t be many in the top 25. 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, Neonmoon said:

Hudson Card will transfer. Probably to someone like Minnesota, and he will be the same QB. They will lose games 

I was so close. Purdue