Kansas football is a juggernaut

Wally Fairway

12 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Don't get ahead of the juggernaut, they are 3.5 home dogs to Iowa St this week.
Gonna need some luck and good juju to keep this dream alive and stop it from becoming a tragic comedy (which is what is playing out in East Lansing, fwiw)

Naw, this season already a success. There was a thread on phog before the season started that was titled "What are the odds we start 4-0". Folks in there were giving single digit odds....low single digit odds. KU already beat WVU and Houston on the road and that was a pipe dream for us fans less than a month ago.

Now we set our sights on a bowl game, to dream the impossible in year 2 of the build. Even if we do not win a single game from here on out we were all just hoping to get to 3ish wins and be competitive in most if not all the games and look like a damn football team out there. Mission so far accomplished.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yeah, I see 7 or 8 wins for them. Their defense isn't good enough to be consistent, but their offense is good enough to make them capable of beating just about anyone. Could be scary next year, especially if Leipold doesn't take another job.

Yeah they kind of remind me of OSU or Texas Tech in the 2006-08 range.  They are good enough offensively to beat most teams but are also bad enough defensively to lose to most teams. Highly entertaining though.

7 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah they kind of remind me of OSU or Texas Tech in the 2006-08 range.  They are good enough offensively to beat most teams but are also bad enough defensively to lose to most teams. Highly entertaining though.

This is pretty much where I am. I can imagine a future with 0 additional wins, and I can also imagine a future where Daniels gets a Heisman invite and we go to a damned good bowl. Reality will be somewhere in between, most likely.

KU is +2500 to win the big 12. If they could get into the finals you could sell that ticket for 12/1. Is there a chance that they go 6-3 and win some tie breakers and get in the title?  Yes. I think there is. Are the odds on that worse than 12-1. I don’t know. I think it might be worth a small bet. 

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Campbell might go after a B12 Ref before this game is over...  😋

Kansas scores a TD...   11:30 left in 2nd qtr

7-0

Oh yeah... Matt's angry  😋

watch-matt-campbell-absolutely-loses-aga

Kansas scores again... Touchdown !!

14-0      5:25 left in 2nd qtr

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Oh yeah... Matt's angry  😋

watch-matt-campbell-absolutely-loses-aga

Kansas scores again... Touchdown !!

14-0      5:25 left in 2nd qtr

I think that was another blown call by the Big 12. Only funny, because they reviewed it twice. 1st it was a penalty for an ineligible player catching the ball. Then they reversed it, because he caught it behind the LOS. Campbell went nuts and they reviewed it again and ISU still lost. Unless I missed a rule change, an ineligible Player can not catch a forward pass behind or beyond  the LOS 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

From the above article (what makes Daniels great and just likeable):

NCAA rules allow a player to play in four games and still redshirt. Problem was, Texas was Daniels’ fourth appearance of the season. Playing in either of Kansas’ remaining games would’ve burned Daniels’ redshirt.

Leipold left it up to Daniels and his family to make the decision. Daniels traded his red jersey for Jayhawk blue because he felt an obligation to his teammates.

“That’s basically just quitting on the rest of the team to say, ‘Alright, let’s worry about next season,’” Daniels said. “I want to help our team gain as much momentum as it can into the next game and into the next season. I don’t want to take any steps back.”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

From the above article (what makes Daniels great and just likeable):

NCAA rules allow a player to play in four games and still redshirt. Problem was, Texas was Daniels’ fourth appearance of the season. Playing in either of Kansas’ remaining games would’ve burned Daniels’ redshirt.

Leipold left it up to Daniels and his family to make the decision. Daniels traded his red jersey for Jayhawk blue because he felt an obligation to his teammates.

“That’s basically just quitting on the rest of the team to say, ‘Alright, let’s worry about next season,’” Daniels said. “I want to help our team gain as much momentum as it can into the next game and into the next season. I don’t want to take any steps back.”

Their Rojo

• Hook 'Em 1