Anyone else out of fucks to give?

Fondren & Main

I've been checking out slowly over the last five years or so.  I used to plan Saturdays around games and get grumpy if something conflicted with a game.  For the last few years, I only get a twinge of that, come to my senses and thing "not missing anything," and am usually right.

Losses like this don't really piss me off anymore, I'm now more curious about the hiring process and the coaching process and what leads to this kind of thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

We are Tennessee 2.0. 

They are gonna be ranked top 10 soon and are 5-0

And seems like they have a decent coarch

It's tough to try and do with recruiting but I just don't have much faith in this staff anymore. Heads should roll. 

Also if we are playing another game duck year in the shit 12 next year I guess it does not matter who fucking cares.

It sucks, but at least I can watch Texas for the rest of the season without the stress of hoping they will compete for the conference title this year.  We know who they are now. I’d love to be wrong, but I came into this season with the idea that we probably won’t see significant improvement until the year after next. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas is about brand and money.  Not winning.  If we want to win, we can.  Like cut-throat approach to winning with people who know how to lay pipe.  But nope.  Texas cares more about class.  Cares more about perception to protect the brand.  And worst of all, not one single person in charge can build a winning culture.  Not a one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Senator Mendoza said:

Baylor does nothing but hire winning coaches for the last 15 years

Don’t forget enabling rape, which isn’t the defining characteristic of winning coaches. 

Bleeding burnt orange means I will always have fucks to give for the Texas Longhorns. But, when the Horns play poorly, it fucking sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Nah, I bleed orange and will probably do so until the day I die.  But I will say I have many a friend that gave up their “long-time” Longhorn season tickets in the past several years and barely watch the games anymore when they never missed a game for more than two decades prior so it does indeed feel like some are out of Fuchs to give

As a younger man, I’d have been hotter than a $2 pistol about this year’s Bama game, but I really didn’t care after about 5 minutes and thought “that was a good effort by our recent standards!”

I’m not going back up to quote whoever mentioned Baylor finding multiple good coaches, but UT ties its own hand behind its back with arbitrary rules like “we don’t hire up and coming coordinators as HCs” or “No HC from D2 or small D1 programs at all!” Ok we’ve got Strong, Herman, and Sark when a guy like Traylor probably would’ve got a lot more out of the talent we’ve had. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’m not going back up to quote whoever mentioned Baylor finding multiple good coaches, but UT ties its own hand behind its back with arbitrary rules like “we don’t hire up and coming coordinators as HCs” or “No HC from D2 or small D1 programs at all!” Ok we’ve got Strong, Herman, and Sark when a guy like Traylor probably would’ve got a lot more out of the talent we’ve had. 

Excellent point.  And those arbitrary rules are symptoms of not being focused on winning.  It's all about brand and perception

KState has silenced Norman with their 400 year old QB. We’re going to find out one day he played college in the 80’s. KState v Kansas game should be some fun if Kansas keeps winning. I’d like to say I’m outta fucks to give but I still watch and post and unfortunately for y’all give my opinion. I have more than 6 opinions. So I’m pretty opinionated. But damn is this getting old. Same shit. Different day. Bunch of excuses. There shouldn’t be any more of those. Come in and win or just fuck off and die. I’m tired of getting marginally excited about a new coach only to realize they may come in different packages but they are all just mediocre on the inside. Sark can recruit so that’s a plus but it doesn’t matter if you can’t get the talent on the field to beat anyone especially in the conference. 

6 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

As a younger man, I’d have been hotter than a $2 pistol about this year’s Bama game, but I really didn’t care after about 5 minutes and thought “that was a good effort by our recent standards!”

You are exactly right.  It's amazing that other programs can hire coordinators but we are too good.  Would we have hired this bonehead if he had not been a HC before?  Coaches coach.  No matter what level.  Football is football.  If a guy can coach at D2, he can coach at D1.  

• Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm pretty much out.  Yea I'll still watch but who care....fucking losers.

My biggest problem....is that this post is full of shit, fueled by the almost fifth of whisky I drank watching that shitshow.  Yea I still care.  Been a fan since I was a kid in the 80s and had to deal with all my aggy classmastes giving me shit in school as we wandered in the bullshit wilderness. Then went there 94-98 and had a good time even though it was Mackovic (still the last class that can asy that we "won" three straight conference championships while I was a student as we tied with a lot of fuckers in 94, won last SWC in 95 and won first B12 in 96).  Was there for the mountain top moment in Pasadena on 1/4/06 and now have a daughter who is a sophomore there and a son who is a soph in HS super fan.  It fucking sucksI care but I can't quit this shit.  

It fucking kills me that we have sucked donkey dick for the last 12 years now, and I THINK I feel more apathetic than I used to.  BUT, I ain't quitting on it and neither are any of you assholes.  I'll be at the Cotton Bowl as I have been every year since 1988 so I just need to drink some more, get my fucking head right with ball and get over this latest fucking bullshit.  FUCK!

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

I have long waited for Texas to get a HC with a contract like “we pay $1M per win and zero for losses, and we both have a $0 buyout.” It’s not hard to win 6 games and still get paid a top10 salary. There would be real incentive to win every fucking game. Instead we go along with the arms race of paying $10M guaranteed with huge buyouts when we fire them. Any coach that passes on the opportune to make $12M+ with a $6M floor must be a scared bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve been headed that way for years and this year could put me into the Dallas cowboy zone. 

This is where I’m at. I still watch the Cowboys every week, but enough apathy has set in that the losses don’t even hurt anymore.

Texas losses still hurt, but the consistent incompetence is going to eventually lead me down the same road, and it’ll honestly be sweet relief for me when it does.