Anyone else out of fucks to give?

Fondren & Main

I'm a Texas and Dallas fan. Weekends have been trash for a long time now. Both are the same teams. Soft and shitty coaching. Nothing but brands that gets ratings but empty results on the field. I don't give a shit anymore for either.

I have no idea how people do this. I’m getting more numb to Texas every year but I’m not a big NFL guy, I can’t imagine going back for more the next day.
  • Like 1

I can handle the loss... But I hate how it fucks up the rest of my College Football watching experience because every other game inevitebly fills downtime with updates that Texas lost, halftime highlights show Texas lost, all forcing me to relive the experience for the rest of the day/week. Until we do it again next weekend. It's like a nightmare.

I hear you. I just do not watch any other college football. That is how I, as a fan, let one loss turn into two.

Wait until Arch decommits and takes the class with him
The only hope for Sark is if Ewers wins games 

The silver lining with regard to recruiting is, at this point, no one coming of age as a D1 football prospect remembers Texas being shit. We’ve been ass for as long as they can remember. Another 6-6 or 7-5 season is right in line with what they know Texas to be.

I expected more from Jeff Banks.  Sanders is ass my dude right now and needs more time in the incubator.  He's a real negative in inline blocking or pulling situations and as a coach you have to realize when you can afford to give nascent potential freedom to fuck up and improve, and when you fucking can't afford it.  Helm?  Davis?  And if there isn't anyone else you know won't whiff on critical blocks, go out and get your transfer yesterday (billingsley lmao).  I realize there are myriad other obvious things to bitch about, but he was supposed to be standout as a coach.  Maybe he's spread too thin on responsibilities, but shit man.  Disappointing

2 seasons ago i went Full Parcells and it makes days like today much easier.  I didn't snort the bama game.  I read all the people posting "45-10" and would have loved to see it.

Predicting results like that when we haven't done it in conference in 15 years is delusional.  But it doesn't mean PK sucks or Sark sux or whatever.

We didn't have the D talent to get them off the field.  I don't see how that is on PK in year 2 game 4 but pitchforks and torches require a target.

Today was lost when they went for it on 4th down on their 40, we stopped them we were up 10 and had the opportunity to put them to the sword and didn't do it.  That's on the Offense.

It's also clear the OL is still a year away.

I am glad we didn't burn Ewers today.

Card was fine.  He hit deep balls.  He scrambled.   The pick sucked.

Every year we expect to suddenly be what we haven't been.

It takes years.  Look at meatchicken.  Harbaugh stuck with Don Brown at DC for 5 years.

All of you gaping vaginas (Nicole excepted) need to nut up and come over to the dark side.

Embrace Parcells.

We are what our record says we are.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

2 seasons ago i went Full Parcells and it makes days like today much easier.  I didn't snort the bama game.  I read all the people posting "45-10" and would have loved to see it.

Predicting results like that when we haven't done it in conference in 15 years is delusional.  But it doesn't mean PK sucks or Sark sux or whatever.

We didn't have the D talent to get them off the field.  I don't see how that is on PK in year 2 game 4 but pitchforks and torches require a target.

Today was lost when they went for it on 4th down on their 40, we stopped them we were up 10 and had the opportunity to put them to the sword and didn't do it.  That's on the Offense.

It takes years.  Look at meatchicken.  Harbaugh stuck with Don Brown at DC for 5 years.

All of you gaping vaginas (Nicole excepted) need to nut up and come over to the dark side.

Embrace Parcells.

Has harbaugh had a losing season at Michigan?

has he lost 8 of the last eleven games? 
has he ever won more than 9 games in a year?  Don’t compare a proven winner to a loser like sark  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Shocked to see so much gnashing of teeth, TBH.

No clue how anyone could still get this worked up. I’m impressed.

I’m not really pissed about the loss. I’m used to those now. I’m pissed that it was allowed to slide into mediocrity. 

I am actually feeling grateful to Stark for showing his ass so early in the season and giving me back all these Saturdays.  Yea he got out hopes up a bit with Bama playing down to their competition, but give Sark credit for not waiting till mid or late season to tank.  Right out the starting gates he showed us that watching this team is a complete waste of time.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I've been checking out slowly over the last five years or so.  I used to plan Saturdays around games and get grumpy if something conflicted with a game.  For the last few years, I only get a twinge of that, come to my senses and thing "not missing anything," and am usually right.

Losses like this don't really piss me off anymore, I'm now more curious about the hiring process and the coaching process and what leads to this kind of thing.

I should add too that I think things like targeting and CTE/injury concerns are going to make football a less enjoyable sport and may make it go away entirely in my lifetime.

And, I am virtually certain that we will be cellar dwellers in the SEC in football for the foreseeable future and that experience is going to be less than enjoyable.

I don't really think I like where NIL is trending, either, although quite a bit remains to be seen.  I've said it before as mostly a joke, but I think it's likely as not:

The NFL Presents College Football League!!!  Teams officially licensed by your alma mater or favorite university!    Brought to you by BRAWNDO!

I gave up on NFL nearly 30 years ago and give zero fucks.  I should plan accordingly here, too.

• Like 1

I didn’t even watch. What’s the point?  I used to be a regular on this sub forum.  But there are better, more interesting sub forum all over the Surl.  If Texas wins, cool. But this sub forum and the football team are in some ways, the least interesting aspect of the University of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Embrace Parcells.

AC5A8FA4-9A67-4FBC-BB65-DFB852C30ED3.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

I came into this season on enjoy the process mode. Bama sucked me in, then there was hella red flags vs UTSA, now this. Ive pretty much resigned to the fact that we’re a mid tier at best program that despite loss is pointed in the right direction at least. Im gonna enjoy getting better little by little and enjoy every win. 7-5 will be fine with me tbh

10 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I didn’t even watch. What’s the point?  I used to be a regular on this sub forum.  But there are better, more interesting sub forum all over the Surl.  If Texas wins, cool. But this sub forum and the football team are in some ways, the least interesting aspect of the University of Texas. 

Underrated post

1 hour ago, DreadHead said:

I can handle the loss... But I hate how it fucks up the rest of my College Football watching experience because every other game inevitebly fills downtime with updates that Texas lost, halftime highlights show Texas lost, all forcing me to relive the experience for the rest of the day/week. Until we do it again next weekend. It's like a nightmare.

And how my interest in the rest of the season wanes with every Texas loss. I look forward to CFB for months, and each game day for six days every week.

And this program continues to shit on my heart.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I was the same way until retirement. I may need to rethink this. 

I am a current student (normally lurk) and have been going to games since '19. I'm 0-6 on the road, and probably around .500 in person overall (including cupcake openers). I spend money I nominally have and time I definitely don't posess on this team and there's just no payoff.

I was at the game today. Probably couldn't tell you too much about it. At a certain point the losses blend together.

Still have tickets for Stillwater and RRS, so hoping against all logic for the best. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I have many fucks to give, but mostly for baseball. 

I want football to do well, but I don't really expect them to. And when they do well to find a way to lose anyway. Because, you know, it is who we are.

Basketball is getting interesting though. Really looking forward to the season.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3

If you haven’t figured out how to enjoy a weekend doing other stuff by now you really need to take a long hard look in the mirror. First, life isn’t really a spectator sport to begin with and second if you’re going to be a spectator it’s gotta be for a winner. There is so much out there to see and do, Texas football deserves almost none of your passion or your time and attention. Move on, I have. Since the VY / USC Rose Bowl, I’ve learned how to play tennis, scuba dive, surf, paint on canvas, sail the ocean, fly fish for trout, bass, redfish and other salt water fish, and I’ve recently picked up the guitar. I want to add racing cars and speaking Spanish after that. Prior to VY / USC all I did was drink beer and wish Texas would win. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

Embrace Parcells.

So is Sark.

I went to a wedding this afternoon and evening for a high school friend with a number of people I hadn’t seen in 20 years. Later in the evening one high school classmate asked if Texas won today and I realized I hadn’t checked the score a single time.

Absolute apathy from a multi-generational alumnus who used to plan my family’s entire weekend around the UT game.

Edited by eljinca
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

spacer.png

No.

I give a fuck.

I can't stop giving a fuck.

But I also knew we came into this season with a lot of holes still left to fill, and holes that HAD been filled, were filled with young talent that needs time to develop.

This ain't our year and wasn't gonna be.

That said, I'm incredibly fucking pissed at our defense, especially the back seven. And I'm pissed about our second half offensive playcalling.

• Hook 'Em 1