ztejas sucks

ztejas

@jimmyjazzif Sark goes 6-6 or 7-5 this year what do you believe his record needs to be next year to keep his job? 9-3 or better? 

Sark has never finished better than 8-4 in the regular season. What's the likelihood of Sark pulling that miracle off? I need some explanation for why Sark is nothing more than a lame duck coach next season. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't give a shit. Permaban me. 

That's the most unacceptable fucking loss I've ever fucking seen from this football team.

Find the right guy. I don't know who it is but it isn't this chode. Losing the fanbase 4 fucking games into your 2nd season has to be some sort of record. 

That's the most embarrassing fucking loss I've ever seen in my God damn life. 

I don’t want to permaban you. I just think you’re abjectly wrong and a bit hysterical.

The Alabama game didn’t work out to be sure but was promising. Today’s loss is a bummer. A bummer, man.

It’s still September. Bijan rarely fumbles. Ewers will be back soon. If we lose to OU then by all means pitch a fit. I just think the ‘not our standard’ talk is a little dramatic given the fact that OU lost to KSU today. It will likely not take an undefeated team to win the big 12. All is not lost and it’s not time to sharpen the pitchforks yet.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Out of Steve's 9 losses, 4 had double digit leads in the 2nd half (OU,OSU,Baylor, TT), 6 had leads in the 2nd half or overtime (4 double digit + Alabama, Kansas). That is some Ricky Vaughn-esque closing ability there, Clark.

thats what happens when you have a shitty DC.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

And yet he retained the worst coach on staff. Unbelievable. 

The way he filled out his staff was a huge red flag for me. Hiring a DC after filling out the defensive staff? An O-line coach that doubles as the OC? Just a shit show from the beginning.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I guess we've now entered the phase in the Longhorn coaching cycle of life where we clearly have the "Fire Coach" camp vs the apologists camp, the name change on this thread title notwithstanding.  There will be much gnashing of teeth, and shit flinging, and sound and fury signifying nothing over the next year or two or three until Sark is finally let go.  There is no question to anyone with half a brain cell that's watched football for more than a season or two that Sark is not the guy and should never have been hired. It's not a question of should he be shitcanned, but instead when.  We've all seen this movie and we all know exactly how it ends. Worse yet, we know the entire second and third acts.  There will be coordinator changes. Supposed new beginnings. A new offense or new defense or some magical player that's gonna turn it all around.  Or some recruit that we will lose or gain if he's let go.  But we know none of that ever matters.  Offseason hope will always give way to the realization that it's the same old shit, usually by game two or three.  Unless you get the hire at the top right, starting right from the outset, everything else is bullshit.  We know it to be true, we just don't wanna see it. That's the essence of being a fan I guess. 

We'll have a new coaching search in another few years, regardless of what's said or argued about on this message board, because it's always about what happens on the field rather than the internet.  To paraphrase a famous poster, until then, we wait.  

We'll probably fuck up that hire too, because that's what we do, but you never know.  Maybe we will get lucky.  So there is hope.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Bullshit.  Had a decent QB been in the game, clock would have been eaten, drives extended, etc.  The D does better when they aren't on the field so much.

They also do better when they don't allow the other team to dink and dunk on them for 100 plays and get off the field. It suppose to be bend but don"t break. PK has implemented bend and hand them the KY.

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Man, you guys really make me laugh. Hudson Card stepped on the field last year and spent the whole season not seeing the field, holding onto the ball for too long, and running for his life. Ewers comes in and we are pitching it all over the field on time, and look for all purposes like we are going to beat Bama. Then he gets hurt. Card comes in and we look exactly like the last time Card was running the offense. How some of you didn't see that coming is mind boggling. When you cannot move the ball in crucial situations and leave teams hanging around, you are gonna lose a lot of games. How about we wait until we have competency at the most important position on the field before we start losing our minds. 

Tech is playing a backup QB with a 1st year head coach. 

There is no way of defending a coach that's 7-9 with 4 losses to .500 caliber teams. This is deja vu all over again from Strong. "How about we wait" is fine with me as long we aren't dog shit. We are dog shit. 

Texas gave Herman 4 years because there was progress in his 2nd year. There's nothing so far that shows progress much like Strong. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Man, you guys really make me laugh. Hudson Card stepped on the field last year and spent the whole season not seeing the field, holding onto the ball for too long, and running for his life. Ewers comes in and we are pitching it all over the field on time, and look for all purposes like we are going to beat Bama. Then he gets hurt. Card comes in and we look exactly like the last time Card was running the offense. How some of you didn't see that coming is mind boggling. When you cannot move the ball in crucial situations and leave teams hanging around, you are gonna lose a lot of games. How about we wait until we have competency at the most important position on the field before we start losing our minds. 

We had a 2 TD lead and the ball in tech territory and he called a play that had already been stuffed 3 times. Ewers is not solving our problems or beating the teams we need to beat with that shit. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

thats what happens when you have a shitty DC.

Its also what happens when your play caller changes the way he calls plays because he has a 2 score lead.  We can do this all day but we lost all of those games not only because our defense gave up points but because our offense went conservative and predictable.   We all knew what was coming in the second half today and so did the Tech team.  All of this doesn't fall on the defense when the offense went 3 and out repeatedly.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

How about we quit running Card out there and expecting a different result?

3 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Both can be true buddy. It was a home run hire for Baylor bc of what he did for them but when he gets the boot from Carolina and returns to college it’ll show that he was average most seasons 

This doesn't make any fucking sense, you realize that right? The NFL is a completely different animal that requires a different type of coach.

Case in point: Nick Saban being absolute hot garbage in the NFL as a head coach.

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There is no way of defending a coach that's 7-9 with 4 losses to .500 caliber teams. This is deja vu all over again from Strong. "How about we wait" is fine with me as long we aren't dog shit. We are dog shit. 

Texas gave Herman 4 years because there was progress in his 2nd year. There's nothing so far that shows progress much like Strong. 

Thank you for making this point. So many people tell me “look, we’re starting our backup QB” and I just cringe because so was Tech. 

• Hook 'Em 3

59 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’ve dated enough women to know I’ve probably fucked one of the ones this guy dated after they got mad at him for giving up trying to understand them beyond deciding it’s hormones, emotion or that time of the month.

Anyway, Sarkisian is ass.

You do realize that ztejas was "the woman" that I was referring too,  right?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I guess we've now entered the phase in the Longhorn coaching cycle of life where we clearly have the "Fire Coach" camp vs the apologists camp, the name change on this thread title notwithstanding.  There will be much gnashing of teeth, and shit flinging, and sound and fury signifying nothing over the next year or two or three until Sark is finally let go.  There is no question to anyone with half a brain cell that's watched football for more than a season or two that Sark is not the guy and should never have been hired. It's not a question of should he be shitcanned, but instead when.  We've all seen this movie and we all know exactly how it ends. Worse yet, we know the entire second and third acts.  There will be coordinator changes. Supposed new beginnings. A new offense or new defense or some magical player that's gonna turn it all around.  Or some recruit that we will lose or gain if he's let go.  But we know none of that ever matters.  Offseason hope will always give way to the realization that it's the same old shit, usually by game two or three.  Unless you get the hire at the top right, starting right from the outset, everything else is bullshit.  We know it to be true, we just don't wanna see it. That's the essence of being a fan I guess. 

We'll have a new coaching search in another few years, regardless of what's said or argued about on this message board, because it's always about what happens on the field rather than the internet.  To paraphrase a famous poster, until then, we wait.  

We'll probably fuck up that hire too, because that's what we do, but you never know.  Maybe we will get lucky.  So there is hope.

Shut up pussy. We have the we're running this shit camp and we have the I'm a pussy camp. We're running this shit outchea.

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We had a 2 TD lead and the ball in tech territory and he called a play that had already been stuffed 3 times. Ewers is not solving our problems or beating the teams we need to beat with that shit. 

4 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

How about we quit running Card out there and expecting a different result?

So let me get this straight. You guys watched how our offense looked with Ewers, and then the very SECOND we put Card into that Bama game we looked exactly like the last time Card was at the helm and you are still struggling with it? Weird

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Card completed 67% of his passes at 9.2 yards per attempt, with two scores and one pick. More than enough for any decent coach to win. Pinning the loss on him is just dumb and a transparent attempt to deflect attention from A) how poorly P.K. coached, B) how terrible our O-line played, and C) Sark channeling his inner Herman with the stupid wildcat Rojo package.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, satyanash said:

Card completed 67% of his passes at 9.2 yards per attempt, with two scores and one pick. More than enough for any decent coach to win. Pinning the loss on him is just dumb and a transparent attempt to deflect attention from A) how poorly P.K. coached, B) how terrible our O-line played, and C) Sark channeling his inner Herman with the stupid wildcat Rojo package.

You aren't playing just anyone. You are playing Tech at home. Context matters. Tech is a team built to score. What Card did wasn't enough against a team like that. You have to play keep away from Tech and everyone on this board should know that by now. If I told you Tech ran 100 plays on us what would you think they scored? 

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

So let me get this straight. You guys watched how our offense looked with Ewers, and then the very SECOND we put Card into that Bama game we looked exactly like the last time Card was at the helm and you are still struggling with it? Weird

Card played well enough to win this game. 

Ask yourself this. How can a terrible NC State offense find a way to win with Tim Beck as their offensive coordinator? It didn’t take a spectacular output from Card to beat a bad Texas Tech team with a 2nd string QB.

Sark has losses like this every year. It’s who he is.  

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You aren't playing just anyone. You are playing Tech at home. Context matters. Tech is a team built to score. What Card did wasn't enough against a team like that. You have to play keep away from Tech and everyone on this board should know that by now. If I told you Tech ran 100 plays on us what would you think they scored? 

37 points.

Tech scored 14 last week and 20 in regulation against Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I am struggling with the fact that I believe Card has limited ability compared to Ewers, bon last year and the SECOND he put Card in the Bama game. I believe Sark thinks the same thing deep down, but has more faith in him than I do.  He calls plays with Card's ability in mind.  Wildcat, screens, run on 1st and 2nd down, hoping he doesn't have to rely on Card to perform and when he does it usually is not a great result.  I think our opponents see the same fucking thing.  It is fucking predictable.  He gets blitzed and rattled, is slow to react and holds the ball a second too long.  I am not saying we should try a different QB if Ewers is hurt but I don't think Sark can make Card an effective QB with either play calling or coaching.

Ewers looked promising for 1 quarter, but I have not seen him play a second half of football and that seems to be our problem. So who the fuck knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Card played well enough to win this game. 

Ask yourself this. How can a terrible NC State offense find a way to win with Tim Beck as their offensive coordinator? It didn’t take a spectacular output from Card to beat a bad Texas Tech team with a 2nd string QB.

Sark has losses like this every year. It’s who he is.  

Every game is different. NC state ran a ball control offense and had a TOP of 33 minutes to Tech's 25. They kept the ball from them and that's how you beat Tech. How you don't beat tech is let them run 100 plays. Also, we have a young line that cannot open holes in the run game. So we cannot just adopt other team's gameplans. 

I keep saying that Sark made 2 critical errors in the off-season that will ultimately doom him. 1. Not getting a transfer OL in the portal. Even a 5th year senior from a smaller school. Multiple true freshman starting on the O line won’t end well regardless of talent. 2. Not firing PK in the off-season.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ztejas might be melting a bit but you don't think there's enough information? 

Sark is on track to lose at least 4 games in all 8 seasons as a head coach. Sark is now 7-9 at Texas with 4 losses to .500 (or worse) teams. There's plenty of information to suggest Sark isn't going to work here. 

The same was true of Strong and then we had a lame duck coach in year 3. I was negged into oblivion for suggesting Strong should have been fired after year 2 but the outlook is very similar with Sark. 

Not even close. I was with you on Strong after year 2. Sark had no talent. I’ve been alive since ‘78 and actively following Texas football since ‘86 and I’ve never seen a team more devoid of talent than I did last year. That has changed but we are young. I chalk this loss up to a shit D performance, a stagnant 2nd half O with 2 of our 3 best playmakers sidelined, and a young OL. We will get better under Sark. We are in need of paying GP $2MM per year to take over for PK. Other than that I like the trajectory we’re on. Some of you need to calm down. 

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

For the last fucking time, hire the guy that has built 6 programs from the ashes:

Willie Fritz

Since taking over Tulane in 2016, Fritz is 16-32 in conference and averages 5th place in the ACC.

Plus he's 62 years old. I realize he has a decent track record prior to that, but if there was ever a window for him to jump to a P5, it was back in 2015-16.

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I just wanna know when we’re gonna stop playing pussy ball on defense? Why do we keep giving teams 10 yd cushion? Bend don’t break bullshit should not happen at Texas with 4 & 5 stars. That’s shit the Kansas, Iowa St, TCU, etc of CFB have to do. Why are we such a soft as baby shit program?

We got Shawn Watson’ed. Sark talked about changing to a more attacking style all off-season, then PK rolls out the same chickenshit, reactionary, soft coverage  pussy ball from last season.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Every game is different. NC state ran a ball control offense and had a TOP of 33 minutes to Tech's 25. They kept the ball from them and that's how you beat Tech. How you don't beat tech is let them run 100 plays. Also, we have a young line that cannot open holes in the run game. So we cannot just adopt other team's gameplans. 

Fine, don't look at the perspective of one game. 

Sark has never finished better than 8-4 in a season. This is year 8. Getting Ewers back might be the silver bullet that finally allows Sark to get over the 8-4 hump. It's nothing more than wishcasting because it's never happened. 

Just now, Stunns38 said:

I keep saying that Sark made 2 critical errors in the off-season that will ultimately doom him. 1. Not getting a transfer OL in the portal. Even a 5th year senior from a smaller school. Multiple true freshman starting on the O line won’t end well regardless of talent. 2. Not firing PK in the off-season.

1 I disagree with. That shit doesn’t work but for mediocre immediate results and to the detriment of developing a studly batch of freshmen linemen. Be patient, even if we go 7-5 this year, which is our floor. 

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

34 points on the board. That's pretty damn decent for a back up

35 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Its also what happens when your play caller changes the way he calls plays because he has a 2 score lead.  We can do this all day but we lost all of those games not only because our defense gave up points but because our offense went conservative and predictable.   We all knew what was coming in the second half today and so did the Tech team.  All of this doesn't fall on the defense when the offense went 3 and out repeatedly.

6 of 8 on 4th down...

1 I disagree with. That shit doesn’t work but for mediocre immediate results and to the detriment of developing a studly batch of freshmen linemen. Be patient, even if we go 7-5 this year, which is our floor. 

Agree to disagree. Outside of Banks who’s a freak of nature, true freshman OL generally don’t have the strength to compete effectively. Our interior OL is very smart and developing but are frequently overpowered. A serviceable experienced transfer OG (even with Angulau) would have been optimal. I’m not talking about JAGS.

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

6 of 8 on 4th down...

And the two times we stopped them we went 4 and out and 3 and out, if I'm not mistaken.  I agree the defense was terrible this game, especially in 4th down situations, but I know the offense didn't help in the second half.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Thank you for making this point. So many people tell me “look, we’re starting our backup QB” and I just cringe because so was Tech. 

this and their back up QB(who can't really throw) was willing to run AKA "Texas D Kryptonite." when needed or planned.   our back up, who also can't really throw, is expected to be fucking Dan Marino.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Fine, don't look at the perspective of one game. 

Sark has never finished better than 8-4 in a season. This is year 8. Getting Ewers back might be the silver bullet that finally allows Sark to get over the 8-4 hump. It's nothing more than wishcasting because it's never happened. 

Lol. You guys are borderline retarded after these games. Sark took over Washington after they went 0-12. That's zero and fucking 12. You know how bad you have to be to lose every single game? He got them to 5-7 the next year. Then he lost Jake Locker but went 6-6. 7-6 the next year, then the 2013 team went 9-4. So he took a winless UW team to 9-4. Context matters. He wasn't even at USC for 2 years. He went 9-4 there in year one. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I grew up bleeding for Texas. I still bleed for Texas. I'll always bleed for Texas. Go fuck yourself and quit characterizing someone that you don't know. You've been a total fucking dick tonight. Fuck you. 

You can do all that and not define your enjoyment of Texas by the losses. 2005 is about as relevant to my life and how I live it as 2020 was. Enjoy the wins and shake off the losses, it just doesn't matter in the end.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Lol. You guys are borderline retarded after these games. Sark took over Washington after they went 0-12. That's zero and fucking 12. You know how bad you have to be to lose every single game? He got them to 5-7 the next year. Then he lost Jake Locker but went 6-6. 7-6 the next year, then the 2013 team went 9-4. So he took a winless UW team to 9-4. Context matters. He wasn't even at USC for 2 years. He went 9-4 there in year one. 

we were 7-3 when we fired Herman...

• Hook 'Em 1

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks