ztejas sucks

ztejas

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Those were busted plays for the most part, which is why as soon as they adjusted our offense went in the tank.  Card has never looked effective running this offense. I have a theory about that with what Lake Travis runs on offense and the amount of reads. 

Card wants his receivers to be wide open before he throws, it's why so many awesome can't miss high school qbs sell insurance.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Oh fuck off grandpa.  Go back to your retirement home and eat some jello.   You couldn't argue the point, so you pivoted to some folksy bullshit.  Yeah, I know bitching about it here doesn't matter.  But bitching about losses of rigged games is dumb as hell.  

Who pivoted?  Lmao.  I argued the point just fine.  What can be controlled vs what can’t.  You?  “Grandpa/Retirement home/jello smack.  You’re usually better than that, even when you’re wrong.

Weak sauce old pal.  

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sark will get 1x freebie “re-do” at DC (probably by mid-season), and we’ll pointlessly drag out his tenure for the last lame duck Big 12 season in 2023.

He’s a likeable enough guy, so a portion of our dumb ass fanbase will probably argue that “the cake is baked” — even after an embarrassing road loss to UCF, Cougar High or BYU. 

CDC will hire Traylor or a similarly unproven G5 commodity, and we’ll all be SHOCKED when it fails spectacularly. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

13 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Sark will get 1x freebie “re-do” at DC (probably by mid-season), and we’ll pointlessly drag out his tenure for the last lame duck Big 12 season in 2023.

He’s a likeable enough guy, so a portion of our dumb ass fanbase will probably argue that “the cake is baked” — even after an embarrassing road loss to UCF, Cougar High or BYU. 

CDC will hire Traylor or a similarly unproven G5 commodity, and we’ll all be SHOCKED when it fails spectacularly. Rinse and repeat. 

Gary Patterson is available and already lives in Austin. IIRC, he did some really good consulting work for UT a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what he’s up to now. 

36 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

CDC will hire Traylor or a similarly unproven G5 commodity, and we’ll all be SHOCKED when it fails spectacularly. 

You're probably right but it should never happen. There are proven power conference coaches that would take the Texas job. 

I would take all of the following coaches over a G5 commodity. Gundy, Kiffin, Aranda, Mark Stoops (yes I'm serious). 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

We're so mediocre that's it's being reduced to a.) not being able to wait until some other team puts Tech, or anyone else we lose to, in its place or b.) whining about how badly we would have beaten Alabama if those damned refs had not hated us so much. 

12 years (plus) of mediocrity drives some to such mind-numbing nonsense where we have to rely on other teams to help generate some satisfaction or blaming officials which is just as comical.

Teams that are well coached and execute simply chuckle at shit like the above. Unfortunately, we're nowhere near either zip code. Sucks, but it's true. 

We're just fans, and we've been kicked in the balls repeatedly for 12 years. We can blame and whine about whatever the hell we want.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I think Saban’s greatest quality is his ability to create an edge and have his team/staff mentally prepared every week. 

It can’t be easy. Bama has been a dynasty team and everyone expects them to win 98% of the time. I think the reason they are so great is Saban still tries to create chip and build urgency/intensity all week. You can tell how much the praise infuriates him. Rat poison. He’s doing everything he can to get rid of it. 

Too bad Sark didn’t absorb that quality  from Nick. 

Sabans greatest quality is his ability to recognize talented assistants and get them to join him, then replace them when they get poached or let them go when they suck.   He’s not perfect (BoB) but he’s the best and 2nd isn’t close.  

He is constantly hiring as he loses 3-4 assistants every year it’s seems, and coupled with his tenure I doubt there’s a guy who has worked with more different coaches than he has.   Our last 2 coaches were terrible at assembling a staff and while Sark is better, he isn’t great.    Muschamp would have been a great initial add at DC but he couldn’t close that deal.  Bringing in Patterson as analyst was a shrewd move… by CDC

We will continue to wander the desert until we find someone who is good at that aspect of the job.

20 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

This was a bad loss and Sark had his hand in it but Tennessee/Florida is a good example of how the game would have gone with an elite QB. Florida ran about 100 plays like Tech did and converted on 5-6 of their 4th downs but the difference was having Hendon Hooker to convert 6-9 3rd downs compared to Card only converting 3-9. As good as he played up to the 4th quarter, Quinn only needs to be enough of an upgrade, which he is, to convert 1 more 3rd down and we win that game and probably win going away. With Quinn we are 6-11 (2-3 vs Bama) so far this year on 3rd and 4th down with a few of those 3rd downs being Bijan runs because Sark know he can trust Quinn on 4th. 

Or hell, maybe having Overshown in the first half blows up a couple more TTU fourth downs and they quit that and never run 100 plays.

With Ewers, they probably don't run 100 plays either.

• Hook 'Em 1

"With the close of the regular season, I want to reiterate that Tom Herman is our coach," Del Conte added. 

Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment.

link

cheap talk from a guy that doesn't really run things anyway.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

"With the close of the regular season, I want to reiterate that Tom Herman is our coach," Del Conte added. 

Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment.

link

Yes, that is the article that I was referring to.  

15 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Sark is 1-8 in his last 9 Big 12 games 

Well he has SIGNATURE WINS against:

Rajun Cajuns

Rice

Tech (and their HC's (Wells) days were numbered there already for making fun of Lubbock on various Lubbock media outlets)

TCU ( this win probably got Fatterson fired and hired on our staff--so that was probably Sark's best win to date)

KState (perhaps the best signature win?)

Louisiana Monroe

and UTSA.

I mean...last year we were losing games by an average of 10 points. This year, the average is 2 points...so we've got that going for us. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Post is #666, too. We're fucked.

Or the vulture will lift the curse.

Or that's our newest 5 star recruit that will definitely turn things around.

image.png.b1472fbebc4a77d689652a1ca66b40fb.png

Hmmm….birds. The Mississippi State/Aggie game last year when that grackle was on the field was also an omen…maybe our next hire should come from the Leach coaching tree? I don’t know anymore.

D0C77E4B-FAD9-4F3F-B45F-018D86832A91.jpeg

3027A049-12BC-44D7-B3AC-F5990E48A082.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I'm not sure they have the better coach.

That's not a pro Sark statement. 

Venables is going to start their streak of hiring mediocre  to horrible coaches.   It's going to be Gary Gibbs 2.0.  followed by a splash hire that will be dud like Howard Schillenberger who left after a year with the book end of John Blake.  

• Drool 2

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t know how anyone who follows Texas can come to this conclusion, but okay.

I’ve been watching us wishcast for over a decade.  At this point I’m so fucking beaten down that I’ve started questioning whether or not Vince exists and I was in school when he won.  I’m convinced we are gonna suck ass for the rest of my life.  Hope I’m wrong.  I long for the days of 10 win seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’ve been watching us wishcast for over a decade.  At this point I’m so fucking beaten down that I’ve started questioning whether or not Vince exists and I was in school when he won.  I’m convinced we are gonna suck ass for the rest of my life.  Hope I’m wrong.  I long for the days of 10 win seasons.

With regards to ou, basically since 2000.  Fuck that school.

• Rage+1 2

13 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

link

Just for the record, when he made that statement he knew Sark was coming.  I suppose he was word playing to stay factually correct. 

I was simply stating that if anyone should understand that highly ranked recruiting classes don’t necessarily mean you’ve got a good head coach, it’s Texas fans. See: Strong, Charles; Herman, Thomas; Sarkisian, Stephen; and even to some extent, Brown, William.

Now that I think of it, maybe we just need to hire a coach that goes by his actual name.

No idea about Venables. Haven’t watched OU too much and Lincoln really did gut the program with little opportunity to recover. I think you actually do have to withhold judgment on him for a couple years.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I had a business conversation last evening with a USC grad (he has a Masters from USC). He is a big football fan and we discussed Sark. He has been following Sark's career for a longer time than any of us. He feels a lot of people give Sark a pass on his poor performance as a head coach pre-Texas because of his alcoholism. He insists Sark wasn't a bad head coach because he drank. He drank because he is a bad head coach. I think he is likely correct.  

Edited by JFKFC
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 7:05 PM, Cajun said:

Who pivoted?  Lmao.  I argued the point just fine.  What can be controlled vs what can’t.  You?  “Grandpa/Retirement home/jello smack.  You’re usually better than that, even when you’re wrong.

Weak sauce old pal.  

Sorry about that, I have been a bit reactionary lately (stressed out over a project).  Glad I made you laugh at least.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks