ztejas sucks

ztejas

55 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Tech was the worst team left on the schedule and playing a backup QB and we still got embarrassed. Irrelevance is here to stay, regardless of coaches and players. Accept we and Nebraska are equals, it’ll help you sleep at night when you realize the program is irrelevant. 

Losing by a field goal in a overtime is an embarrassment? Nothing short of a championship will ever satisfy you people.

Just now, dcar00 said:

we were 7-3 when we fired Herman...

Tom Herman wasn't fired because he was a bad game day coach

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Card completed 67% of his passes at 9.2 yards per attempt, with two scores and one pick. More than enough for any decent coach to win. Pinning the loss on him is just dumb and a transparent attempt to deflect attention from A) how poorly P.K. coached, B) how terrible our O-line played, and C) Sark channeling his inner Herman with the stupid wildcat Rojo package.

Card is ass, my dude.  Bottom line, end of story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Thatguy said:

Lol. You guys are borderline retarded after these games. Sark took over Washington after they went 0-12. That's zero and fucking 12. You know how bad you have to be to lose every single game? He got them to 5-7 the next year. Then he lost Jake Locker but went 6-6. 7-6 the next year, then the 2013 team went 9-4. So he took a winless UW team to 9-4. Context matters. He wasn't even at USC for 2 years. He went 9-4 there in year one. 

I've been down this road before with Strong and it was exhausting with all the Strong apologists. 

Sark is now 53-44 as a head coach. You can add context to his record but that's his record. I'm hoping for the best but there's nothing to suggest he's going to be anything other than a mediocre coach. 

Instead of these pointless discussions, why don't we hire a coach that has a good record where we don't have to put context on records? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Lol. You guys are borderline retarded after these games. Sark took over Washington after they went 0-12. That's zero and fucking 12. You know how bad you have to be to lose every single game? He got them to 5-7 the next year. Then he lost Jake Locker but went 6-6. 7-6 the next year, then the 2013 team went 9-4. So he took a winless UW team to 9-4. Context matters. He wasn't even at USC for 2 years. He went 9-4 there in year one. 

I agree, context does matter.

Going from 0-12 to 8-4 in 5 years is commendable, but it is no more than commendable. If he had won the P12 conference, that's an entirely different ballgame.

I would argue that it is a tougher step going from 8-4 to 11-1 and being conference champ than it is 0-12 to 5-7.

That's the difference between great coaching and everyone else - they get the conference hardware. They can see it through to the end. Sark has never done that as a HC.

He was 24-21 in conference at UW

Best finish at UW? 3rd in the division (5-4 conference record)

He was  7-5 in conference at USC, getting fired in year 2 for being a dumb ass.

Best finish at USC? tied for 2nd in the division (year 1)

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

Going from 0-12 to 8-4 in 5 years is commendable, but it is no more than commendable. If he had won the P12 conference, that's an entirely different ballgame.

I would argue that it is a tougher step going from 8-4 to 11-1 and being conference champ than it is 0-12 to 5-7.

That's the difference between great coaching and everyone else - they get the conference hardware. They can see it through to the end. Sark has never done that as a HC.

Aranda was 2-7 his first year but won B12 his second year.  Baylor is 3-1 and rolling compared to us.  I’m not sure Sark will even win 6 games this season or next season based on his 7-9 record to date.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Aranda was 2-7 his first year but won B12 his second year.  Baylor is 3-1 and rolling compared to us.  I’m not sure Sark will even win 6 games this season or next season based on his 7-9 record to date.

I would love to have Dave Aranda as our head coach.

Edited by David Dennison

28 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I would love to have Dave Aranda as our head coach.

Let's tap the brakes there.

I've seen the "aranda went from 2-7 to 12-2" , but  it's always left out that they were 11-1 (regular season) the year before he got there.

So he took a team that was conference champion quality and won a conference championship.

I would bet that +75% of their current starters are guys the other staff recruited.

Wait for 2-3 more years and see how his players perform.

Edited by redswingline
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, redswingline said:

When I see all the hype "oh he took them from 2-7 to 12-2"  it's always left out that they were 11-1 regular season and 11-3 overall, the year before he got there.

So he took a team that was conference champion quality and won a conference championship. Remember, they lost to blo-u in OT in rhules last season.

I would bet that 75% of their current starters are guys rhule recruited.

There's an obvious choice but it will never happen. 

Gundy is on track for his 8th double digit win season at Oklahoma State. Meanwhile we've hired Strong, Herman, and Sark who had a combined 3 double digit win seasons prior to Texas. 

8 minutes ago, redswingline said:

Let's tap the brakes there.

I've seen the "aranda went from 2-7 to 12-2" , but  it's always left out that they were 11-1 (regular season) the year before he got there.

So he took a team that was conference champion quality and won a conference championship.

I would bet that +75% of their current starters are guys the other staff recruited.

Fair.

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

This is fair, too. Maybe Sark is the guy but something has to change. Fuck me that was brutal. 

If we can get Quinn back, and maybe either make Patterson DC or at least promote him to some position that allows him to go out and coach the D how to pickup stray footballs they see on the ground or even (God forbid) force the other team to drop a few more - then we throttle OU.  At this point I wouldn't be against putting the defense on bi-polar meds.  One second they are stopping Alabama and the next they struggle against UTSA and Tech.  

As for the offense, maybe we need to dig out GDGDs old playbook, bring in a voodoo priest, and have a ceremonial burning.  These passes Card is attempting are looking really familiar.  I will say Card isn't dogshit, but I could see him being in that meme where there are two red buttons and the person in the meme can't decide which one to push.  When Quinn is back someone needs to really work with Card on making better decisions and getting the ball out of his hands much faster.

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I guess we've now entered the phase in the Longhorn coaching cycle of life where we clearly have the "Fire Coach" camp vs the apologists camp, the name change on this thread title notwithstanding.  There will be much gnashing of teeth, and shit flinging, and sound and fury signifying nothing over the next year or two or three until Sark is finally let go.  There is no question to anyone with half a brain cell that's watched football for more than a season or two that Sark is not the guy and should never have been hired. It's not a question of should he be shitcanned, but instead when.  We've all seen this movie and we all know exactly how it ends. Worse yet, we know the entire second and third acts.  There will be coordinator changes. Supposed new beginnings. A new offense or new defense or some magical player that's gonna turn it all around.  Or some recruit that we will lose or gain if he's let go.  But we know none of that ever matters.  Offseason hope will always give way to the realization that it's the same old shit, usually by game two or three.  Unless you get the hire at the top right, starting right from the outset, everything else is bullshit.  We know it to be true, we just don't wanna see it. That's the essence of being a fan I guess. 

We'll have a new coaching search in another few years, regardless of what's said or argued about on this message board, because it's always about what happens on the field rather than the internet.  To paraphrase a famous poster, until then, we wait.  

We'll probably fuck up that hire too, because that's what we do, but you never know.  Maybe we will get lucky.  So there is hope.

make it happen ...

FdcIqksWIAAwxtR?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 2

Long time lurker

First time poster 

Yall are being drunk and stupid.  Tech outplayed us. Pure and simple.  6 fucking 4th down conversions.  Multiple missed TO opportunities. Sark may be the problem but this game doesn't prove that.   

We got outplayed.  It happens.  Let's move, grow,  and wreck shit next game.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I guess we've now entered the phase in the Longhorn coaching cycle of life where we clearly have the "Fire Coach" camp vs the apologists camp, the name change on this thread title notwithstanding.  There will be much gnashing of teeth, and shit flinging, and sound and fury signifying nothing over the next year or two or three until Sark is finally let go.  There is no question to anyone with half a brain cell that's watched football for more than a season or two that Sark is not the guy and should never have been hired. It's not a question of should he be shitcanned, but instead when.  We've all seen this movie and we all know exactly how it ends. Worse yet, we know the entire second and third acts.  There will be coordinator changes. Supposed new beginnings. A new offense or new defense or some magical player that's gonna turn it all around.  Or some recruit that we will lose or gain if he's let go.  But we know none of that ever matters.  Offseason hope will always give way to the realization that it's the same old shit, usually by game two or three.  Unless you get the hire at the top right, starting right from the outset, everything else is bullshit.  We know it to be true, we just don't wanna see it. That's the essence of being a fan I guess. 

We'll have a new coaching search in another few years, regardless of what's said or argued about on this message board, because it's always about what happens on the field rather than the internet.  To paraphrase a famous poster, until then, we wait.  

We'll probably fuck up that hire too, because that's what we do, but you never know.  Maybe we will get lucky.  So there is hope.

Texas has become the Aggycoaster meme. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I've been down this road before with Strong and it was exhausting with all the Strong apologists. 

Sark is now 53-44 as a head coach. You can add context to his record but that's his record. I'm hoping for the best but there's nothing to suggest he's going to be anything other than a mediocre coach. 

Instead of these pointless discussions, why don't we hire a coach that has a good record where we don't have to put context on records? 

Bingo.  I think the biggest issue with Texas is meddling boosters  Who have no clue how to hire a football coach and refuse to give that power to someone else.

Bunch of rich guys who think they know football but they don't. Sound's a lot like Jerry Jones doesn't it?

All the downvotes in the world won't change that fact fellas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

4 hours ago, redswingline said:

It's Washington man. You act as though they are a blue blood program. They were 1-10, 5-5, 4-9, and 0-11 leading into Sark. He recruited and by the time his recruits came full bloom they won 9 games, which is good for Washington. One could argue that when Chris Peterson had that great year there he was doing it with Sark's guys. Washington is a perennial 500 program. USC was 9-4 year one, then Sark was fired 5 games in for coming to meetings drunk.  

Bottom line, you guys are miserable. There literally is NO pleasing you. You got the shiny new toy two times in a row and those guys proved to be not it. You had the old ball coach type, and we couldn't win despite having stockpiles of NFL talent abound. Now we have a solid X and O coach and you guys are already ready to usher the dude out. Guy gets recruiting headed in the right direction. We have big bodied NFL types on the line. Proper NFL receivers. The number one QB recruit on campus, with two more right behind him. We roll out Ewers and look like the Longhorns of old for two games. Then Ewers gets hurt, Card comes back in looking exactly how he looked all season. Suddenly we forget how we looked to start the season. Suddenly we forget how recruiting has turned. 

Players win games. Coaches don't. What are our problems that we knew about going into the season? Our line was young and super inexperienced. Therefore we were going to struggle running the ball. We hoped that Ewers and those receivers could take enough pressure off that line to be effective. On defense we were unsure about all 3 levels. The D-line was good on paper but the effort level wasn't there. We struggled with edge rushers. Linebacker play was spotty. Secondary the same. Everyone was thinking 3 or 4 losses and that was with Ewers. You swap in Card and now it looks dicey. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's Washington man. You act as though they are a blue blood program. They were 1-10, 5-5, 4-9, and 0-11 leading into Sark. He recruited and by the time his recruits came full bloom they won 9 games, which is good for Washington. One could argue that when Chris Peterson had that great year there he was doing it with Sark's guys. Washington is a perennial 500 program. USC was 9-4 year one, then Sark was fired 5 games in for coming to meetings drunk.  

Bottom line, you guys are miserable. There literally is NO pleasing you. You got the shiny new toy two times in a row and those guys proved to be not it. You had the old ball coach type, and we couldn't win despite having stockpiles of NFL talent abound. Now we have a solid X and O coach and you guys are already ready to usher the dude out. Guy gets recruiting headed in the right direction. We have big bodied NFL types on the line. Proper NFL receivers. The number one QB recruit on campus, with two more right behind him. We roll out Ewers and look like the Longhorns of old for two games. Then Ewers gets hurt, Card comes back in looking exactly how he looked all season. Suddenly we forget how we looked to start the season. Suddenly we forget how recruiting has turned. 

Players win games. Coaches don't. What are our problems that we knew about going into the season? Our line was young and super inexperienced. Therefore we were going to struggle running the ball. We hoped that Ewers and those receivers could take enough pressure off that line to be effective. On defense we were unsure about all 3 levels. The D-line was good on paper but the effort level wasn't there. We struggled with edge rushers. Linebacker play was spotty. Secondary the same. Everyone was thinking 3 or 4 losses and that was with Ewers. You swap in Card and now it looks dicey. 

We're definitely a work in progress. Although some days it feels more like regress. I have to keep reminding myself that we're still patching up holes across what was a badly flawed roster. Still, it shouldn't take all three of Ewers, Worthy or Neyor to beat a pedestrian Tech team. 

Too bad Sark can't script a whole game. We seem to do way better running what we've choreographed and rehearsed. Beyond there, not so much. 

Oh, and dump the DC. He's not good enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

You can do all that and not define your enjoyment of Texas by the losses. 2005 is about as relevant to my life and how I live it as 2020 was. Enjoy the wins and shake off the losses, it just doesn't matter in the end.

The dude has repeatedly and unequivocally shouted in this thread he derives his sense of self worth from watching young adults play sport. I'm getting the feeling he can't just shake it off.

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

We're definitely a work in progress. Although some days it feels more like regress. I have to keep reminding myself that we're still patching up holes across what was a badly flawed roster. Still, it shouldn't take all three of Ewers, Worthy or Neyor to beat a pedestrian Tech team. 

Too bad Sark can't script a whole game. We seem to do way better running what we've choreographed and rehearsed. Beyond there, not so much. 

Oh, and dump the DC. He's not good enough. 

Here is what I will say. Players matter a lot. We spent the last decade just grabbing guys, and not building toward something. Coming into Sark's tenure we had terrible line play and our QB room was one JAG and a guy who looked for all purposes to be lost on a football field. Card went 1-3 last year and  that 1 was against ULL and he looked extremely shaky in that game. He looked yesterday, exactly like he did all last year. Holding onto the ball. Doesn't see receivers. Can't deliver in crucial moments. Casey looked at least competent, and went 3-1 before injuring his thumb against OU. After that he struggled but you could see he at least saw the field. Back to the first guy. At no time since dawning a Texas uni has Card looked solid. Ever. Why anyone is surprised that we lost to Tech on the road with that dude running the offense is beyond me. Defensively we have the same guys as we had last year. We needed to play keep away with Tech but instead we couldn't hold onto the ball and they ran 100 plays against our shaky defense. They went for it 8 times on 4th down because they had no fear of our offense. Had the offensive been more threatening they punt a few of those and we win going away. 

We'll go 7-5, if we're lucky.  But we recruit from Texas high schools where some of you played football.  And mainly those recruits will be 4* players.  And we'll expect to compete for Big XII/SEC titles because of that.  But in the end, we'll just hope to be bowl eligible because Texas high school football isn't the panacea y'all make it out to be.  We aren't good at football at UT.  Because Texas football is a fucking mirage.  Get it in your fucking heads.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

You realize that most of the top players aren't staying at Texas because the coaches are so good at convincing them to stay right? 

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

You realize that most of the top players aren't staying at Texas because the coaches are so good at convincing them to stay right? 

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Even Jerry Jones and Barry Switzer managed to win the Super Bowl when there was no salary cap and the Cowboys could just outspend everyone. If Sark manages to be mediocre when Texas basically has that same advantage, he should get a lifetime achievement award.

We haven't had across the board talent since 09. We've had a guy here or there, but the NFL doesn't lie. At one time back then we had close to 50 guys in the NFL. Now we barely have any. We also have had one decent QB on the 40 since Colt and win-losses have reflected that. It's not rocket science. Have good players. Have decent schemes. Profit. Look at the Ags and their scheme and QB play. Horrendous. Players matter in this game. Everyone thought we were outmatched vs USC in 05, but as the NFL showed we actually had better players when it was all said and done. Name brand be damned, its about actual on the field talent, and right now we are spotty. However, you can see them shoring up the holes.  

I want to be clear - the players were very obviously better than their competition today. The march down the field with 21 seconds left is all you need to know about the mental resilience that is different from last season. It sucks that Bijan fumbled and JT couldn't scoop it - tough break. Even with a win in OT this would not have been okay. If sark went into the presser after a trash win and said "we learned about what we need to work on with the players" or something like that it's exactly what I'd expect from a trash coach. He and his staff were out coached. Plain and simple. There is a video going around of the Tech coach telling his guys he knew Texas would break and they did. That is 1000% on the coaching staff. 

Everyone wants to say shit like it's cards fault for not seeing wide open Gunnar Helm and throwing that insane interception with JT wide the fuck open. That's pure coaching. He hasn't taught card to look for the dump off safe throw. If he has any card isn't making those throws it's on the coach to bench him. Sark let PK call a gameplan that didn't include packages to pressure a shitty backup who can't play under pressure. They rushed 3 for the majority of the game. This coaching staff is inept. I'm glad that with a fucking QB that would win with a potato as an OC we look incredible. We also have a Heisman quality running back and a 2nd RB that is easily an NFL starting quality back. They had 11 carries combined in the first half. 

This game shouldn't have been a loss, it should have been an absolute blowout. 6/8 on 4th downs is not on the players when the scheme is just trash. The tight end running loose THE WHOLE GAME isn't on the players it's scheme that wasn't adjusted to account for a TE that could actually catch. 

This staff is entirely to blame here. Let's stop acting like Sarkisians is some recruiting fucking God as well. Some of us have been doing a lot to make sure he doesn't look as incompetent as he does on the field with regards to talent as well. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

I am struggling with the fact that I believe Card has limited ability compared to Ewers, bon last year and the SECOND he put Card in the Bama game. I believe Sark thinks the same thing deep down, but has more faith in him than I do.  He calls plays with Card's ability in mind.  Wildcat, screens, run on 1st and 2nd down, hoping he doesn't have to rely on Card to perform and when he does it usually is not a great result.  I think our opponents see the same fucking thing.  It is fucking predictable.  He gets blitzed and rattled, is slow to react and holds the ball a second too long.  I am not saying we should try a different QB if Ewers is hurt but I don't think Sark can make Card an effective QB with either play calling or coaching.

Ewers looked promising for 1 quarter, but I have not seen him play a second half of football and that seems to be our problem. So who the fuck knows.

Apparently, too, Card gives false impressions in practices of what he can succeed with.  Much like he apparently is a practice warrior that melts in game action, he seems to be able to execute certain packages in practice that fail in live action.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We haven't had across the board talent since 09. We've had a guy here or there, but the NFL doesn't lie. At one time back then we had close to 50 guys in the NFL. Now we barely have any. We also have had one decent QB on the 40 since Colt and win-losses have reflected that. It's not rocket science. Have good players. Have decent schemes. Profit. Look at the Ags and their scheme and QB play. Horrendous. Players matter in this game. Everyone thought we were outmatched vs USC in 05, but as the NFL showed we actually had better players when it was all said and done. Name brand be damned, its about actual on the field talent, and right now we are spotty. However, you can see them shoring up the holes.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/

Tied for 12th isn't "hardly any" and there are at least 5 NFL starters. BTW better than Texas A&M. Texas being behind on the field with talent is a fucking myth and it needs to stop. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

I want to be clear - the players were very obviously better than their competition today. The march down the field with 21 seconds left is all you need to know about the mental resilience that is different from last season. It sucks that Bijan fumbled and JT couldn't scoop it - tough break. Even with a win in OT this would not have been okay. If sark went into the presser after a trash win and said "we learned about what we need to work on with the players" or something like that it's exactly what I'd expect from a trash coach. He and his staff were out coached. Plain and simple. There is a video going around of the Tech coach telling his guys he knew Texas would break and they did. That is 1000% on the coaching staff. 

Everyone wants to say shit like it's cards fault for not seeing wide open Gunnar Helm and throwing that insane interception with JT wide the fuck open. That's pure coaching. He hasn't taught card to look for the dump off safe throw. If he has any card isn't making those throws it's on the coach to bench him. Sark let PK call a gameplan that didn't include packages to pressure a shitty backup who can't play under pressure. They rushed 3 for the majority of the game. This coaching staff is inept. I'm glad that with a fucking QB that would win with a potato as an OC we look incredible. We also have a Heisman quality running back and a 2nd RB that is easily an NFL starting quality back. They had 11 carries combined in the first half. 

This game shouldn't have been a loss, it should have been an absolute blowout. 6/8 on 4th downs is not on the players when the scheme is just trash. The tight end running loose THE WHOLE GAME isn't on the players it's scheme that wasn't adjusted to account for a TE that could actually catch. 

This staff is entirely to blame here. Let's stop acting like Sarkisians is some recruiting fucking God as well. Some of us have been doing a lot to make sure he doesn't look as incompetent as he does on the field with regards to talent as well. 

It's just hard to argue with this or anything that @Rickylovesweedhas posted.

A head coach should fire his DC mid-game when that bullshit is happening. We could all see the soft bullshit coverages and the idiotic 3 man rushes, just fucking allowing the guy to do what he wants. It's fucking terrible situational football, which is a major problem for this staff.

Situational football is what decides games. When your HC is constantly getting worked in those situations, he's a fucking idiot.

Sure, we can all hope that Ewers is gonna save the day, but that's just another exercise in kicking the can down the road. Guess the fuck what, people get hurt, and if you can't find a way to beat the Techs and Kansas' of the world without literally all of your best players, you probably aren't gonna have a job long.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We'll go 7-5, if we're lucky.  But we recruit from Texas high schools where some of you played football.  And mainly those recruits will be 4* players.  And we'll expect to compete for Big XII/SEC titles because of that.  But in the end, we'll just hope to be bowl eligible because Texas high school football isn't the panacea y'all make it out to be.  We aren't good at football at UT.  Because Texas football is a fucking mirage.  Get it in your fucking heads.  

Then how do other Texas HS players thrive at other programs? What’s preventing them from thriving at Texas?

Piling on what's been said above, it's one thing to be arguing about calling a bad play or making wrong defensive call, but we are talking about complete game planning with no plans to alter when it's clear it's not going to work (which should have been known already).  

We had ZERO QB hurries on a backup QB who is known to panic and first sign of pressure.

DC has to go since Sark obviously shielded from him currently, someone has to be removed.  Addition by subtraction on our game day coaches.

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe because past performance is no guarantee of future results?

The guys who have past results that do not require context aren't coming here.  Take Brian Kelly, for example (thank God he didn't come).  Or Saban or Meyer.  Anyone not coming from a P5 conference and traditional powerhouse "requires context."  Gundy requires context.

And, I think we're doing way too much "pattern fitting" of Sarkisian to his own past and to Strong's.

At some point, we're going to have to show some patience and let a guy have five years.  The things that ultimately killed Strong and Herman were that recruiting became FUBAR and we're still paying for that.  Sarkisian (plus NIL) recruited well after a disappointing/hideous 5-7 record.

PK got to go, though.

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

A lot to unpack here. Their line play on both sides was better than our line play. Their QB was better than our QB. Simple as that. You can have a quality running back but with no holes to run through what does that make him? We struggle in the 3 most important places on a football field. O-line, D-line, and QB. You are gonna lose a lot of games if you aren't solid there. 

As far as recruiting goes, we are getting the type of guys we need. There is a clear vision we are building to. You can easily get highly ranked recruiting classes that don't actually work for your program. Mack used to do that. Tom Herman did that. That is how you end up with Harris, Muck, and Bobino as your LBs while having Brown, Huff, the Griffs, and Ross in your secondary. The LBs were 3, 6, and 9 in tackles that year. Go back and look at Herman's classes and what we were actually able to use on the field. The 21st class of guys for what you need is better than the 10th class of guys who don't fit your needs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Also @jimmyjazz gatekeeping Texas fandom is really a bad look. It's pretty well known that I didn't graduate from Texas, but had an unorthodox Texas student life during my college aged years. Just because I don't have a piece of paper doesn't mean I can't be involved emotionally, financially and otherwise with Texas sports and UT culture. It's a stupid take and pointlessly an attack on ztejas. 

Yeah i wasnt gonna say anything but accusing other people of being tshirt fans is some aggy ass shit. You don't get to be the #1 college brand by having only fans that went to the school.

Edited by Pam Cummings

7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

You can do all that and not define your enjoyment of Texas by the losses. 2005 is about as relevant to my life and how I live it as 2020 was. Enjoy the wins and shake off the losses, it just doesn't matter in the end.

So you’re saying   In the end it doesn’t even matter? 

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

A lot to unpack here. Their line play on both sides was better than our line play. Their QB was better than our QB. Simple as that. You can have a quality running back but with no holes to run through what does that make him? We struggle in the 3 most important places on a football field. O-line, D-line, and QB. You are gonna lose a lot of games if you aren't solid there. 

As far as recruiting goes, we are getting the type of guys we need. There is a clear vision we are building to. You can easily get highly ranked recruiting classes that don't actually work for your program. Mack used to do that. Tom Herman did that. That is how you end up with Harris, Muck, and Bobino as your LBs while having Brown, Huff, the Griffs, and Ross in your secondary. The LBs were 3, 6, and 9 in tackles that year. Go back and look at Herman's classes and what we were actually able to use on the field. The 21st class of guys for what you need is better than the 10th class of guys who don't fit your needs. 

This isn't true. Our D-Line got penetration 3 on 5. Just not enough for QB pressure. Their QB played like ass and broken plays accounted for more than anything in his performance. The OL wasn't as bad as some of you keep saying it was on Texas side it was fine. Texas didn't get whipped the whole game Texas was up 14 in the 2nd half with a chance to go up 21 and dagger. The coaches let tech stick around and a mind meltingly frustrating edition of fuck around and find out played out in real time in front of everyone's eyes.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

When you run the wildcat with card standing out there you are playing 9 against 11. This only can work if you have a dominating oline.

We do not. It is always going to fail.

It fails because we do nothing but run the same damn concept out of it every time. There's more you can do with the wildcat than run into a brick wall between the tackles every time, especially with an ex QB  running the thing. After running the thing 20 straight times between the tackles you can pretty much guarantee that no defense is looking for a TE down the field. But we aren't either.

I'll continue belaboring this because it's a really big red flag when it comes to scheming from a supposed offensive savant.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

I mean yeah… I still think the “7 win Sark” thing is fucking retarded and cringy. Lambasting a coach for winning 7 games at a winless program is just stupid. What’s even dumber is he won 9 games at Washington & 9 games at sanctioned USC. At some point Texas fans need to stop waiting for a quick one year turn around and let a coach figure shit out

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

It fails because we do nothing but run the same damn concept out of it every time. There's more you can do with the wildcat than run into a brick wall between the tackles every time, especially with an ex QB  running the thing. After running the thing 20 straight times between the tackles you can pretty much guarantee that no defense is looking for a TE down the field. But we aren't either.

I'll continue belaboring this because it's a really big red flag when it comes to scheming from a supposed offensive savant.

Can you run outside the tackles? I feel like we haven't experienced that for a long time now except teams doing it to us.

We haven't moved people with our O-line all year so no idea how he thinks they all of a sudden are going to when defense knows what is coming.

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I mean yeah… I still think the “7 win Sark” thing is fucking retarded and cringy. Lambasting a coach for winning 7 games at a winless program is just stupid. What’s even dumber is he won 9 games at Washington & 9 games at sanctioned USC. At some point Texas fans need to stop waiting for a quick one year turn around and let a coach figure shit out

Worse is now hoping "7 win Steve" actually shows up so we have a winning season.

• Hook 'Em 2

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks