ztejas sucks

ztejas

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

My opinion doesn't mean shit, but if there's any of you that can't see that Card is ridiculously improved over last year I don't know what you're watching.

I'm not saying he's great.  I'm saying he's a hell of a lot better than he was last year.

Card has improved from turd to tard. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2931907-mac-jones-nfl-draft-2021-scouting-report-for-new-england-patriots-qb.amp.html

he’s not a great athlete but he’s a better qb than Hudson card will ever be. Not needing your second read means he hit his first read a fucking shit ton (117 catches for 1800 yards) and that guy won a heisman because of it. Metchie went for 915 yards as the second option lol. 

That guy is pretty good. We don’t have anyone like that guy.  Nor do we have a guy like waddle. Or Jameson Williams. Or Henry Ruggs or metchie either.  All of those guys were drafted in the first with the exception of metchie.  How many of our wideouts will get drafted?

18 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

In what way? 

Proven.  Proven in what way and what is the "level" of proven.  We seem to have very high standards but the results are dismal.  The next coach that wins a game he shouldn't is the next coach we make extremely wealthy.  I love my horns but.......... I'm at a loss. 

18 hours ago, Nivek said:

Bill Snyder did this.  I believe they passed the ball <5 times in a game and just kept running at the same spot and Muschamp could do nothing to stop it.

I remember watching this game.  39-14 and it wasn't even that close (39-0 after 3 quarters).  Kansas State ran for 261 yards on 50 attempts (5.2 ypc) with a long of 34, so that isn't thrown off by one 90 yard run.

Colin Klein's passing numbers: 2/4, 9 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

Garrett Gilbert's passing numbers: 32/59, 272 yards, 1 TD, 5 INT

Service academies would look at Klein's stat line and think you need a bit more balance on offense than that.  Gilbert threw more passes to KSU players than Klein did.  I distinctly remember Texas blocked a PAT then the kicker recovered it and scored for the 2 point conversion, which is the only time I've ever seen that happen at any level of football.  This game felt like a fever dream watching as a neutral third party so I can only imagine how it felt to watch as a Texas fan.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/303102306

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

I remember watching this game.  39-14 and it wasn't even that close (39-0 after 3 quarters).  Kansas State ran for 261 yards on 50 attempts (5.2 ypc) with a long of 34, so that isn't thrown off by one 90 yard run.

Service academies would look at Klein's stat line and think you need a bit more balance on offense than that.  Gilbert threw more passes to KSU players than Klein did.  I distinctly remember Texas blocked a PAT then the kicker recovered it and scored for the 2 point conversion, which is the only time I've ever seen that happen at any level of football.  This game felt like a fever dream watching as a neutral third party so I can only imagine how it felt to watch as a Texas fan.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/303102306

It was both maddening and affirming.  We have constantly seen us go away from plays that were working.  Sometimes plays that work the defenses cannot adjust to, sometimes they do.  But at least wait for them to make the adjustment before you abandon the damn thing.    How did Tech's QB handle a blitz? badly.  Why did we stop?  I don't know. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Proven.  Proven in what way and what is the "level" of proven.  We seem to have very high standards but the results are dismal.  The next coach that wins a game he shouldn't is the next coach we make extremely wealthy.  I love my horns but.......... I'm at a loss. 

Texas hasn’t hired a “proven” coach the last 3 tries. That’s the problem. 

They hired 2 G5 wannabes and then a coach that had no success at the power conference level. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My biggest concern with Sark that is starting to play out before our eyes is we are getting an after the fact upside down look at what Muschamp would have been like as head coach.  It seems like we are going to do offense reall well.  Recruit, design etc once it all comes together.  Defense....eh.  Muschamp went to Florida and did defense pretty well, offense....eh.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Edwin Sarkissian showing us what Sark or PK's (or both) job future will look like if we lose tomorrow.

Dont get yer dick hard just yet.  Sark ain't going nowhere, win or lose.

csb, in thermo class, we had to do the math to figure out how much energy was released when one of those cylinders was compromised.  Regardless of gas type, it's about equivalent to a stick of dynamite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Dont get yer dick hard just yet.  Sark ain't going nowhere, win or lose.

csb, in thermo class, we had to do the math to figure out how much energy was released when one of those cylinders was compromised.  Regardless of gas type, it's about equivalent to a stick of dynamite.

So, P*V, or was it more subtle than that?

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

My biggest concern with Sark that is starting to play out before our eyes is we are getting an after the fact upside down look at what Muschamp would have been like as head coach.  It seems like we are going to do offense reall well.  Recruit, design etc once it all comes together.  Defense....eh.  Muschamp went to Florida and did defense pretty well, offense....eh.  

Offense in the first half anyway 😂

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, P*V, or was it more subtle than that?

Well, ya gotta convert it into energy, so you need a few more terms in there.  I loved Thermo so much that I took it twice (neither class was the same).  But frankly, it was a million light beers ago, so it's all piss to me now.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:20 PM, ztejas said:

I don't give a shit. Permaban me. 

That's the most unacceptable fucking loss I've ever fucking seen from this football team.

Find the right guy. I don't know who it is but it isn't this chode. Losing the fanbase 4 fucking games into your 2nd season has to be some sort of record. 

That's the most embarrassing fucking loss I've ever seen in my God damn life. 

This guy seems like he sucks^

I hate when I start a thread wayyyyy too blasted and it somehow persists on the front page throughout the entire week. Especially when it's a bunch of shit I don't even agree with. 

We'll be okay. Let's get a W tomorrow. I was looking at some past seasons, and the season that a lot of folks identified as potentially being similar to this one - 1998 -started with Texas beating NMSU at home then losing a fairly close contest on the road to a top 10 UCLA team (what a world) then getting absolutely fucking ass-blasted by a top 10 KSt team in Manhattan, 48-7. 

The only other loss that Texas team suffered was by 7 points in Lubbock coming in as the 18th ranked team in the country (sound familiar?).

They finished 9-3 - with some close wins along the way including 26-24 over aggy. 

I'd say - so far - there's no reason the 2022 Horns can't do what that team did. 

That said - I think tomorrow is going to tell us a lot about whether Sark really can be the guy going forward. 

Hook 'em you buncha cocksuckers - not sure how you put up with me. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I hate when I start a thread wayyyyy too blasted and it somehow persists on the front page throughout the entire week. Especially when it's a bunch of shit I don't even agree with. 

We'll be okay. Let's get a W tomorrow. I was looking at some past seasons, and the season that a lot of folks identified as potentially being similar to this one - 1998 -started with Texas beating NMSU at home then losing a fairly close contest on the road to a top 10 UCLA team (what a world) then getting absolutely fucking ass-blasted by a top 10 KSt team in Manhattan, 48-7. 

The only other loss that Texas team suffered was by 7 points in Lubbock coming in as the 18th ranked team in the country (sound familiar?).

They finished 9-3 - with some close wins along the way including 26-24 over aggy. 

I'd say - so far - there's no reason the 2022 Horns can't do what that team did. 

That said - I think tomorrow is going to tell us a lot about whether Sark really can be the guy going forward. 

Positive vibes only 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/25/2022 at 7:49 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

Coaches like Sark are the reasons conspiracies exist in this world. Because nothing else makes any sense at all. This fucking guy opens up with a scheme every game that works. He gets players in space. Gets our guys on the edge since the middle is stuffed harder than SA’s mom. He gets our WRs and TE’s where they belong and we roll.  Then he scratches his ass sniffs his finger and we never go back to any of that ever.  Fucking Bijan on the edge gets 6 yards a clip. Then proceeds to run up the fucking guy for 1 yard repeatedly because maybe just maybe we will get 3 yards.   Doesn’t throw a screen the whole game. Says fuck you sanders no more passes. Oh and let me go deep with 40 yard bombs because that hasn’t worked in 3 fucking years but it will now.   Im

fully convinced this mother fucker has gambling on football and is doing this shit on purpose. My fucking 12 year old daughter could tell you this dudes Austism shows up at half time 

Well, here's the thing.  When you have a normally functioning offense, you scheme up something that plays to its strength and the defense's weaknesses, build a lead, and then when the defense adjusts, if it adjusts, you rely on its normal function to finish out the game.

We don't have a fully normally functioning offense most of the time between the limited QB, OL, and WR.  So the schemes have maximized what that gimpy offense can do against a given defense.  When the defense adjusts, the offense has to revert to its normal, gimpy self and everything goes to shit.  Add in last year's healthy dose of bitchass and it's even worse.

When your offense is easily made one-dimensional, as is ours for the last couple of years, it's got to be extraordinarily difficult to gameplan a "Plan A" that works tremendously, and then a "Plan B" for when Plan A stops working that is just as effective.  Then you throw in the marginally effective defense and fugeddaboutit.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m not even sure Tech adjusted to our offense. The diamond RB formation that got K Robinson wide open? Never used it again. Because it’s written law somewhere that if you use something and it works, you definitely cannot use it again. 

That law does not apply to our opponents who will abuse us with the same play and formation over and over. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/29/2022 at 6:37 PM, Augustus said:

I've always wondered...

If the script works really well on the early possessions, why not just run the script again?

Well, as I said in the previous post, I think it's because the defenses adjust to it. take away what's working, and then we have to scheme more conventionally with an impaired offense to finish out the game.

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m not even sure Tech adjusted to our offense. The diamond RB formation that got K Robinson wide open? Never used it again. Because it’s written law somewhere that if you use something and it works, you definitely cannot use it again. 

That law does not apply to our opponents who will abuse us with the same play and formation over and over. 

I was speaking in the more general case of games last year where we started with what seemed to be an excellent and effective offensive game plan that sputtered around halftime, namely the OU game, and all that was left was reversion to the offensive mean and the defense "defensing."

Also, I rewatched that play just now and although KRob was wildly open, between the throw being a tad off and maybe KRob not being the most adept receiver, it almost didn't work.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, here's the thing.  When you have a normally functioning offense, you scheme up something that plays to its strength and the defense's weaknesses, build a lead, and then when the defense adjusts, if it adjusts, you rely on its normal function to finish out the game.

We don't have a fully normally functioning offense most of the time between the limited QB, OL, and WR.  So the schemes have maximized what that gimpy offense can do against a given defense.  When the defense adjusts, the offense has to revert to its normal, gimpy self and everything goes to shit.  Add in last year's healthy dose of bitchass and it's even worse.

When your offense is easily made one-dimensional, as is ours for the last couple of years, it's got to be extraordinarily difficult to gameplan a "Plan A" that works tremendously, and then a "Plan B" for when Plan A stops working that is just as effective.  Then you throw in the marginally effective defense and fugeddaboutit.

For 10 years, tho?

I don’t think a win tells you anything except that the wheels haven’t absolutely come off as of October 1. Not exactly a high bar, but it gives you the chance to go up to Dallas and actually change the trajectory.

A loss, and the season is all but over.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:19 PM, Trojan Man said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/303102306/

It was a disgusting game. I still have a bad feeling about it. I hope it was temporary, otherwise the team needs a change.

regarding Kiffin, he may be a good coach but I wouldn't use "10 win" seasons to justify that.  Look at his out of conference schedule this year.  it's just not comparable to the way UT schedules so season win totals are not informative.

Probably should use conference or P5 record.  It still might look good but I bet it's much less impressive.

35-27 win over Tulsa in Oxford.  Hmmm.

Great win over Kentucky for sure.

image.thumb.png.16822cbbca425db60371fdca02146c4f.png

Edited by burdine

35 minutes ago, burdine said:

regarding Kiffin, he may be a good coach but I wouldn't use "10 win" seasons to justify that.  Look at his out of conference schedule this year.  it's just not comparable to the way UT schedules so season win totals are not informative.

Probably should use conference or P5 record.  It still might look good but I bet it's much less impressive.

35-27 win over Tulsa in Oxford.  Hmmm.

Great win over Kentucky for sure.

image.thumb.png.16822cbbca425db60371fdca02146c4f.png

I mentioned this a few weeks back in regards to Kiffin. He could close his eyes and win 9 games with that schedule.

Also, was Kentucky really a top 10 team? That game was somewhat ugly for a supposed matchup between two top 15 teams.

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I mentioned this a few weeks back in regards to Kiffin. He could close his eyes and win 9 games with that schedule.

Also, was Kentucky really a top 10 team? That game was somewhat ugly for a supposed matchup between two top 15 teams.

Sometimes you gotta win ugly. It’s still a W on the schedule 

ztejas, who is not even a real horn, with no actual personal or family connection to the 40, was permitted to start this bitchfest thread, with a specious argument about level of "not our standard"

so when the reverse thread title was started this afternoon for today's result, he started his own thread attempting to suppress the appropriately titled thread about the fact that today's result, is indeed our standard

so, mods, will you let his new 49-0 thread stand in the face of the incontrovertible evidence of bitchassedness displayed by starting this thread?

again, for avoidance of doubt, ztejas does not have any personal or family connection to the 40

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks