ztejas sucks

ztejas

3 coaches post Mack.  All shitting the bed routinely losing to less talented teams in conference.  At what point do we consider its not the coaches but something else?  We have just missed on three straight hires when we have more above board money to spend than pretty much anyone?  What the fuck?  Something else is going on.

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
59 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:
Quinn Ewers

I mean is he ever going to actually play? Sat out his senior year of high school. Sat at Ohio St last year. Comes here and plays 5 quarters and some change. Can he overcome this shitty coaching and defense every week?

You dipshit.  His "senior year of high school" and "Ohio St last year" are the same thing.  Stick to fucking disgusting sweathogs, and leave the football discussion to the rest of us. 

And I just stumbled across a video of you on a romantic date with one of your girlfriends

Guys like matt rhule, bill clark (he retired due to back problems), PJ Fleck  are the types of guys that make good HC's and those are the only types of dudes that we should be looking at.

They all had proven track records of turning around lesser FBS programs - to great heights. conference titles, best run in recent history, before getting a shot at a P5 school.

Getting a mediocre retread like sark isn't the answer and rarely has been.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

3 coaches post Mack.  All shitting the bed routinely losing to less talented teams in conference.  At what point do we consider its not the coaches but something else?  We have just missed on three straight hires when we have more above board money to spend than pretty much anyone?  What the fuck?  Something else is going on.

Nope. It's just missing on coaches. That's all it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

He and Cristobal are both coordinators that somehow by weird fate ended up in roles they never deserved

This makes me sick but it's a good comparison. 

Cristobal is a good OL coach and Sark is a good OC. Both are very good recruiters. Somehow both find ways to be mediocre head coaches with terrible game management. 

Just now, redswingline said:

Guys like matt rhule, bill clark (he retired due to back problems), PJ Fleck  are the types of guys that make good HC's and those are the only types of dudes that we should be looking at.

They all had proven track records of turning around lesser FBS programs - to great heights. conference titles, best run in recent history, before getting a shot at a P5 school.

Getting a mediocre retread like sark isn't the answer and rarely has been.

Rhule is better than Sark but way overrated. It sucks to see Oklahoma and Baylor continuously hit home run hires while we strike out every time 

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sark is an offensive savant but we still can't figure out that the wildcat is simply more than Johnson taking the snap, and running into the pile, over and over and over, with the same shit.

You can hand it off. Even more, the guy is an ex QB.  After running him into the line 18 straight times I'm guessing the defense wouldn't really be ready for a TE running free for a throw. 

Jesus.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sark is an offensive savant but we still can't figure out that the wildcat is simply more than Johnson taking the snap, and running into the pile, over and over and over, with the same shit.

You can hand it off. Even more, the guy is an ex QB.  After running him into the line 18 straight times I'm guessing the defense wouldn't really be ready for a TE running free for a throw. 

Jesus.

Sure, Ohio State has massive talent. But, watching some of their game today, it’s glaringly obvious Sark doesn’t have more than a few pages in his play book. 
that wildcat package is so predictable. It works solely out of a good block and having phenomenal Rb talent. But, you’re right, after a dozen of the same plays, the only decision a defense has to make is tackling on the left or right A gap 

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Jesus.

If you're a defense, you're just praying that Texas lines up in the wildcat because you already practiced for it all week and it's run the same way every time.  Just bring all the defenders at Roschon and Bijan and you're golden, because Sark seems unwilling to do anything else out of that formation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, turtlepond said:

Sure, Ohio State has massive talent. But, watching some of their game today, it’s glaringly obvious Sark doesn’t have more than a few pages in his play book. 
that wildcat package is so predictable. It works solely out of a good block and having phenomenal Rb talent. But, you’re right, after a dozen of the same plays, the only decision a defense has to make is tackling on the left or right A gap 

It's fucking pathetic. And, again, it's not like we have an offensive tackle taking the snap. The guy is an ex QB who can throw. There is no better scenario in the wildcat yet we somehow insist on only running into a wall. On every play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

oh bullshit.  It's the same playbook he had at Alabama when he steamrolled everybody.   He doesn't have the talent.  This is mostly Tom fucking Herman's team. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hozz said:

2 were bad hires. 

The only hire that might have been a good hire (on paper) was Herman. Most Texas fans even knew the Sark hire sucked. Same with Strong. 

I don't give a shit. Permaban me. 
That's the most unacceptable fucking loss I've ever fucking seen from this football team.
Find the right guy. I don't know who it is but it isn't this chode. Losing the fanbase 4 fucking games into your 2nd season has to be some sort of record. 
That's the most embarrassing fucking loss I've ever seen in my God damn life. 

Oh come on. Texas blew a bigger, later second half lead with a higher in game win probability against fucking OU just last year. Texas lost to Kansas - and not this year’s Kansas - at home last year. This is, at worst, the third most embarrassing loss in this program’s past 11 games, let alone your life. And that’s to say nothing about Baylor, OSU, or getting absolutely trucked in Fayettenam.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Oh come on. Texas blew a bigger, later second half lead with a higher in game win probability against fucking OU just last year. Texas lost to Kansas - and not this year’s Kansas - at home last year. This is, at worst, the third most embarrassing loss in this program’s past 11 games, let alone your life. And that’s to say nothing about Baylor, OSU, or getting absolutely trucked in Fayettenam.

That was year 1. This is year 2. This is way worse. We should be much better and we aren't. 

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

oh bullshit.  It's the same playbook he had at Alabama when he steamrolled everybody.   He doesn't have the talent.  This is mostly Tom fucking Herman's team. 

How many times did Alabama run the same play (wildcat, draw, whatever) if it only produced noticeable gain (5+ yards) once every 8-12 attempts?

Even if it’s still “Tom Herman’s team”, it doesn’t explain why Bijan only had one pass attempted to him. 

Sarkisian is supposed to be an offensive savant, but he seems very easy to gameplan for, going back to most of last year 

I’ve been drinking but I think I’m more sober than some of the shit I’m reading.
The overreaction to the positives in the Alabama performance are inverse to the negative overreactions here.
It’s a work in progress. Nobody can turn the shitshow that was the Strong and Herman tenure around like a dime. Going to Lubbock will always be a fight, so put it in perspective.
That said fire PK.

We’ll be adding Sark to this and reposting in three years after we lose to South Carolina or something to open conference play
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Calling Rhule way overrated while saying Baylor consistently hits home run hires in the same post is a take.

Both can be true buddy. It was a home run hire for Baylor bc of what he did for them but when he gets the boot from Carolina and returns to college it’ll show that he was average most seasons 

• immamac changed the title to Steve Sarkisians loss to Texas Tech is not our standard.
1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Texas season is sinking fast.

No one on this board wants to talk about it but this season is about to get ugly even with Ewers. The OL is trash, the DL gets no push, receivers drop balls, the secondary leaves guys open all day. We can’t tackle, this team isn’t good. We’ve beat Louisiana Monroe and UTSA who had walk ons playing OL. 6 wins will be difficult, have you seen Kansas 

24 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sark is an offensive savant

Perhaps you meant idiot savant?  Here is how sark's offenses ranked (PPG) each season from his last two head coaching stops.

2009   48th
2010    86th
2011    19th
2012    91st
2013    21st

2014    25th
2015    41st*

*fired after 5 games for having extra chromosome

Edited by redswingline

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Sadly idk if this one even cracks top 10 embarrassing losses to me in the past 10 years when you count the BYU, Maryland, and Kansas losses along with the 2015 Texas Bowl, 2016 Notre Dame, and I’m sure a few others.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't give a shit. Permaban me. 

That's the most unacceptable fucking loss I've ever fucking seen from this football team.

Find the right guy. I don't know who it is but it isn't this chode. Losing the fanbase 4 fucking games into your 2nd season has to be some sort of record. 

That's the most embarrassing fucking loss I've ever seen in my God damn life. 

KI in Lawrence that sealed Charlie’s fate says hold my beer

4 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

At what point is a program problem vs just a hiring HC problem?

Whoever made the final call on Sark shouldn’t have a fucking job. This guy is a proven loser that had fucking talent galore on Bama and we go with him?? I understand Meyer said no and Brian Kelly said no but man being the university of Texas should still mean something to college football

Edited by DoubleQuarterPounder
  • Like 1

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks