ztejas sucks

ztejas

4 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

He has more than enough talent to beat Tech.

Good point. Saying it’s a lack of talent means you have to believe that Texas has less talent than NC fucking State….

im going out on a limb and guessing that NCSt hasn’t had a higher 5 year avg recruiting class than Texas has 

1 minute ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Whoever made the final call on Sark shouldn’t have a fucking job. This guy is a proven loser that had fucking talent galore on Bama and we go with him?? I understand Meyer said no and Brian Kelly said no but man being the university of Texas should still mean something to college football

Who did make the final call?

• Hook 'Em 1

You fucking cunts.  This team was 1 Quinn Ewers and 1 healthy X Worthy away from a 3 TD win today.    Next year, should we need a backup QB, we will turn to the best freshman QB in all of football.  
It's year 2.  Chill the fuck out. 

But coaches in year 1 and year 2 are looking better overall. Explain that. Most of us were not excited when Sark was hired and despite the injuries, we have more than enough talent to beat this Tech team that’ll end up losing 6 games.

That said, if we get blown out by OU with a healthy Ewers, then change this into the “Fire Sark” thread.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Gary would NEVER make it as HC at UT. He has to be in total control. No one can tell him what to do. He would not want to have anything to do with the boosters. He hates the portal and NIL. Does this describe the guy you need?

Look as a Frog, I have tremendous respect for GP. He did so much for TCU; we will always be indebted to him. But the game has passed him by. He has his perfect job as defense analyst. He doesn't have to deal with any of the BS above; he can just focus on defense. The perfect setup for GP. Only if he has the "head coach bug" would he try it again, and I have no idea where he stands on that issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I feel like I watched a completely different game.

He doesn’t control the OL nor the play calling nor the hands of the receivers nor the defense giving up. I’m the last guy to take his side trust me but this week it’s pathetic to use the “if Ewers starts” bullshit again 

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

But coaches in year 1 and year 2 are looking better overall. Explain that. Most of us were not excited when Sark was hired and despite the injuries, 

It's not just injuries.  I can't remember the class -- I think it was 2018 -- where Sark was able to play ONE guy.  ONE.  That kind of attrition, whether it's injury, suckage, transfer, or whatever, is really hard to overcome.

Decent starter talent at say 13 of 22 positions backed up by bullshit is a recipe for disaster, but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Ewers looked great against Bama until he got hurt but the hyperbole about what he will mean to this team when he comes back is way overblown. We have a lot of issues that he won’t cover up. On the field and the sidelines. 

the team has no confidence in Card, it seemed to have supreme confidence in Ewers, we'll see.

1 hour ago, TriStone said:

And that's the worst part.  I long ago gave up hope for us ever being elite again, but I don't think simply being competitive in this dogshit conference is too much to ask.

We’ve won 2 conference championships since 1996. 

26 fucking years and counting. I long for the days of winning streaks longer than that. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Explain what? Do you need me to explain to you that we've been a laughing stock for 13 fucking seasons now? Do you need me to explain to you that a loss on the road against Tech when we clearly have the better team does nothing but further diminish that image? 

Why don't you explain some shit to me. Explain what we have to look forward to as Texas football fans. Explain why I should believe that we're going to do anything but be a mediocre sack of dog shit again for the next 5 seasons. 

Then leave, no one's asking you to stick around. If something makes you miserable then eliminate it from your life

There are only 2 possibles:

1. Sark is a idiot

2.  Sark is not an idiot but is employing the ‘Princess Bride’ logic of opposite coaching because “thats what they would think I would do” and thus coaching like an idiot.

Is it really that difficult to see that certain plays are working and others are not and thus call more plays that are working?  I feel like a 10yr old could do that.  Why can’t a group of grown ass men who have dedicated their entire lives to this profession do that?  Are they just outthinking themselves into being complete dumbasses?  Perhaps we need  a dumb head coach who consistently makes the wrong read but tries to outsmart the opponent by doing the opposite and thus inadvertently makes the correct read.

Edited by Horn Dog

54 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Sadly idk if this one even cracks top 10 embarrassing losses to me in the past 10 years when you count the BYU, Maryland, and Kansas losses along with the 2015 Texas Bowl, 2016 Notre Dame, and I’m sure a few others.

Charlie’s Arkansas bowl where we had like 60 total yards of offense. 

"We review...
all the fears and anxiety
...which are so
inherently symptomatic...
...of a losing team.
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it...
..."What is losing?"

Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as bubonic plague...
... attacking one... 
... but infecting all. 
Ah, but curable.

Now, I want you to imagine...
...you are on a ship at sea...
...on a vast...
...calm ocean...
...gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking." 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Probably a broken record at this point, but why tf don’t our WRs get separation? I watch other games, it seems like the land thieves get a score or two every game just by WRs beating less talented dbs. Our guys seemingly never get separation 

What difference does it make when the QB can’t see them or even if he can he can’t hit an open player more than 10 yards away?   

16 minutes ago, Otter said:

Sark lost to a former High School coach in his 4th(!) game as a college head football coach. Fourth.

Someone please tell me this is all just a bad dream.

Sark is already stacking up bad losses. WV, Iowa State, and Kansas all finished around .500 or worse last year. Same with Tech this year. That's already 4 losses to .500 or worse teams in year 2. 

It's why I've never been a believer in needing time to win. It was obvious after year 2 that Strong needed to be fired and the same will likely be true of Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I have absolutely zero room to talk, but...

high quality GIF

Not even remotely close. 

3 hours ago, veritas aequitas said:

Fire the head coach and the DC then promote Patterson to HC.

Nope. 

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks