ztejas sucks

ztejas

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Aren't you an SMU guy? 

Our DBs lack ball skills, but leaving them out to dry would work better than this death by a thousand cuts thing. Our guys were missing tackles and getting ran over on others like last year too. Brought their hats and left the cattle.

PK should have dialed up more pressure and lived with it. Sark needs to make a move there ASAP. 

This is similar to the Charlie Strong "new offense" under Shawn Watson. Same old shit for the most part. Guys aren't playing close coverage consistently and the DL isn't getting much pressure either.

Yep. He needs to dispatch with PK pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean seriously y'all are fucking children. 

"Hey Surly - I know we suck but it's okay because I don't like ztejas as a poster so that means our football team is actually going to be good!"

Get a grip. 

You need to log off for the night. 

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I can't. I can't eliminate it. 

Honest question -- why not?  What is your connection with UT?  

I mean, I have paper on the wall.  You apparently don't, yet you're irrationally involved in the game in game out results to the point where you're miserable.

I hit Austin in 1982.  I've seen it all.  One game is nothing.  A few games are nothing.  People wanted to fire Mack Brown by the end of the 1999 season, and frankly, for several seasons after that.  It worked out, at least for the better part of a decade.  You have no idea where this is going.  The information just isn't there.  What information we do have is largely muddled and to some degree self-contradictory.  I know that's frustrating, but it isn't smart to ignore any good just to focus on the bad and say "see, it's hopeless".  That's just bad logic.  Go for it, I guess, but don't be surprised when people call it for what it is, which is irrational.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

With an actual qb he beats both Tech and Bama. 

Go back to texags.

Bama was there for the taking anyway and they didn’t get it done. They had a two TD second half lead on, at best, the eighth best team On the nine game conference schedule, and took a L. With a backup QB he had Tech beat and blew it in no small part because he could not or would not adapt his play calling to fit the players he had available.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I mean, I have paper on the wall.  You apparently don't, yet you're irrationally involved in the game in game out results to the point where you're miserable.

I hit Austin in 1982.  I've seen it all.  One game is nothing.  A few games are nothing.  People wanted to fire Mack Brown by the end of the 1999 season, and frankly, for several seasons after that.  It worked out, at least for the better part of a decade.  You have no idea where this is going.  The information just isn't there.  What information we do have is largely muddled and to some degree self-contradictory.  I know that's frustrating, but it isn't smart to ignore any good just to focus on the bad and say "see, it's hopeless".  That's just bad logic.  Go for it, I guess, but don't be surprised when people call it for what it is, which is irrational.

You're really making an asshole out of yourself at this point. I never said anything personal about anyone here. You keep attacking me personally. I don't give a shit what you have to say about me - I don't know you. You seem lost on that point. 

I bleed Texas football. I have for a long time since before I met you and I will for a long time going forward from now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ztejas might be melting a bit but you don't think there's enough information? 

Sark is on track to lose at least 4 games in all 8 seasons as a head coach. Sark is now 7-9 at Texas with 4 losses to .500 (or worse) teams. There's plenty of information to suggest Sark isn't going to work here. 

The same was true of Strong and then we had a lame duck coach in year 3. I was negged into oblivion for suggesting Strong should have been fired after year 2 but the outlook is very similar with Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Hudson card fucking sucks, he sucks at knowing when to run, he sucks at finding a second option, his pocket awareness is horribad, he can’t hit a deep ball to save his life, and he loves to wait just a second longer than he should to hit an open man. Thanks to how much shit we have sucked through a straw he appears to be our only option while the Mullet Savior is healing. There are posters on here who could get first downs in sarks offense, and that ain’t hyperbole. If Ewers doesn’t come back and stay healthy then we are mega fucked and I mean like prolapse party fucked. Max johnson and Adrian Martinez are better than Hudson card ffs. 

howtofeel.gif.53d7e46d29da652f51f3fdc8e8aee7a6.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

You're really making an asshole out of yourself at this point. I never said anything personal about anyone here. You keep attacking me personally. I don't give a shit what you have to say about me - I don't know you. You seem lost on that point. 

I bleed Texas football. I have for a long time since before I met you and I will for a long time going forward from now. 

How in the blue hell is what I asked a personal attack?  I just don't understand why you're so obsessed with the football team of a school you didn't attend.  It's not an attack.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I feel bad for these poor guys pouring money into our NIL deals, man they’re getting fleeced. 

Are you for real? I’ve seen your other stupid posts but this one is quite impressive.

Edited by Mach 1
Fat fingers
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How in the blue hell is what I asked a personal attack?  I just don't understand why you're so obsessed with the football team of a school you didn't attend.  It's not an attack.

Most CFB fans choose teams for reasons other than the academic institution it represents. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, I don't think that's a complete read on the situation.  For starters, Sark showed slow but steady progress at UDub, and that was starting with an 0-12 program the year before he got there.  His own demons definitely got in the way at USC, and I certainly wouldn't have blamed the UT powers that be for saying "nope" on hiring him for that reason alone.  He did a pretty damn good job everywhere after that.  At Texas, the cupboard -- particularly the juniors and redshirt juniors, who are supposed to be your backbone -- fucking sucked.  I mean, ONE guy out of an entire class contributed (by my recollection)?  Come on.  That's brutal.  

I see Texas play the consensus #1 team in the country to essentially a standstill and I take that and weigh it against losing to a marginal top 40 team after our All-American RB fumbles in OT and I don't know what to think, but I damn sure don't just throw up my hands and say "burn it all down".  I say "I need more information". 

There are a lot of variables that have made things difficult. 

But Sark is 7-9 at Texas with what I consider 4 bad losses. I'm seeing the same excuse making that posters made with Strong. I'm not asking Sark to be good just slightly above average to buy more time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've dated enough women to know when they are having a melt down, give up trying to understand it, or help them understand where you are coming from.

It's hormones, its emotion. It's that time of the month. He's having a fan melt down. don't expect to make sense of it.

Edited by redswingline

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

In 2021, Sam Pittman went 9-4 in year 2 at Arky and Dave Aranda went 12-2 in year 2 at Baylor. Sark lost to them both, in addition to Lance Leipold in year 1 at Kansas who is currently 4-0 in year 2. This year, McGuire is 3-1 in year 1 at Tech and Sark lost to him as well.

Not only has Sark lost to every year 1 and year 2 coach he's faced, they are all on a better trajectory in their second year than Sark currently is. That's impressively bad. So far Sark has just three wins over P5 teams, and two of them fired their head coaches after losing to Sark. The evidence just keeps piling up.

The evidence is clear as day like it was with Strong. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Sure.  I grew up rooting for Mizzou.  I went to UT.  We played Mizzou my first game on campus.  I had no problem rooting against Mizzou.

So, no, I'm not fucking clueless, I'm just not an irrational t-shirt fan.

I grew up bleeding for Texas. I still bleed for Texas. I'll always bleed for Texas. Go fuck yourself and quit characterizing someone that you don't know. You've been a total fucking dick tonight. Fuck you. 

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it's a little less clear given the QB situation but we have 3 successive HC's that have put up shitty D's and DC's.  we've had 3 good D's in the last 13 years.

I believe it's even more clear with Sark. 

At least the Strong supporters had the argument that Strong went 12-1 and 11-2 prior to Texas which justified a longer leash. Sark has never produced a season like that. There's years of information available that indicates Sark's ceiling is likely 8-4. 

It was stupid to bring Strong back for a year 3 and it would be even dumber with Sark if Texas finishes around .500. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

I just wanna know when we’re gonna stop playing pussy ball on defense? Why do we keep giving teams 10 yd cushion? Bend don’t break bullshit should not happen at Texas with 4 & 5 stars. That’s shit the Kansas, Iowa St, TCU, etc of CFB have to do. Why are we such a soft as baby shit program?

Pac 12 DC out front shoulda told ya.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I just wanna know when we’re gonna stop playing pussy ball on defense? Why do we keep giving teams 10 yd cushion? Bend don’t break bullshit should not happen at Texas with 4 & 5 stars. That’s shit the Kansas, Iowa St, TCU, etc of CFB have to do. Why are we such a soft as baby shit program?

Because we continue to hire DC's like Orlando and PK that want DL to occupy blockers, play soft coverage, or blitz from 20 yards away (TO).

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, satyanash said:

In 2021, Sam Pittman went 9-4 in year 2 at Arky and Dave Aranda went 12-2 in year 2 at Baylor. Sark lost to them both, in addition to Lance Leipold in year 1 at Kansas who is currently 4-0 in year 2. This year, McGuire is 3-1 in year 1 at Tech and Sark lost to him as well.

Not only has Sark lost to every year 1 and year 2 coach he's faced, they are all on a better trajectory in their second year than Sark currently is. That's impressively bad. So far Sark has just three wins over P5 teams, and two of them fired their head coaches after losing to Sark. The evidence just keeps piling up.

Look at you finding the silver lining.  Look, I’m not a sunshine pumper, but you are an insufferable bitch!

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks