30 and 16

TexArcher

Fuck, I forgot about Card's 3 runs, which I'm pretty sure were all busted drop-backs.

So, we put the game in our backup quarterback's hands 33 times and we put the game in our Heisman candidate RB's hands 16 times.

And oh, by the way, we were missing our #1 receiver on a lot of those pass plays, too!

Fucking asinine bullshit.

Rage.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Fuck, I forgot about Card's 3 runs, which I'm pretty sure were all busted drop-backs.

So, we put the game in our backup quarterback's hands 33 times and we put the game in our Heisman candidate RB's hands 16 times.

And oh, by the way, we were missing our #1 receiver on a lot of those pass plays, too!

Fucking asinine bullshit.

Rage.

All comes down to coaching to your strengths. Sark is just calling his offense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Running that idiotic Wildcat on 4th and 3 is where the game turned.  I still can’t get over that call

It's not running this formation, at all. It's continuing to run the same fucking thing, Johnson into a wall, out of this formation.

After running into the line 20 times in a row in this formation it's pretty much guaranteed that a TE can run free down the field for a throw.

If nothing else this is why Sarkisian should be absolutely skewered for not seeing that.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's not running this formation, at all. It's continuing to run the same fucking thing, Johnson into a wall, out of this formation.

After running into the line 20 times in a row in this formation it's pretty much guaranteed that a TE can run free down the field for a throw.

If nothing else this is why Sarkisian should be absolutely skewered for not seeing that.

Like the Greg Davis goal line play were Lokey would do a little motion then just chop his feet while waiting for that dive up the middle. Every damn time.

Sark has strong Mackovician tendencies as a coach. Brilliant on offense at times, yet rigidly inflexible and committed to his system, to the point of sheer incompetence and stupidity at times.  Not capable of hiring and overseeing good defensive coaches.  

Sark is just not a very good head coach, which is obvious from his record, even before he got here.  What's been more surprising to me is how good he is at scheming, but how bad he is at calling the game as it unfolds organically.  The whole staff sucks at adjustments and counter punching in real time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Sark has strong Mackovician tendencies as a coach. Brilliant on offense at times, yet rigidly inflexible and committed to his system, to the point of sheer incompetence and stupidity at times. 

If Sark is that stubborn and fixed on his system, was his hire of coach Marion all for naught?  I assumed the two would be working together to incorporate Rojo and Bijan in the Go-Go, and not some weakcat on 4th down.

5 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

That, and for running the wildcat with a prior QB but not throwing from the formation at least once or twice a game so the opposing defense at least has to think about a pass out of that formation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gravy Train said:

If Sark is that stubborn and fixed on his system, was his hire of coach Marion all for naught?  I assumed the two would be working together to incorporate Rojo and Bijan in the Go-Go, and not some weakcat on 4th down.

Coaching changes don't fix anything when the head coach is the problem. 

Under Strong and Herman, they tried staff shake ups and the end result was the same. That's probably where Texas is headed. The defensive staff will be gutted and Sark will get another year to prove himself. I've seen this script before. 

• Like 1

Sark can be a great OC under elite head coaches like Saban or Caroll. I think he needs guidance on in-game adjustments. The two low percentage deep balls after taking over on downs near our EZ were idiotic play calls. Why not call some underneath passes to try and sustain the drive? How many deep passes has Card ever connected on? When you absolutely have to have a long drive, that's what you call two times in a row?

I doubt he will ever be a good head coach. If he was going to be one he would have shown some flashes already during his last few stints.

When Ewers get back, I expect things to improve drastically however, as a great QB can mask a lot of flaws in the team and inspire the whole team, but I doubt we compete for a playoff spot or win the conference under Sark.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1