Show me a third W on this schedule

Lucid

That’s right. There’s no difference between Hudson ducking card and a guy going on day one of the draft. Y’all are fucking nuts. 

I think there’s a lot of frustration today because Card did more than enough to win, and showed to be capable in ways that Sark was not willing to utilize; or worse, just too dumb to see. This game was lost by both Sark and PK with their calls.

Agree that Ewers is better suited for what Sark is stubbornly sticking with. Texas can beat OU with Ewers. OU isn’t special and having the better QB goes a long way. Unfortunately when you drop a game to one of the two worst opponents on your conference schedule, the possibility of competing for anything beyond that pretty much evaporates.

What is happening with this loss - and the way it happened in particular, because if it was just Card shitting the bed Arkansas style you can almost live with that by rationalizing that Sark was handicapped by a bad QB - is the majority of this board finally grasping that this program just isn’t going to compete for hardware with Sark running the show. The consistency just won’t be there.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I think we win 7/8 games and maybe 9 if he were to fire PK and let one of the homeless people in Austin call defensive plays.   We can beat anyone left on the schedule (and most of those teams could beat us also) so i figure we beat WV, OU because we are do, ISU, TCU, split with the Kansas schools and maybe beat Baylor at the end of the year.  

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

We're deranged from years of gut punches, but not yet resigned.

We beat West Virginia next week I think. I want to see us with Ewers back and see if that makes a difference. Also it would be cool to see progress as a season goes on. That is supposed to happen to some teams right?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

It’s kinda like when there is a group of people visiting at someone’s home and there is the smell of dog shit whiffing around in the air but nobody wants to look at their shoes to see if they stepped in it.

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

It’s kinda like when there is a group of people visiting at someone’s home and there is the smell of dog shit whiffing around in the air but nobody wants to look at their shoes to see if they stepped in it.

So in your analogy the dog shit is our football program, right?

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Now explain the defense.

Offense's job is to help the defense. If you cannot stay on the field that's more attempts the opposition has against your D. It was 24 -14 and the offense shit the bed the rest of the way. They ran 100 plays to our 60. 100 mother fuckin plays bro. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Offense's job is to help the defense. If you cannot stay on the field that's more attempts the opposition has against your D. It was 24 -14 and the offense shit the bed the rest of the way. They ran 100 plays to our 60. 100 mother fuckin plays bro. 

A lot of those plays were in the first half starting with the first two drives where the defense couldn’t get off the field.  The offense had nothing to do with that.  Not saying the offense didn’t hurt them some at the end but the D sucked from the second they got of the bus today.  

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Play caller's job is to help the offense help the defense.

• Like 1

The "100 plays" stat is not all on the offense for fuck's sake. The score was 31-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr.  We also had at least 1 quick TD drive. Maybe more. I don't feel like looking at the box score.

The defense also has to help itself by getting off the fucking field. Opposing offense is going to run a lot of plays when your defense can't get off the field, gives up long sustained drives all day, and allows six 4th down conversions. 

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1

Just now, CurlyDumps said:

The "100 plays" stat is not all on the offense for fuck's sake. The score was 31-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr.  We also had at least 1 quick TD drive. Maybe more. I don't feel like looking at the box score.

The defense also has to help itself by getting off the fucking field. Offense is going to run a lot of plays when your defense can't get off the field, gives up long sustained drives all day, and allows six 4th down conversions. 

You aren't wrong but it was 100 plays to 60. That's a huge disparity. 

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Honetly this all came down to the guy calling the plays for the defense not seeing the obvious which was that pressure on the QB every single fucking play was the way to go.

Yea they probably burn us once with that but not more than that and probably get a turnover mixed in at some point.

This is why you are not a highly paid Defensive coordinator.   Apparently it is better to rush 3 and drop 8 and tell those 8 to run around in circles and make sure they don’t go near anybody with a Texas Tech uniform on until the pass is completed.

• Like 1