Show me a third W on this schedule

Lucid

26 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, was that Ewers out there wearing Card's jersey on Saturday?

2nd half's what?

Where did I say card couldn’t win a game for us?  Ewers is better and we are limited with Card. It’s suboptimal. If it wasn’t, card would be our starter and not our backup. This isn’t tough. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, Neonmoon said:

Let me break it down for you 

Ewers = W

Card = L

the rest is just semantics 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:02 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

People this can’t understand this are fucking stupid. 

There's your context @Wulaw Horn.  You agreed that if Card starts we lose.  And that those who don't agree are "fucking stupid".

Got dam. There were some real gems in this thread. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, CurlyDumps said:

JT Daniels is going to throw the ball 50 times and completes 70% of his passes. The game is a coin flip.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:52 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

My gut says the finish with 4 wins, but looking at the schedule I think it’ll be 3. We beat TCU, that’s it. Ewers makes no difference when your D is absolutely exposed. Kansas will best us by 2 or 3 TDs imo. OU will be … ugly 

Idk what’s funnier. Picking us to only win 3 games or picking the third win to be TCU. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

OU is a bottom feeder in the Big 12 this year. Kansas State handled them too in Norman. 

It put a smile on my face when OU was essentially eliminated from conference contention after their second conference game. When was the last time that transpired? Fuck'em.

30 minutes ago, Chad said:

It put a smile on my face when OU was essentially eliminated from conference contention after their second conference game. When was the last time that transpired? Fuck'em.

We thought this in 2020 then they won the conference and we fired our coach

This thread is the shit!

OP makes a knee-jerk thread about a third win and everyone piles on because they are upset about a loss. The next week the opposition comes running in getting in people's faces about what they posted the week before. However, those same guys who are getting in the faces of the people mad last week will be the first people getting doused with gasoline the minute Texas loses another game, and none have the foresight to just let the season play out before they either declare the team dead and buried or that Card is the next Colt McCoy. Gotta love the Shag!

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, JFKFC said:

Ewers comes back and we beat WVU. The we lose another heartbreaker to OU. We will have ups and downs after that and get to the 5-7 or 6-6 record that the realists were attacked on this board for suggesting. 

This post needs to be pinned at the top of the board haha. All that's missing is we didn't a get a transfer OL like baylor, or a transfer DL like arkansas did. Keep em coming bro, you're a consistent bastard haha. I'm not mad at you either, for the record. 

• Hook 'Em 1

it is remarkable that this site has not figured out that this season is going to be a weekly crow eating exercise...texas is not good enough on defense and it does not have the second half quality play to just assume that there is a single opponent on the schedule left that is a free win ala a kansas in 2014 or something.  the big 12 probably has the greatest level of parity this year than any conference in the history of college football.  there is not a single just outright garbage team and there are no great teams.  everyone is good enough to win each week - especially at home.  everyone is inconsistent and everyone struggles a bit more on the road than at home.  no one except okie state and maybe tcu have done anything this season to set themselves apart in terms of quality.  most everyone has played incredibly lame non-conference schedules so we know nothing about them until the coming weeks.  okstate and tcu (and a little bit estate) both have the material advantage of having 156th year starting qbs.

so every week, the stupid ass false bravado "mudhole bla bla bla" that this board seems to trade in so frequently for 24 hours after we happen to win at home against a not great, not horrible team will end in crow.  similarly, the "we suck we will never win, show me another possible victory" will have the same comeuppance whenever they actually play well enough in the first half to cover their second half ineptitude.

texas is an incredibly frustrating team to root for this year.  they show flashes of genius and their talent shows out every once in a while. but they are simply the worst team in history at stepping on a team's throat to end a game and always have to either make it interesting to the end or collapse with their utter inability to mitigate or stem momentum shifts.  hell, even on saturday, if prather doesn't go full dipshit on the onside kick, shit gets a bit uncomfortable.  sark is who he is...a 7-4 guy who is incapable of winning on the road as the only single game he's won away from dkr required bijan to go full hero mode against a pretty lame tcu team.  he's one of the best o.c.'s in history and a terrible head coach.  pk is embarrassingly bad at his job and opposing offensive coordinators and quarterbacks don't have their best career days ever - despite throwing horrible picks the week before and after - for some mysterious reason...it's obvious.   but we have talent to pull through on some of these.  so every single game from here on out is a coin flip except maybe iowa state at home where it is more like a 70% win probability and okstate where it is probably a 25% probability to win.  as utterly ridiculous as it is to say that, after wandering through the desert for 12 years, it is what it is.  when every game is a coin flip, you win some and you lose some.  you guys let yourself get way too high after wins and way too low after losses for a team that has been so consistently inconsistent.  it is inevitable with a young, talented team with an underperforming coaching staff that the inconsistency is how it will go.

we all know deep down that even though ou looked embarrassing last week, we have absolutely no idea how it will go.  if we had our 2008 team and ou looked like that, we would be confident in a 28-42 point win...that's what it is like to have a great team which we were then.  that's not who we are now.  but after seeing them blow the lead they did last year (that should have forced a coaching staff with any pride to completely disband themselves in some sort of honorable seppuku), that's just who texas is right now.  literally no outcome in that game would shock me except maybe a full blown blowout ou win.  and frankly, that is pretty much true for every game remaining on the schedule. 

the one thing that sark has going for him this year is that quinn played really well for a quarter against an above average defense under the brightest of lights before getting hurt...so it has convinced a lot of us that we are playing with one arm tied behind our back and when quinn gets back, we will take a huge leap forward.  maybe there is some truth to that.  card being literally the worst deep ball accuracy qb i have ever seen may make that at least a little bit true but that doesn't fix giving up 6 fourth downs, a lack of edge rush, incompetent onside recovery fundamentals, predictability, never throwing out of the roschon wildcat, misuse of bijan, and defensive second half collapses in any way.  we aren't terrible, we aren't great.  we are inconsistently good.  some (me) would say that is a frustrating place to exist.  some would say it makes the sport great and the uncertainty makes it more entertaining and interesting.  but going full on despondent fatalist after every loss or going full blown false bravado message board chest thumping after wins with this team are equally dumb when this is what we have.

ugh, i didn't intend for such an outrageous wall of text.

Edited by sidis

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

texas is an incredibly frustrating team to root for this year.  they show flashes of genius and their talent shows out every once in a while.

Our offense is young AF (8 FR/RS FR/SO and 7 more in the 2 deep)

Our defense is older (6 SR/RS SR/GR TR + 3 JR) but untalented/inconsistently coached and a lot of younger players are in the 2 deep, so they are seeing a lot of playing time. 

One side of the ball has the most promise (offense) but is young and inconsistent
One side of the ball is older/more mature but has the less consistent coaching/scheme and TBH, most of them suck

All adds up.

Edited by Js1

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

it is remarkable that this site has not figured out that this season is going to be a weekly crow eating exercise...texas is not good enough on defense and it does not have the second half quality play to just assume that there is a single opponent on the schedule left that is a free win ala a kansas in 2014 or something.  the big 12 probably has the greatest level of parity this year than any conference in the history of college football.  there is not a single just outright garbage team and there are no great teams.  everyone is good enough to win each week - especially at home.  everyone is inconsistent and everyone struggles a bit more on the road than at home.  no one except okie state and maybe tcu have done anything this season to set themselves apart in terms of quality.  most everyone has played incredibly lame non-conference schedules so we know nothing about them until the coming weeks.  okstate and tcu (and a little bit estate) both have the material advantage of having 156th year starting qbs.

so every week, the stupid ass false bravado "mudhole bla bla bla" that this board seems to trade in so frequently for 24 hours after we happen to win at home against a not great, not horrible team will end in crow.  similarly, the "we suck we will never win, show me another possible victory" will have the same comeuppance whenever they actually play well enough in the first half to cover their second half ineptitude.

texas is an incredibly frustrating team to root for this year.  they show flashes of genius and their talent shows out every once in a while. but they are simply the worst team in history at stepping on a team's throat to end a game and always have to either make it interesting to the end or collapse with their utter inability to mitigate or stem momentum shifts.  hell, even on saturday, if prather doesn't go full dipshit on the onside kick, shit gets a bit uncomfortable.  sark is who he is...a 7-4 guy who is incapable of winning on the road as the only single game he's won away from dkr required bijan to go full hero mode against a pretty lame tcu team.  he's one of the best o.c.'s in history and a terrible head coach.  pk is embarrassingly bad at his job and opposing offensive coordinators and quarterbacks don't have their best career days ever - despite throwing horrible picks the week before and after - for some mysterious reason...it's obvious.   but we have talent to pull through on some of these.  so every single game from here on out is a coin flip except maybe iowa state at home where it is more like a 70% win probability and okstate where it is probably a 25% probability to win.  as utterly ridiculous as it is to say that, after wandering through the desert for 12 years, it is what it is.  when every game is a coin flip, you win some and you lose some.  you guys let yourself get way too high after wins and way too low after losses for a team that has been so consistently inconsistent.  it is inevitable with a young, talented team with an underperforming coaching staff that the inconsistency is how it will go.

we all know deep down that even though ou looked embarrassing last week, we have absolutely no idea how it will go.  if we had our 2008 team and ou looked like that, we would be confident in a 28-42 point win...that's what it is like to have a great team which we were then.  that's not who we are now.  but after seeing them blow the lead they did last year (that should have forced a coaching staff with any pride to completely disband themselves in some sort of honorable seppuku), that's just who texas is right now.  literally no outcome in that game would shock me except maybe a full blown blowout ou win.  and frankly, that is pretty much true for every game remaining on the schedule. 

the one thing that sark has going for him this year is that quinn played really well for a quarter against an above average defense under the brightest of lights before getting hurt...so it has convinced a lot of us that we are playing with one arm tied behind our back and when quinn gets back, we will take a huge leap forward.  maybe there is some truth to that.  card being literally the worst deep ball accuracy qb i have ever seen may make that at least a little bit true but that doesn't fix giving up 6 fourth downs, a lack of edge rush, incompetent onside recovery fundamentals, predictability, never throwing out of the roschon wildcat, misuse of bijan, and defensive second half collapses in any way.  we aren't terrible, we aren't great.  we are inconsistently good.  some (me) would say that is a frustrating place to exist.  some would say it makes the sport great and the uncertainty makes it more entertaining and interesting.  but going full on despondent fatalist after every loss or going full blown false bravado message board chest thumping after wins with this team are equally dumb when this is what we have.

ugh, i didn't intend for such an outrageous wall of text.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We were literally talking about the tech game bro. You know, the one card actually lost. 

You were literally talking about the Tech game after it happened, on a thread looking forward to any further wins, and you agreed with a post that basically said we win games with Ewers and lose with Card?

Yeah, no.  You were saying Card couldn't win games.  You weren't talking about the Tech game.  NOBODY was talking about the Tech game in the context of this thread.

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Our offense is young AF (8 FR/RS FR/SO and 7 more in the 2 deep)

Our defense is older (6 SR/RS SR/GR TR + 3 JR) but untalented/inconsistently coached and a lot of younger players are in the 2 deep, so they are seeing a lot of playing time. 

One side of the ball has the most promise (offense) but is young and inconsistent
One side of the ball is older/more mature but has the less consistent coaching/scheme and TBH, most of them suck

All adds up.

pretty much.  the experience is in the front 7 along with cook in the dbfield and none of them have really panned out to be difference makers at all.  just not that good.  combined with incompetent coaching...not a good mix.

the offense has to not disappear for entire halves at a time to win and that is hard to do with so much youth.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

You were literally talking about the Tech game after it happened, on a thread looking forward to any further wins, and you agreed with a post that basically said we win games with Ewers and lose with Card?

Yeah, no.  You were saying Card couldn't win games.  You weren't talking about the Tech game.  NOBODY was talking about the Tech game in the context of this thread.

sometimes I love your pedantry.  

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

On 9/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

The team that played in the second half is a 5 win team at best. DC that sort of sucks, no playmakers outside and a QB you don’t trust. That’s a recipe to lose to a tech in Lubbock and any other road game on the schedule this year (including Kansas), while likely heating TCU, WVU and maybe someone else at home. 

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dude. Look at What I wrote and quoted here, you know, on this actual thread where I explicitly laid it out. Son of a fucking bitch man. Literally. I said tech. While saying we’d beat West Virginia. Fuck man. 

17 hours ago, Chad said:

The last time OU lost their 1st 2 conference games, they won the conference.

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Got dam. There were some real gems in this thread. 

Idk what’s funnier. Picking us to only win 3 games or picking the third win to be TCU. 

First off, everything I posted 48 hours after the Tech game was shit I hoped to be wrong about. I believe my history will back me up.

Secondly, Daniels did throw 48 passes and completed 60%. There has to be funnier posts than mine? I feel unfairly attacked sir.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude. Look at What I wrote and quoted here, you know, on this actual thread where I explicitly laid it out. Son of a fucking bitch man. Literally. I said tech. While saying we’d beat West Virginia. Fuck man. 

It's cool, but that came later.  I of all people shouldn't be pointing the finger at other people for posting dumb shit.  Whoever hinted that this season will likely be chaotic at best is almost surely right.  I mean, the difference between the Tech and WVU games was eye-opening, and I don't think the two teams are all that different.

This basically happens every single year after we lose a game.  It's really pretty silly.  We used to get HAMMERED by OU under Mack and then come back and win out or almost win out....when it looked like we weren't going to win any more games.  I learned then that one game is a pretty piss poor predictor of future performance.

19 hours ago, mop said:

This basically happens every single year after we lose a game.  It's really pretty silly.  We used to get HAMMERED by OU under Mack and then come back and win out or almost win out....when it looked like we weren't going to win any more games.  I learned then that one game is a pretty piss poor predictor of future performance.

Well yeah, but people are into that kind of thing because that’s the kind of thing they’re into.

19 hours ago, ousux said:
On 10/4/2022 at 9:59 AM, oSuJeff97 said:
Calling my shot: OSU and Texas will be playing each other in the Big 12 title game this year.

The Fightin' Joey McGuire's may want a word with you. Game isn't over yet and this may age poorly, but..

Got the win and covered. We’re good. :D