Show me a third W on this schedule

Lucid

On 9/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, JFKFC said:

Ewers comes back and we beat WVU. The we lose another heartbreaker to OU. We will have ups and downs after that and get to the 5-7 or 6-6 record that the realists were attacked on this board for suggesting. 

Hey eeyore shut the fuck up. While Ewers is the starting QB you should try and just relax, maybe think positive thoughts. Your takes may not suck as bad haha 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Had to bold the funniest part lol
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Having a top 5 NFL draft pick at QB is sort of important and having him out means a team will look like shit. 
Bama says hi. 
Kentucky says hi. 
who would have ducking guessed?  Oh yeah- me. And a bunch of other people on this thread that had the slightest tint of rationality. 

But can Mack Brown win without Vince Young?
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Don’t look now but halfway through the season, the Big 12 is the highest-rated conference.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2022.html

There's definitely parity but there's no top tier team in the Big 12 unlike the SEC and Big 10. There's no Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Michigan in the Big 12. Currently, Texas is the highest rated team in FEI and then Oklahoma State at #15. 

I'm not sure there's a top 10 team in conference this year but Oklahoma State might be in play. 

Saying the "Big 12 isn't good" was probably the wrong wording but it's definitely wide open for the taking because it's likely a conference with just fringe top 15 teams at the top tier. 

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There's definitely parity but there's no top tier team in the Big 12 unlike the SEC and Big 10. There's no Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Michigan in the Big 12. Currently, Texas is the highest rated team in FEI and then Oklahoma State at #15. 

I'm not sure there's a top 10 team in conference this year but Oklahoma State might be in play. 

Saying the "Big 12 isn't good" was probably the wrong wording but it's definitely wide open for the taking because it's likely a conference with just fringe top 15 teams at the top tier. 

You mention the FEI and say there’s no top team. Huh?  We are #4. You say there’s no Bama. We played them to a FG with our backup QB playing 3 Q’s after our starter shredded them for 1. We are that top team and if healthy we are probably more or less as good as most of America. At least the CPU’s think so. And my eyes tell me that from first quarter of Bama and OU. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You mention the FEI and say there’s no top team. Huh?  We are #4. You say there’s no Bama. We played them to a FG with our backup QB playing 3 Q’s after our starter shredded them for 1. We are that top team and if healthy we are probably more or less as good as most of America. At least the CPU’s think so. And my eyes tell me that from first quarter of Bama and OU. 

We are #5 behind the teams mentioned. 

The "CPU's" definitely like Texas but I'm going to need to see much more to think we are in the Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan grouping of teams. Reality is we are probably the only team in the Big 12 capable of being in that group which is all you need to know about the conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

ISU, TCU, KU, Okie Lite, Raeplor, KSU. I believe we're winning out with Ewers at the helm. The offense and defense play differently for him. 

Personally, I think several of these teams are really overrated. 

Look at TCU for example and their schedule. @ Colorado (fired their coach), Tarleton, @ SMU (2-3), OU (joke team), @ Kansas (without their starting QB for most of the game). This is such a joke of a schedule so far for TCU. 

TCU and Oklahoma State, in particular, have played a horrible schedule. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, tx ind said:

^^yup, Okie lite, Texas, Frog, Jayhawks, K State are all solid.  No one wants to to play Tech or Rapelor because they can do stuff.  The conference this season is salty and a lot of parity.

One might even call it a……murderer’s row?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, tx ind said:

^^yup, Okie lite, Texas, Frog, Jayhawks, K State are all solid.  No one wants to to play Tech or Rapelor because they can do stuff.  The conference this season is salty and a lot of parity.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

That’s a lot of upcoming land mines to dodge.

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Completely agree. The "big dumpster fire" as aggy likes to refer to the Big 12 is salty AF this year and his historically probably the third-best (maybe second) conference since aggy left for the SRC. I think Texas with a healthy Ewers could very well be the best team in the Big 12 this season but it will take a lot to win out from here. I expect a loss somewhere but we might still be able to lose two and sneak into the Big 12 title game as the #2 seed. The conference might cannibalize itself that much.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We are #5 behind the teams mentioned. 

The "CPU's" definitely like Texas but I'm going to need to see much more to think we are in the Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan grouping of teams. Reality is we are probably the only team in the Big 12 capable of being in that group which is all you need to know about the conference. 

Maybe but beyond Ohio State/Michigan in the Big 10 and Bama/Georgia in the SEC, the majority of Big 12 teams could compete with every other team in those conferences. When West Virginia, Tech or Oklahoma is your league's worst team, that's a pretty solid fucking league.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

ISU, TCU, KU, Okie Lite, Raeplor, KSU. I believe we're winning out with Ewers at the helm. The offense and defense play differently for him. 

We finally have an offense and a QB that can run what we want.  Not what the defense dictates us to run.  We can sustain long drives, take chances and get first downs even with penalties.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't use the phase much, is it proper usage to say "this thread jumped the shark!"

We have been in the new coach death spiral since 2014. Stability takes time to settle things down, and youth and inexperience make for inconsistent results. 

Edited by 927 E. 41st

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

We finally have an offense and a QB that can run what we want.  Not what the defense dictates us to run.  We can sustain long drives, take chances and get first downs even with penalties.   

For that reason, I like our chances in every single game from here on out -- if Ewers is healthy. I feel like our youth might cost us one game somewhere, though.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Fify.

28 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Or “didn’t age well”.

But I’m damn glad it didn’t.

Excellent post/user age alignment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Personally, I think several of these teams are really overrated. 

Look at TCU for example and their schedule. @ Colorado (fired their coach), Tarleton, @ SMU (2-3), OU (joke team), @ Kansas (without their starting QB for most of the game). This is such a joke of a schedule so far for TCU. 

TCU and Oklahoma State, in particular, have played a horrible schedule. 

Yep, exactly. I'll give Okie St more credit with Grundy, but Dykes? No. I went and looked at their schedule and laughed at how shitty it was, and it made Quentin Johnston's and Savion Williams numbers look even more pathetic. I know QJ is an NFL talent, but Max Duggan is a very shitty qb, but can run if needed. I don't buy the TCU hype at all. Okie Lite will crush them, and so will we. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

Can we rename this thread "show me a third loss"?  I think we can out offense OSU and the purple teams aren't yet proven in my book.

We'll probably be favorites in every individual game, but the odds we go undefeated the rest of the year are low. We have too many quality teams left on the schedule and Sark's teams usually struggle on the road.  If we can go 5-1 over our next 6, we'll have a good chance of making the conference championship game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Maybe but beyond Ohio State/Michigan in the Big 10 and Bama/Georgia in the SEC, the majority of Big 12 teams could compete with every other team in those conferences. When West Virginia, Tech or Oklahoma is your league's worst team, that's a pretty solid fucking league.

The B12 is certainly the harder conference to win this year.  WVU is likely on the bottom and likely better than aggy, who is low-mid in the SEC.

On 9/25/2022 at 5:14 AM, rantanamo said:

Trends don't lie. Trends create real culture.  I know some are trying to be confident, but what in the past year says we are going to win out or even win 2 more games?  Might win 2 more games.

Alright, well here's a trend I've noticed: when #3 is on the field we hang our nuts on people's heads. 

When he's not, it's a crap shoot. 

• Hook 'Em 7

26 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We'll probably be favorites in every individual game, but the odds we go undefeated the rest of the year are low. We have too many quality teams left on the schedule and Sark's teams usually struggle on the road.  If we can go 5-1 over our next 6, we'll have a good chance of making the conference championship game. 

I've got us as 70%+ favorites in each individual game remaining (my system is just as enamored with Texas as every other analytics system right now) and it works out to only about a 24% chance of running the table.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I've got us as 70%+ favorites in each individual game remaining (my system is just as enamored with Texas as every other analytics system right now) and it works out to only about a 24% chance of running the table.

I've got us at 12% chance to win out.  Texas is #5, so it's not because mine is less high on Texas.  TCU is currently a low-confidence top 10 team in mine, so they are the only game below 70%.

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I like those odds!