We've lost 8 of our last 11

TexArcher

Is this the worst it's ever been?

I understand that Sark almost beat Bama.  And he almost beat top 10 ou last year.  But they were still losses.

Is that really evidence of improvement?  Almost wins against better teams?  Strong beat top 10 Notre Dame and Herman almost beat top 10 LSU.  But they played down to a bunch of other teams and lost, just like we're doing now.

3 and fucking 8 in our last 11.

Are we really any better than we were 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 6 years ago?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Is this the worst it's ever been?

I understand that Sark almost beat Bama.  And he almost beat top 10 ou last year.  But they were still losses.

Is that really evidence of improvement?  Almost wins against better teams?  Strong beat top 10 Notre Dame and Herman almost beat top 10 LSU.  But they played down to a bunch of other teams and lost, just like we're doing now.

3 and fucking 8 in our last 11.

Are we really any better than we were 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 6 years ago?

No

Talent wise, we are better. Coaching wise, it's the same soft serve shit. I just don't understand how none of these guys can figure that every team we play is going to give us their best 60 minutes. Yet we routinely act like it's beneath us and fart around for the first 20-30 minutes before deciding it's time to play.  Today's game is a perfect example of what happens when you don't match the opponents intensity. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

This. Apparently our 2nd QB can be absolute dogshit and it’s not his fault but Tech or OU can put in anybody. 

most of the time the QB is mobile and makes plays with his feet.  Sark doesn't want his QB to run.  A mobile QB covers a lot of ills.  our guy has to be Dan Marino.

• Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If it's anywhere close to the same record as Strong.....he should be fired. 

Or it's another year 3 of a lame duck coach that has to do something special to keep his job.

Thinking if he has another losing season this year, the hole will be too deep to climb out of.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I hate to say it, but I think we've eclipsed those years.

Absolutely.  We were killers in multiple years in the early 80s.  A fucked up situation with a punt away from a NC.  In the 90S we won MULTIPLE conference championships etc.  This last 12 years have been total wandering in the wilderness dogshit.  This is multiple times worse than those two decades.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1