Tech rushing the field

GreenspointTexas

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

1. I fucking hate Horns down. Not in a "it's DiSrEpeCtFul!!1!" way -- don't give a shit. It's in a "holy shit that's so completely worn out" way.

2. Why the hell would Tech rush the field? The University of Texas football team has been crummy for more than a decade. This isn't beating #1 Texas in 2008. This is beating barely ranked Texas in the same sort of game we've lost repeatedly for more than a decade. Rushing the field almost seems to imply some respect. It would have been worse if the stands were half empty and no one cared that they beat Texas.

Because they've been terrible for a long time? Worse than UT for sure, even with a once in a generation QB a few years ago they didn't win a whole lot. And good luck stopping field rushing. Kids will be kids, it's gonna happen. You'd have to replace the minimum wage yellow jackets by calling up the armed National Guard. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more serious incidents like all out melees and serious injuries or players retaliating crushing peoples heads in with their helmets. They'll find this kid and punish him. Tech has always had a reputation for over the top fandom, like Ohio State or West Virginia, people just don't really care as much since they were really only good during the Mike Leach years and they managed to fuck it up in favor of a roundly despised tv announcer. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

The reason to not play Tech again is that there is nothing in it for us to play Tech again. We have plenty of rivals (more than we need, actually). West Texas isn’t a media or recruiting hotbed. They would expect a home and home, and there are better options available for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

The Tech fan base is like an NFL(Raiders) fan base and they act accordingly.  That said there are idiots in any fan base but I will say that if their administration doesn’t track this fucker down and punish him then Texas should tell them good luck in the future and find anyone else to play going forward. 

how dare you GIF

How dare you sir?!  No one was shived.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

That's what I saw.   His head snaps back.  The Texas player was pushed from behind into the dumbass fan. 

And he then appears to stop. if he was being malicious, he likely would have kept on running. Without a Zapruder-like analysis of both films by Jerry, Kramer, and Newman, we won't know with certainty about either incident. But neither incident happens if the Tech administrations keeps the fans off the field. B12 should (but won't) fine the shit out of the school.   

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

There's a video out now of a Texas player shoving a fan down during the rush. I'm not going to post it because while it's not the right thing to do, it still would not have happened if the field rush didn't happen. I've always been against it and there's a number of good reasons we don't do it in basketball anymore. The NCAA/conference should just make a rule against it already, there's almost always something stupid that comes out of field rushes all over the country. It's dumb.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Because they've been terrible for a long time? Worse than UT for sure, even with a once in a generation QB a few years ago they didn't win a whole lot. And good luck stopping field rushing. Kids will be kids, it's gonna happen. You'd have to replace the minimum wage yellow jackets by calling up the armed National Guard. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more serious incidents like all out melees and serious injuries or players retaliating crushing peoples heads in with their helmets. They'll find this kid and punish him. Tech has always had a reputation for over the top fandom, like Ohio State or West Virginia, people just don't really care as much since they were really only good during the Mike Leach years and they managed to fuck it up in favor of a roundly despised tv announcer. 

Tech hasn’t won at home against the Horns since 2008.  10 years of entering freshman classes have gone to school and graduated without seeing a win against UT in Lubbock. They don’t have a bigger rival out there to play, just the reality of being UT. 

Rushing the field and tearing down goal posts is fun and the scenes that still make CFB fun. But yes, pushing or making contact with opposing players is trash behavior and should be punished. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I'm glad she clarified. Just try to read my posts about it charitably...like I said I was trying to get ahead of any other Tech fans that might try to use this occurance to justify the dipshit that pushed the Texas player or anything else that might have happened off camera. That's also the reason I didn't post the video because it was not completely clear what happened in the first place.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I get the horns down thing when playing Texas - makes perfect sense.  I watched the OU/K-State game Saturday and the stupid sooner fans were throwing horns down - makes no sense whatsoever.

And then they lost.  OU Sux!

They hate us cuz they anus

Rushing the field and tearing down goal posts is fun and the scenes that still make CFB fun. But yes, pushing or making contact with opposing players is trash behavior and should be punished. 

Celebrate your team. With your team and fans. That’s acceptable and understandable.

But no we’ve got to shit talk and taunt. And we think it can be done without repercussions. Then at some point, you no longer get to rush the field because of stupidity.

I’m all for rushing the field/court when you feel inspired. But there’s no excuse to not be smart about it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

What a garbage group of people.  Anyone ever met a group of non trash Tech people?

Drop a pin and street view anywhere in this shithole and laugh

Look at the place and surrounding names for towns lmao

Texas should play Rice every year and forget tech exists. Complete shithole and part of the reason the big 12 is irrelevant.

Also fuck Sark and fuck the whole coarching staff, fucking losers. Even with the zebras against you they should either find a way to win or get tossed from the game getting in the refs face.

It's like basketball at this point, just pathetic to be a lame duck in this conference that fucks you every chance they get, now they have a good reason to fuck you worse. 

Pay for blowUs share and get the fuck out by next year 

Screenshot_20220926-112331.png

Screenshot_20220926-112553.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Celebrate your team. With your team and fans. That’s acceptable and understandable.

But no we’ve got to shit talk and taunt. And we think it can be done without repercussions. Then at some point, you no longer get to rush the field because of stupidity.

I’m all for rushing the field/court when you feel inspired. But there’s no excuse to not be smart about it.

You have to have room temperature IQ to live in Lubbock so I'm not going to expect that.

How about instead of banning the schools from rushing the field, we don't share a conference with Tech.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Quick thinking on the part of #36. I’ve stumbled (not necessarily been pushed) unexpectedly into another person a few times in my life. My instinct is to grab them to keep them from falling, not to shove them down. He was shoved, but my guess is he instantly knew he fucked up and apologized, which was the right thing to do. I hope his gallantry gets him laid. But wrap it up, son. This is Tech, after all. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

whining and excuses?  The push is a separate issue from the game and the horns’ performance.  Losing a game doesn’t mean the opposing fans can do whatever they like. 

Yep. 

We played like shit for sure, but that doesn't mean that when we beat Tech in  Austin it would be ok for a Texas fan to run onto the field and cheapshot a Tech player from behind while he's walking to the locker room.

Of course, that would never happen in Austin because we beat Tech 75% of the time and wouldn't rush the field after beating them. Oh, and because we're not regarded inbred hicks.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I get the horns down thing when playing Texas - makes perfect sense.  I watched the OU/K-State game Saturday and the stupid sooner fans were throwing horns down - makes no sense whatsoever.

And then they lost.  OU Sux!

Not sure what this is so hard to make sense of.

You should walk around DKR under the stands. People always shout OU and then the crowd walking says SUCKS. Happens at every home game, regardless of who we play.

Most people say “give ‘em hell give ‘em hell OU Sucks” every time they sing Texas Fight. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

It's the dismal tide.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Quick thinking on the part of #36. I’ve stumbled (not necessarily been pushed) unexpectedly into another person a few times in my life. My instinct is to grab them to keep them from falling, not to shove them down. He was shoved, but my guess is he instantly knew he fucked up and apologized, which was the right thing to do. I hope his gallantry gets him laid. But wrap it up, son. This is Tech, after all. 

So it was another missed tackle?

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Intoxicated people in large numbers are known for smart decision making . Lubbock residents especially 

• Like 1

If we didn't suck ass, this wouldn't be a problem.

So like if we were defending national champs and/or Top 10 and undefeated, this doesn’t happen?

The only way for Texas to not get shit is to win every game, forever. I’m all for that but probably willing to bet everything ever that will not happen.

I’m billing to bet my retirement for yours that we don’t win them all from here on out.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

So like if we were defending national champs and/or Top 10 and undefeated, this doesn’t happen?

The only way for Texas to not get shit is to win every game, forever. I’m all for that but probably willing to bet everything ever that will not happen.

I’m billing to bet my retirement for yours that we don’t win them all from here on out.

No it just means don’t lose against shitty teams on the road. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

cant figure what people think is supposed to be a bigger insult: horns down handsign; writing "tu"; or saying "your mom goes to college"

Hardly anybody is bothered much by the Horns down. If other schools' students want to flash the Horns in whatever direction, most Texas fans dgaf. It's hilarious to watch both aggy & pig doing it at the same game while playing each other. Same at KSU-OU. 

Edited by wood

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Probably, for the same reason we would have rushed the field if we had beaten Bama.  This will be their super bowl for the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, wood said:

I guarantee there's probably more than a few Techies out there who know this POS and would love to see him arrested for it.

Fdl4IlqWAAAYxLV?format=jpg&name=large

Well, this Tech fan (me, the one posting) thinks that this is complete horseshit and I hope that this guy is identified, prosecuted, fined and banned.

Edited by BluTechsan
  • Hook 'Em 4