Halloween Ends the end of Michael Myers?

Chad

Dedicated Halloween series fan here.

I enjoyed the first one that McBride directed. Good nod to the series, but didn't play it too safe to the original a la the Star Force Awakens.

The sequel Halloween Kills seemed to have a lot more gore and gratutitous violence. At times it reminded of the Zombie series. It also had more Judy Greer which I can appreciate. 

I am always optimistic for any new Halloween movie.

Edited by horngrad03
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I haven't seen many of these, and it looks like there are multiple timelines and reboots. Is there a list of the Halloweens that are worth watching, or at least ones that tell a somewhat coherent story?

Original Halloween is a classic film, and the sequel is fun follow up but of much lower quality.

Halloween Part 4 follows the timeline, and is a fun but shallow horror flick. Don't bother with Part 5,6, or Ressurection. Halloween H20 is ok.

Halloween 3 is an underrated independent horror flick. You just have to get past the title and there being no Michael Myers. 

The first Zombie remake is fun, but the sequel is on LSD. It had uncomfortable levels of violence...even for me.

Edited by horngrad03
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 2018 Halloween and Kills were good films and vastly superior to everything that followed the 2nd film. End was a huge disappointment, it featured about ten minutes of Michael Meyers. He wasn't even the antagonist of the film and was wrote off as a weakling.

Spoiler

I mean come on some guy that was thrown off a bridge by teenage band geeks robs him of his mask? An off duty cop was manhandling him one vs one? After the events of kills and the massacre Michael went on they made him look like a weak bitch in the finale of this trilogy and what is hopefully the end to this franchise.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:02 PM, Chad said:

The 2018 Halloween and Kills were good films and vastly superior to everything that followed the 2nd film. End was a huge disappointment, it featured about ten minutes of Michael Meyers. He wasn't even the antagonist of the film and was wrote off as a weakling.

Hide contents

I mean come on some guy that was thrown off a bridge by teenage band geeks robs him of his mask? An off duty cop was manhandling him one vs one? After the events of kills and the massacre Michael went on they made him look like a weak bitch in the finale of this trilogy and what is hopefully the end to this franchise.

i liked the ending but i have no idea why they thought it would be a good idea to make michael meyers a bit player in the final chapter to their triology.  

4 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

I don't like all of the damage, grime and detail they've added to his mask in these reboots. I get what they are trying to achieve but it's just not as creepy looking. This guy's simple store-bought mask is more faithful to the OG and looks 10X better than the studio film, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, smuggs said:

I don't like all of the damage, grime and detail they've added to his mask in these reboots. I get what they are trying to achieve but it's just not as creepy looking. This guy's simple store-bought mask is more faithful to the OG and looks 10X better than the studio film, IMO.

The film makers were trying to be realistic. The 2018 film takes place 40 years after the events of the 1978 film and was a direct sequel to the original. By that time the mask was over 40 years old and Michael was trapped in the burning house at the conclusion of the 2018 Halloween so the aged mask was damaged further by the fire. It really didn't make much of a difference for me, I liked both of the masks and the new one grew on me.