97.1 The Freak

RPM

17 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

What principle are you talking about? It’s show business. Folks used to change stations all the time. Sounds like you never hired a competitor or went to work for one. 

Rational or not it's my opinion.  I've listened to the Ticket since I moved to Dallas 20 years ago.   I view it different than other radio stations because it has been different than any other station from a loyalty standpoint.  And we can bitch about its flaws like we do about Texas football but I still tune in way more than I do to anything else.  This kind of has a Lincoln Riley vibe to me.  Sure, from an outsiders (and capitalist) point of view the move made total sense.  But try convincing a Sooner fan of that.

7 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

I got in the car this morning to take my kid to practice before school and the Freak was on - and it was some chucklehead breaking down Coastal Carolina vs. James Madison. I kid you not. I realize the morning show starts at 7, but there are probably a lot of people who are regular radio listeners in the 6am hour and this feels like a total giveup on their part.

says the person who does not have 5 units riding on the chanticleers

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

Rational or not it's my opinion.  I've listened to the Ticket since I moved to Dallas 20 years ago.   I view it different than other radio stations because it has been different than any other station from a loyalty standpoint.  And we can bitch about its flaws like we do about Texas football but I still tune in way more than I do to anything else.  This kind of has a Lincoln Riley vibe to me.  Sure, from an outsiders (and capitalist) point of view the move made total sense.  But try convincing a Sooner fan of that.

Your opinion on the matter sucks because none of us knows the dynamics that led to Mike’s departure, but I feel comfortable believing his version over Corby’s. Regardless, it renders you loyal to a station that harbors Nob, Corby and Sean Bass. It’s your opinion, but it’s like @Drewwith Cowboys opinions: very inane. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Your opinion on the matter sucks because none of us knows the dynamics that led to Mike’s departure, but I feel comfortable believing his version over Corby’s. Regardless, it renders you loyal to a station that harbors Nob, Corby and Sean Bass. It’s your opinion, but it’s like @Drewwith Cowboys opinions: very inane. 

I don't always agree with them but I actually like -- and have met -- most of the Ticket personalities. Aside from Rhynes, Sirois, Grubes, Julie and Ben & Skin I have zero experience listening to any of the Freak personalities. I love Rhynes but in this format, with this supporting cast. I like Sirois but I hardly think he's to the point where he should be steering the ship during drive-time as he's a complete train wreck sometimes. Shoopy is the man. Don't get me started on Julie or B&S -- I'm out. They could start a Longhorn-Spurs only show and I'm still out. I will not listen to that dreck.

I heard Corby on morning drive this morning lololol.  I guess they know what their weakness is.  Good thing he sells all those BMW ads lmfao

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I want to like this show with Rhyner and Sirois but it's just fairly boring so far. 

Tuned in yesterday afternoon and heard Mike talking about how glorious baseball is and instantly switched the dial

9 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s getting a bit old hearing mainly two stories: how great it’s GOING to be, and old stories about the Ticket. Shut up, do the great stuff, and leave your old life behind.

Rumors that Emily Jones might be the third on the Downbeat.

I know Emily personally. She is a beating and was quite promiscuous back in her younger years. She and Julie are such attention whores I can’t take it. I couldn’t last yesterday listening to Julie force the issue and act like she knew what she was talking about and has this inexplicable authoritative tone that is bewildering for someone that sucks at broadcasting and sports knowledge. I’ll check in but if she’s on, it’s instant punch out for me.  Same with Emily. 

I know Emily personally. She is a beating and was quite promiscuous back in her younger years. She and Julie are such attention whores I can’t take it. I couldn’t last yesterday listening to Julie force the issue and act like she knew what she was talking about and has this inexplicable authoritative tone that is bewildering for someone that sucks at broadcasting and sports knowledge. I’ll check in but if she’s on, it’s instant punch out for me.  Same with Emily. 

Rumors of her fucking Mike Napoli true?

Any idea when the Musers contract is up? 

If iHeart wants to deal a huge blow to the Ticket, you make Gordo an offer he can’t say no to. The guy would be huge in this format. I’d be shocked if he ever left the Musers but I don’t think Junior has another 5 years and I don’t blame him. What a GD beating to get up at 430 every day. 

Like someone else said in the thread, this is Cat’s doing. You can’t make a business case to pay your tier 3 talent because there’s no competition for them to go to?

I have a feeling we’re going to hear about another addition tomorrow or Monday. I also don’t think that weekend lineup is anything but a smokecloud. 

3 hours ago, futureman said:

she got porterhouse’d didn’t she

Nah. I’m not shitting you, I was hammered in Austin after a Tech game in ‘05 (we won 52-17 if I recall, and Emily went to Tech), and I confidently walked up to her and called her Dana. As in Larson. She was cool about it. But I find her TV work fine, know about her past proclivities, know her husband, and don’t like her on the radio. Way too cocky, along with Julie. KRay was much better today. 

4 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Rumors of her fucking Mike Napoli true?

Nah

1 hour ago, XForce said:

Any idea when the Musers contract is up? 

If iHeart wants to deal a huge blow to the Ticket, you make Gordo an offer he can’t say no to. The guy would be huge in this format. I’d be shocked if he ever left the Musers but I don’t think Junior has another 5 years and I don’t blame him. What a GD beating to get up at 430 every day. 

Like someone else said in the thread, this is Cat’s doing. You can’t make a business case to pay your tier 3 talent because there’s no competition for them to go to?

I have a feeling we’re going to hear about another addition tomorrow or Monday. I also don’t think that weekend lineup is anything but a smokecloud. 

The Freak format is very anti-Rhyner. But he’s so good that he can effect change to the format. And I think he knows that. And people wanna grow, as we all do. I am sure he’s got a lot of tier 3 guys in mind. 

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Nah. I’m not shitting you, I was hammered in Austin after a Tech game in ‘05 (we won 52-17 if I recall, and Emily went to Tech), and I confidently walked up to her and called her Dana. As in Larson. She was cool about it. But I find her TV work fine, know about her past proclivities, know her husband, and don’t like her on the radio. Way too cocky, along with Julie. KRay was much better today. 

Nah

wash?

shes not aging well.  im not either.  but neither is she.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

wash?

shes not aging well.  im not either.  but neither is she.

Are y’all asking if she banged Nap Nap Weiner and Ron Washington?  I couldn’t say for sure but doubt it. Wash in particular is laughably far fetched. I’m speaking about pre marriage behavior. I don’t know what she does now and wouldn’t want to speculate. I’m sure she’s a good mom and wife. 

36 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

I bounced over here during a Ticket commercial break. Awful. Julie and whoever the other two morons are with her are all terrible at radio. 

Yep. Even The Downbeat is difficult to listen to. 

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Are y’all asking if she banged Nap Nap Weiner and Ron Washington?  I couldn’t say for sure but doubt it. Wash in particular is laughably far fetched. I’m speaking about pre marriage behavior. I don’t know what she does now and wouldn’t want to speculate. I’m sure she’s a good mom and wife. 

Yep. Even The Downbeat is difficult to listen to. 

i was making a joke.

13 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Nah

KRay, is that the chick who was on with Rhynes/Sirois yesterday afternoon in the 3PM hour? She was telling her long and convoluted story of how she got to today and I was easily bored. I was also surprised that she is a professional broadcaster.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

KRay, is that the chick who was on with Rhynes/Sirois yesterday afternoon in the 3PM hour? She was telling her long and convoluted story of how she got to today and I was easily bored. I was also surprised that she is a professional broadcaster.

Yes. But she let the game come to her as opposed to forcing the issue like Julie. 

22 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s getting a bit old hearing mainly two stories: how great it’s GOING to be, and old stories about the Ticket. Shut up, do the great stuff, and leave your old life behind.

It really does blow my mind that they STILL haven't gotten their shit together after all this time on the air.  The Ticket was a nonstop laugh riot from day one so there's really no excuse for this.

• Haha 1

It really does blow my mind that they STILL haven't gotten their shit together after all this time on the air.  The Ticket was a nonstop laugh riot from day one so there's really no excuse for this.

They need to shut up and do their shit. The Ticket has to grow into being the Ticket. Fucking Skip Bayless kicked things off. He was not a laugh riot.
  • Hook 'Em 2

They are gonna have to find subject matter niches (that people are consistently interested in) or this won't sustain.  It's great to say "we're having fun here, no?" and that be your mantra but 12 hours of radio is a lot of time to fill every day 5 days a week if there isn't some focus.  

There was something telling in the initial show. It’s so self-centered. “We’re just going to have fun!” We’re gonna say what we want.” Sirois kept saying “I am just going to have fun”. And what little I’ve listened, it’s like I barged in uninvited to the HeMan woman haterz club. Mike and Mike I don’t give a shit about your fun. I expect hard work to entertain us in a way that seems like it isn’t hard work.

19 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

They are gonna have to find subject matter niches (that people are consistently interested in) or this won't sustain.  It's great to say "we're having fun here, no?" and that be your mantra but 12 hours of radio is a lot of time to fill every day 5 days a week if there isn't some focus.  

I think they made a mistake going away from sports format. Just because your focus is sports doesn't mean you have to talk about it all the time. Can lean on it for content dudes will listen to while also throwing in your own stuff whenever something interesting comes up to talk about. They don't need to do as much sports as the ticket. 

Edited by Hermanator