NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

Just now, shadow_operative said:

yep. he's quietly (i thought anyway lol) having a really nice start to the year with Lamelo out. it'll be interesting to see what becomes if him once melo returns. 

Yeah he's gotten a bit of attention for his good start considering that DSJ was thisclose to playing overseas permanently.

in all honesty (and my posting history backs this up), i agree with cam'ron. ben simmons neither likes nor does he want to play basketball. he needs to quit and go do whatever it is that he actually wants to do. 
No one will walk away from the salary he makes. He will milk it for all it's worth. And O don't blame him. He might not want to play basketball or even enjoy it but he enjoys making money.

Teams need to stop giving him chances for him to stop playing. As long as a team is willing to pay him, he will keep playing indefinitely.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Man.... the big market teams other than Boston are struggling this season. It's way early, but the Nets, Bulls, Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, Heat, Sixers, and Warriors are all .500 or worse. They are a combined 23-36. David Stern must be rolling over in his grave.

Lol if the next superteam we see is in New Orleans.

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, i understand now.

Yeeaaahhh....not that it excuses Draymond or anything...but a dude who does things like that, talks about his and other people's money, is allergic to defense, and whose trash talk exceeds his accomplishments...you can see how buttons get pressed.

57 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeeaaahhh....not that it excuses Draymond or anything...but a dude who does things like that, talks about his and other people's money, is allergic to defense, and whose trash talk exceeds his accomplishments...you can see how buttons get pressed.

Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

Rockets and Thunder had identical records in 2020 when they both made the playoffs.  Since then Okie City has finished with a better record than Houston and this season Houston has two top five picks and is a dumpster fire again and Okie City is .500.

Yet, the narrative is the Thunder are always tanking.  Why not Houston?

Jabari Smith is going to spend 3 mediocre years in Houston, get traded to GS or Okie City or someplace and be a borderline all star.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

james harden to miss at least a month with a tendon strain in his right foot.

That franchise is never going to recover from passing on Tatum...and giving Boston extra picks for the privilege of doing so.

When you think about Embiid + Tatum on the same team....man what could have been.

Kyrie does not and SHOULD NOT play in another NBA game. His pay should be withheld and the league office should dare the NBPA to take them to court over it considering the reason he would not be getting paid. 

I am trying to wrap my head around how Durant thought that teaming up with a crazy person, who has now also revealed himself to be a proud Anti-Semite, was a good situation to get into. How is this someone he trusts? How can Irving ever step on a basketball court again for an NBA team when he refuses to disavow his insane beliefs? Thank goodness LeBron didn’t get his wish and get this guy as a teammate again. I’ll take 82 games of Russ doing Russ things over this disaster of a human being that needs to be in a psychiatric ward.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Biggest winner in the kyrie saga no doubt is the spurs. They just got pushed off the front page. 

Oh just you wait til Tony Buzbee and his client goes on HBO Real Sports.

If the Deshaun Watson case is any indication, this is just the start of a long, draw-out, embarrassing, and expensive process.  And, unlike in the Watson case where he just had one individual (Watson) in his crosshairs, he'll be going after the entire Spurs organization to extract his pound (and then some) of flesh.

Edited by Message Board User

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Jabari needs a real PG in the worst way.

I remember the scouting reports from the draft.  Some didn't like Jabari but they all admitted that all of the top 3 would best in Okie City rather an Orlando and Houston simply because of Giddey and SGA.  They were all good shooting bigs would be coming off screens and getting open looks there.  Instead, Jabari is in Houston.

11 minutes ago, speed817 said:

He'll be attending a Bar Mitzvah and getting circumcised this weekend....

A circumcised, born again Cherokee, anti-vax, flat earther!

On 11/3/2022 at 9:55 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, i understand now.

It would be difficult for me to ever be Team Draymond though, even if he was playing a game of HORSE against Bin Laden and Taylor Swift. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:50 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

Rockets and Thunder had identical records in 2020 when they both made the playoffs.  Since then Okie City has finished with a better record than Houston and this season Houston has two top five picks and is a dumpster fire again and Okie City is .500.

Yet, the narrative is the Thunder are always tanking.  Why not Houston?

Jabari Smith is going to spend 3 mediocre years in Houston, get traded to GS or Okie City or someplace and be a borderline all star.

i find it hilarious that you are putting so much stock into okc's 8 game sample size.  i'd be happy to make two separate wagers with you if you are so confident in them not being terrible this year:

wager 1 - i say the thunder will win 30 games or fewer.

wager 2 - i say that the thunder will finish with one of the 6 worst records in the league this year.

interested in either bet?

36 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i find it hilarious that you are putting so much stock into okc's 8 game sample size.  i'd be happy to make two separate wagers with you if you are so confident in them not being terrible this year:

wager 2 - i say that the thunder will finish with one of the 6 worst records in the league this year.

I found it more hilarious that "all" scouting reports thought that any of the top 3 picks in the draft would be better off in OKC than Houston or Orlando because of Josh fucking Giddey and his 54 game NBA career sample size shooting 3's at a Westbrook-esque 26% clip. I'll give you SGA but come on. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

They won 24 games last year and tried as hard as possible to lose but if SGA stays healthy, they'll easily win 30 games.  They've already won 4 and all of their games have been against playoff teams except for Orlando.

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I found it more hilarious that "all" scouting reports thought that any of the top 3 picks in the draft would be better off in OKC than Houston or Orlando because of Josh fucking Giddey and his 54 game NBA career sample size shooting 3's at a Westbrook-esque 26% clip. I'll give you SGA but come on. 

Giddey was averaging 7 APG for the last two months so yeah, a 6'9" guy with those passing skills would help any of those guys running off screens.  That's on top of SGA's passing.  That's with them passing to a bunch of borderline NBA guys.