NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

So the Celtics (my team) have 8 players shooting 40% or better from 3 point range and none of them are Tatum, Brown or Smart.  They'll come back to earth a little, but they're going to have legit shooting around the Jay's this year.  Hopefully Robert Williams comes back relatively healthy.  They can afford to bring him along as slowly as possible.  I saw they're giving up over 113 points a game and assumed they had one of the worst defenses in the league, but it's almost dead middle of the pack.  I can't believe the best defense is giving up over 106 pts a game. That's crazy.  Making it out of the Eastern Conference is going to be a slug fest. 

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

there's a million memes about chris paul all over my twitter, but i can't find any tweets that actually say why that is. what's the deal?

My extremely unwithit understanding is that right before Elon shut him down, Kanye tweeted that he caught Kim and Chris fucking.

image.thumb.png.b51e5a822d70d4beb454fd83fe53a42a.png

Edited by Herpa Derpa
pic
  • Haha 1

Don’t look now, but the Nets have won 4 in a row and 10 of their last 15.  By my count, only Boston has a better record in their last 15 than the Nets in the entire NBA. 

They just got back TJ Warren and Joe Harris is playing better.  At full strength this team is going to be a problem for anybody.

I still don't see it with the Nets because of defense. They need Seth, Harris, Kyrie, and KD to all be hitting on offense to outscore the other team. Ben Simmons ain't locking dudes down, KD gets bullied in the post easily (but has become a very good help defender), and basically nobody plays good on ball perimeter defense for them. On offense they have way too many turnovers as well, ranking in the bottom half of the league so far in turnovers per game (and slightly worse with turnovers per possession).

• Like 1

Hard to say a guy gets 30+ for you and is still the biggest reason you lost the game, but it felt that way watching the Nets tonight. KD just sloppy with the ball, turning it over left and right, killing momentum. He did have a couple nasty blocks in addition to the 30 points but those turnovers, man. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:20 AM, HookEm said:

Don’t look now, but the Nets have won 4 in a row and 10 of their last 15.  By my count, only Boston has a better record in their last 15 than the Nets in the entire NBA. 

They just got back TJ Warren and Joe Harris is playing better.  At full strength this team is going to be a problem for anybody.

Boston without Smart or Rob Williams had no issue.  

• Hook 'Em 1

That's not what I was expecting for a match up of the #1 team in the East vs the #1 from the West.  However, this was Paul's first game back after missing a month.  I don't think Phoenix is as bad as they looked tonight, but they don't have the depth they need to win a championship without luck.  The Celtics look good and Robert Williams is going to start playing again in about 2 weeks. 

The Celtics are the #1 team in offensive efficiency in NBA history so far this season. 

Edited by RabidM

That's not what I was expecting for a match up of the #1 team in the East vs the #1 from the West.  However, this was Paul's first game back after missing a month.  I don't think Phoenix is as bad as they looked tonight, but they don't have the depth they need to win a championship without luck.  The Celtics look good and Robert Williams is going to start playing again in about 2 weeks. 
The Celtics are the #1 team in offensive efficiency in NBA history so far this season. 

They’re a machine. I guess we’ll see how it goes in the playoffs.

I flipped it on thinking oh cool #1 Vs #1 for some late night watching. Within like 5 min Boston extended their lead to about 24 and Booker picked up his 4th first half foul
  • Hook 'Em 1