NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

If Giannis doesn't break Kyrie's ankle is a better hypothetical. I don't think that Nets team was winning the Finals without him and with a bum Harden. And I'm not sure what Durant hitting the 3 would have to do with Kyrie winning without LeBron.

Also - Bucks would have fired Bud and who knows what Giannis would have done the past 2 seasons.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

If Giannis doesn't break Kyrie's ankle is a better hypothetical. I don't think that Nets team was winning the Finals without him and with a bum Harden. And I'm not sure what Durant hitting the 3 would have to do with Kyrie winning without LeBron.

Also - Bucks would have fired Bud and who knows what Giannis would have done the past 2 seasons.

For sure.  The only reason Bud lasted these last 2 seasons was because they won

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37672129/milwaukee-bucks-interview-houston-kelvin-sampson-head-coaching-job

Who knows how serious this is by either side, but ditching the cougars now would not make Mr Fritatta happy. Do it. 

well, he's known how to handle a roster payroll since he got into coaching, so that's not going to be an adjustment.

• Hook 'Em 1

With the new luxury tax rules, why on earth would anyone trade for Dame? His cap hits coming up are: 45m, 48m, 58m and 63m. That's insane for what he brings to a team and given his age.  You can't build much around that, unless you draft really really well. The only teams that would be willing to take on that contract are not contenders, and they would be expecting draft picks as compensation in the process.

Portland has to double down on Dame by trading #3+Simmons+filler for something like Siakam+OG Anouby. Get some defenders/rebounders in the mix and look for a good MLE candidate. Go all in the next 2 years and see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

lol, Doc is a historically bad coach in the playoffs, and has squandered big leads many times, the common denominator is him. It's his job to get his guys in line and run plays so the team doesn't fall apart, not Harden's. That whole team looked like it had the life sucked out of them during halftime. James Harden didn't make the gameplan to let Embiid ISO against Al Horford for half the game, Doc's the one who let that happen. He didn't adjust anything, he didn't change things up, he didn't fix the bad spacing on offense, or the way Boston was switching Embiid out to the perimeter on D. The guy is a clumsy mess of an in-game coach, only riding the coattails of his 1 championship from 15 years ago. He's extremely overrated because "players like him." Players like winning too, you don't have to be pals with your head coach to have a good team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

On Bill Simmons podcast, they full nuclear on the Sixers franchise and culture.  It's the one where they interview Lombardi.  Worth a listen and somewhat funny.

That was EPIC!!!!!   Although having Simmons there consigning the things he was saying is wack as fuck given how much he vouched for the process and basically sucked Hinkie and Morey off over the yrs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

According to NBA radio, he averaged 13ppg and shot 38% on 3s last season. That should have been enough to get a look from some of the teams who are sitting at home right now

Lots of guys can score 13 ppg on a shitty team without being a high maintenance diva.  Your backup qb in the nfl can’t be an attention whore.  Throws the locker room out of balance.  Same thing here.  I wouldn’t have wanted him in his prime, because he’s a talented loser who tends to bring the drama, but I can certainly understand why teams would sign up for that given a lack of options.  Now?  I wouldn’t even consider it.

I hope Miami closes it out tonight so they get a lot of rest and time to prepare for Denver. If this series goes to 7 games, then the ECF winner only gets 3 days rest before Game 1 of the Finals. I'd like to see Miami have some chance and win a game or two to make it interesting at least. 

I hope Miami closes it out tonight so they get a lot of rest and time to prepare for Denver. If this series goes to 7 games, then the ECF winner only gets 3 days rest before Game 1 of the Finals. I'd like to see Miami have some chance and win a game or two to make it interesting at least. 
And after that, we got nothing but baseball We need to keep it going as long as possible.
  • Hook 'Em 1