NBA 2022-2023 Season Thread

Mitch Cumsteen

You can’t blame this shit on anyone but Dumbass at this point. He’s been given every chance, every opportunity, but proceeds to diarrhea shit all over it. Fuck  this wannabe gangster. Best thing he can do for the NBA is shoot his dick off at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Dude needs help. Not sure if it's drugs or he's bipolar or what but he isn't right in the head. Hope he figures it out. He's a super special talent. 

Have you considered that he is simply a stupid motherfucker? Dude can hoop, but he's dumb as a pile of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

What is it with this clown and Instagram? His next contract should include a no-Instagram clause. And if he listened to Keith Sweat and Charlie Wilson, this shit wouldn't happen. 

Also, what exactly is he suspended from? It's not like the team is actually doing anything for the next few months.

20 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

What is it with this clown and Instagram? His next contract should include a no-Instagram clause. And if he listened to Keith Sweat and Charlie Wilson, this shit wouldn't happen. 

Also, what exactly is he suspended from? It's not like the team is actually doing anything for the next few months.

Suspended from pay possibly

Have you considered that he is simply a stupid motherfucker? Dude can hoop, but he's dumb as a pile of shit. 
This. Nothing about mental health or needing help. He's just a dumbass. Plenty of plenty like that in this world. His dad trying to fight Shannon Sharpe so it's not like he's going to talk any sense in him. And his posse won't because he's their meal ticket and they are all just yes men. But it's in their best interest to get him reigned in at some point or they will lose that meal ticket.

He grew up in the burbs and went to a private school. This isn't who he is. He got to Memphis and is trying too hard to emulate what he hears from their rappers like Yo Gotti, Young Dolph,etc. But those guys grew up like that and it's who they were. Ja is nothing more than Carlton on Fresh Prince when he went to the projects and turned into something he wasn't. Ja is a poser clown.

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Watching this play out I feel pretty confident saying that none of this is related to any kind of mental illness. Well at least not until a psychiatrist decides to label messing around and finding out a syndrome. Morant is just your average clownfraud trying to emulate a lifestyle he does not know the first thing about.

Morant is getting a year off without pay and maybe more than that. If Stern were still alive and running the show he’d be banished permanently. Silver gives him a year away I think, but his actions deserve at least two years worth of being told to kick rocks and ply your trade in Europe or China.

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

Nike is going to drop him.

They're going to have to think about it. If Memphis was in the WCF, it wouldn't even be a discussion. But, between this and only getting to air his new shoe commercial for like a week in the postseason, he may not be worth the headache.

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

No one's ever confused the general pool of NBA players, or any pro sports players for that matter, with being rhodes scholars.  But if nothing else, they generally seem to have a grasp of what it takes to stay out of the news off the court to keep the big paychecks coming until they physically break down.

There's no doubt that Ja is a dummy but it's wild as fuck that in the same country where politicos routinely cosplay as Rambo for their holiday pics Ja's instances of performing the same act of feigning toughness by way of a firearm is going to cost him a cool $60 million.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Nothing about mental health or needing help. He's just a dumbass. Grew up in burbs, went to private school.  Ja is nothing more than Carlton on Fresh Prince when he went to the projects and turned into something he wasn't. Ja is a poser clown.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

There's no doubt that Ja is a dummy but it's wild as fuck that in the same country where politicos routinely cosplay as Rambo for their holiday pics Ja's instances of performing the same act of feigning toughness by way of a firearm is going to cost him a cool $60 million.

If your boss tells you to change your personal behavior because you are setting a bad example and you fail to do so then you deserve the finding out part of the messing around chart. He’s about to be cosplaying with water guns after his giant payday is withheld for an entire season.

14 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

If your boss tells you to change your personal behavior because you are setting a bad example and you fail to do so then you deserve the finding out part of the messing around chart. He’s about to be cosplaying with water guns after his giant payday is withheld for an entire season.

No one's questioning that. I'm more or less referring to the dichotomy within the cultural zeitgeist that exist where the nba feels compelled to punish this behavior for the benefit of their product while other entities celebrate this machismo by by way of firearm for the benefit of their product. And dont get it twisted.  It's the exact same behavior.  Using a gun as a representation of one's toughness. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

If he was at the gun range or in the woods this probably isn't an issue(location, location, location). But the NBA is about image and I guess that's not the image they want. 

I'm sure there are a few guys in the league who shoot/hunt. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they posted range pics.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

No one's questioning that. I'm more or less referring to the dichotomy within the cultural zeitgeist that exist where the nba feels compelled to punish this behavior for the benefit of their product while other entities celebrate this machismo by by way of firearm for the benefit of their product. And dont get it twisted.  It's the exact same behavior.  Using a gun as a representation of one's toughness. 

I mean I understand this and it’s a bit of a mind-bender thinking about how the same thing is celebrated by a different segment of the populace. Anyone that needs to use a gun to show some level of toughness is the exact opposite of that. The NBA just cannot send a message to their fans, many of which are really young, that this is an acceptable way to conduct yourself. Personally I would give him or any other player the Roy Tarpley treatment for repeat stupidity like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

It all deserves ridicule in my eyes.  And Ja 

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If he was at the gun range or in the woods this probably isn't an issue(location, location, location). But the NBA is about image and I guess that's not the image they want. 

I'm sure there are a few guys in the league who shoot/hunt. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they posted range pics.

What about Family Christmas photos? 😀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

It all deserves ridicule in my eyes.  And Ja 

What about Family Christmas photos? 😀

The Christmas photos are cheesy as F and not something I would do. But their employers(voters) seem to be okay with it. While Ja's employers(NBA) are not. And that's basically what it boils down to. I'm sure there is some kind of morals clause for stuff like this. Now if Ja wants to go be a regular old truck driver so he can post all the gun pics he wants, he can.

I get where you are going and he does have a right to lawfully exercise his 2nd Amendment rights. Maybe Ja and the NRA should do a collab. I just want him to stop putting his business on social media like a clown.

35 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

https://andscape.com/features/its-ok-to-be-different-spurs-forward-keldon-johnson-feels-at-home-outdoors/amp/

That seems to be an acceptable way to show what you enjoying doing in your free time.

• Hook 'Em 1

I let my homeboys know, y'all want to keep rolling like this, then I need to know who gonna be the fall guy, who's going to be driving. Y'all not going to all do the right stuff now. So I've got to teach you how to get around all this stuff, too. If you're going to have a crew, one of them fools got to know he going to jail. We'll get him out. ... If you're going to have a crew, make sure they understand, can't nothing happen to you. Your name can't be in lights, under no circumstances. You all understand that?

-Cris Carter

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

No one's ever confused the general pool of NBA players, or any pro sports players for that matter, with being rhodes scholars.  But if nothing else, they generally seem to have a grasp of what it takes to stay out of the news off the court to keep the big paychecks coming until they physically break down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myron_Rolle

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Watching this play out I feel pretty confident saying that none of this is related to any kind of mental illness. Well at least not until a psychiatrist decides to label messing around and finding out a syndrome. Morant is just your average clownfraud trying to emulate a lifestyle he does not know the first thing about.

Morant is getting a year off without pay and maybe more than that. If Stern were still alive and running the show he’d be banished permanently. Silver gives him a year away I think, but his actions deserve at least two years worth of being told to kick rocks and ply your trade in Europe or China.

Dude's a dumbass but no way this warrant a year long suspension. That's like beating up a spouse, gambling on hoops, type stuff. Making a stupid IG Live post that looks bad without breaking any laws or anyone getting hurt? Double the last fine, miss 10 games, move one.

25 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Dude's a dumbass but no way this warrant a year long suspension. That's like beating up a spouse, gambling on hoops, type stuff. Making a stupid IG Live post that looks bad without breaking any laws or anyone getting hurt? Double the last fine, miss 10 games, move one.

Yeah, he aint missing a year. I'm guessing his suspension will be 10 games, 20 games max. As mentioned above, there's not a tremendous amount of difference between our idiot politician's christmas cards and Ja's instagram live appearances. Well.... besides the observable difference in melanin levels. 

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Doc Rivers….

2003: Blown 3-1 lead

2009: Blown 3-2 lead

2010: Blown 3-2 lead

2012: Blown 3-2 lead

2015: Blown 3-1 lead

2016: Blown 2-0 lead

2017: Blown 2-1 lead

2020: Blown 3-1 lead

2021: Blown 3-2 lead

2023: Blown 3-2 lead

Doc Rivers doesn't take, make, or miss shots. 

And he doesn't usually have the more talented team. 

9 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Thinking Silver won’t be quite as forgiving.  Reading half a season is possible

12 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep, and I'm sure the people from the Christmas photos will vehemently defend Ja's rights, lmao.

• Haha 2

This is a great breakdown of Game 7 of the Celtics/76ers series. I noticed a few times yesterday that the 76ers were very bunched up on one side, and I thought that was really unusual. Most teams have their 3 point guys in opposite corners to spread out the defense, but the Philly had Tucker and Maxey on the same side several times that prohibited proper kickouts. It also lead to some really dumb possessions where doubling Embiid was no big deal, because he had no one to pass to. You would think someone on the team or staff would notice this and clean it up during a timeout, but apparently it happened a lot. Just awful coaching there, you gotta dump Doc and get someone with some sense. The adjustment of gluing Horford to Embiid also paid off, and completely nullified the 'MVP'. It pretty incredible that the 76ers couldn't adjust at all for these little things during the 2nd half of a game 7. 

13 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

The Christmas photos are cheesy as F and not something I would do. But their employers(voters) seem to be okay with it. While Ja's employers(NBA) are not. And that's basically what it boils down to. I'm sure there is some kind of morals clause for stuff like this. Now if Ja wants to go be a regular old truck driver so he can post all the gun pics he wants, he can.

I get where you are going and he does have a right to lawfully exercise his 2nd Amendment rights. Maybe Ja and the NRA should do a collab. I just want him to stop putting his business on social media like a clown.

I guess the question is was Ja breaking any laws in the scrip club photos?  I've heard Shotgun Wi9llie's is fun btw.

He's blown three 3-1 leads. That's bad. Coach is supposed to put his team in the best position to win. He doesn't. Quite a few 3-2 blown leads too, just like this year.

46 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
12 hours ago, Slacks said:

He's blown three 3-1 leads. That's bad. Coach is supposed to put his team in the best position to win. He doesn't. Quite a few 3-2 blown leads too, just like this year.

You have to subtract anything involving the Clippers. Why? Cause it's the fucking Clippers.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WJC88 said:

You have to subtract anything involving the Clippers. Why? Cause it's the fucking Clippers.

If the 92 Dream Team wore Clippers jerseys in the Olympics, Angola would have beaten them by 20. The JV team in LA is just a cursed/comically run franchise. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Dad seems like an enabler.  They were a normal family until the nba

Not a widely spoken opinion but that seems accurate.  I didn't know his dad traveled to every road game until I saw him get tossed against OKC and his dad was there.  Then he tried to fight Shannon Sharpe or something.

Contrarian opinion here but if there was some white player with pics of him and hunting rifles, would the outrage be the same?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Not a widely spoken opinion but that seems accurate.  I didn't know his dad traveled to every road game until I saw him get tossed against OKC and his dad was there.  Then he tried to fight Shannon Sharpe or something.

Contrarian opinion here but if there was some white player with pics of him and hunting rifles, would the outrage be the same?

Probably not.  

25 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I think it’s how he’s going about displaying guns. He was told not to do this and he did it again anyhow. The NBA is very image conscious, but is also the most socially advanced pro league in America and perhaps the world. If a white player brandished a pistol I would see the same suspension being handed down. Adam Silver is not going to tolerate this kind of stuff from any player now that Morant crossed a giant red line.

I can again point to Keldon Johnson and how he has gone about the enjoyment he has with hunting rifles as well as guns he shoots at that range in San Antone. There is zero outrage about that because he is being RESPONSIBLE and has ingratiated himself to the outdoor community there. Morant is glamorizing having a gun to show toughness he does not otherwise possess. 

Reminder, the NBA Draft Lottery will be Tuesday night at 7pm CST, just before the Lakers/Nuggets game. There's a 31% chance Wemby ends up playing for a team in Texas, which is pretty cool.  It's going to be interesting to see what happens. 

NBA Draft Lottery team odds for No. 1 pick

Detroit Pistons: 14 percent

Houston Rockets: 14 percent

San Antonio Spurs: 14 percent

Charlotte Hornets: 12.5 percent

Portland Trail Blazers: 10.5 percent

Orlando Magic: 9 percent

Indiana Pacers: 6.8 percent

Washington Wizards: 6.7 percent

Utah Jazz: 4.5 percent

Dallas Mavericks: 3 percent

Chicago Bulls: 1.8 percent