TX Governor Debate Friday 7pm

StassneyHorn

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You could easily get a full BINGO card with all the right wing talking points Abbott will throw out. Fentanyl, open borders, BLM, Defund The Police, take your AR-15s, Joe Biden's America, making Texas like California. 

Abbott could literally say all of those things and nothing more, and even if Beto brought out a surprise recording of Abbott making fun of the kids murdered in Uvalde, it wouldn't matter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

32 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You could easily get a full BINGO card with all the right wing talking points Abbott will throw out. Fentanyl, open borders, BLM, Defund The Police, take your AR-15s, Joe Biden's America, making Texas like California. 

And it's impossible to predict what points Beto will bring up

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'm hoping for some Mayor Peter ability/quality of ignoring the barbs and turning it back on hot wheels with facts. 

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Abbott better be quick on his feet.

58 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not sure Abbott will be able to find a leg to stand on in this debate.

Abbott will dance around the issues and run away from Beto's attempts to drag him into an ass kicking contest.

• Haha 1

“Governor, for 26 years, over half my life, you’ve been a Texas Supreme Court Justice, the Texas Attorney General, or the Texas Governor.  If you can’t fix all of the problems you complain about in over 20 years, how many more years do you think you need, and can you tell the people of Texas why you haven’t been able to fix them in in the last 20 years?”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

You've got Patrick running from being served, Cruz running to Cancun, and Gov Wheelie running from his constituents. Why is everyone in the Texas GOP a bitch made cunt? 
That's the brand and it keeps working? Wrap Bacon around an AR =own libs for life, no matter how bad you suck at your job.

4 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
3 hours ago, Blotto said:
You've got Patrick running from being served, Cruz running to Cancun, and Gov Wheelie running from his constituents. Why is everyone in the Texas GOP a bitch made cunt? 

That's the brand and it keeps working? Wrap Bacon around an AR =own libs for life, no matter how bad you suck at your job.

As someone wrote earlier, these men aren’t just running. They’re bravely running.

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Man I really hope Beto has gotten better at this kind of thing. No reason he shouldn’t embarrass that creep.

I know a reason: he’s not that guy, and he’ll make it about himself and his feelings, well intentioned as he is, and all the people who see it will agree that he seems nice and then do or not do whatever they were doing before. More importantly- the people who don’t watch it tonight won’t seek out highlights because nothing worthy of their attention will happen. 

Sorry. I like Beto and I’m voting for him, but at some point you are what your record says you are.

• Rage+1 1

Abbot saying Beto's name Bet-O is pretty weird 

Just now, Gil Bang said:

Fucking cocksucker needs to address his opponent as "Mr. O'Roarke", not by his first name.

Yeah and he sounds like he's saying Beto wrong on purpose 

15 minutes in and it's so bad that I may consider watching Blonde on Netflix again. One of the worse films ever made.

Politicians suck, all of them, including these 2 clowns tonight. A trust-fund loser and an out-of-touch shit-ass, both of which just blame the other, over and over, without pointing out why they should lead the state. 

I continue to hate all politicians and shit like this seals the deal, again.

The only winner in this is Dennis de la Pena, who gets to sleep with Sally Hernandez. God bless him.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Can someone give a loose play by play can’t stream here in mx

Abbott is trying to blame illegal immigration on Biden's "open borders policy" and he accused Beto of wanting to perpetuate it.  Abbott also said that the bussing stunt was actually in response to pleas from local city governments to assist them with the overwhelming flood of immigrants that they weren't equipped to handle.  More lies forthcoming.

Annnnnnd, it's the mental health, not the guns, obv.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Holy shit, Beto is peppering this fool.

On guns: I'm doing this for those families in Uvalde, many of whom drove 5 hours to be here tonight.  Of course, they can't be here because of the Governor's conditions...

That was an absolutely fantastic response by Beto.  Fuck Abbott.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1