TX Governor Debate Friday 7pm

StassneyHorn

Just now, chainsaw said:

I like this moderation and the "explain this clip" debate format. Wish they did it all the time for all races.

Absolutely.

Politicians always quote each other to try to tear each other down.  Just show the clip and ask the person who said it to defend it.

I swear, politics wouldn't be the back-and-forth shitfest that it is if journalists would ask the tough questions.

• Hook 'Em 2

"You've been Governor for more than 7 years.  Why is crime up?"

"Austin defunded its police department and Beto doesn't say anything about that.  In Texas, we support our law enforcement officers, period.  And easy bail policy is to blame."

This fucking guy...

I mean, he damn near said, "Look, I did the best I could to lock up all those criminals, but the Democrats cut my police force and let all those ni-, I mean criminals back out to commit more crimes and it hurts my stats!"

Motherfucker.

Edited by TexArcher

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

The TRS is enormous and has plenty to pay the CoL adjustment. 

Yes.  I'm a financial advisor and I used to work with teachers.  I did seminars on TRS and knew every inch of that program including the financials.  It has never, ever not been soluble enough to be able to afford a freaking COLA.  Abbott could actually claim some credit for that if the program had done what it could absolutely afford to do, if he'd only just given a little bit of a shit about human beings.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

abbott discussing his responsibility on the crime rate -  blah, blah but austin !!!! blah but houston !!!! (never answered the question)

abbott answering if he's gone too far right - blah blah im a catholic and adopted a kid !!! (never answered the question)

beto - let's legal marijuana !

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

"I will never raise property taxes"

followed immediately by

"Property taxes are assessed at the local level"

How does anyone not spot the horseshit??

The same people who spout thought and prayers after a bad event

• Rage+1 1