TX Governor Debate Friday 7pm

StassneyHorn

Here's the thing:  This was a REALLY REALLY shitty debate format.  Too short. 

An underdog like Beto needed to call hotwheels a liar straight up, and he should have, at every opportunity, said "Governor Abbott is lying to Texans right now.   Go to Beto.com and we will have documented proof of his multiple failures" or something like that.  Abbott was already puckered in the asshole; it would have gotten a lot worse, and Beto's website may have gotten some traffic. 

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Of 33 undecideds from the group, 26 felt comfortable enough in saying who they support now and 7 on the fence. Abbot won 3, Beto won 23. 11.5% v 88.5%.

If some Texans would even have a half of a open mind, they would most likely find they have much more in common with Beto’s ideals than Abbott’s. But they don’t have an open mind.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Of 33 undecideds from the group, 26 felt comfortable enough in saying who they support now and 7 on the fence. Abbot won 3, Beto won 23. 11.5% v 88.5%.

It matters not even a little bit.  Texans with gravy-stained T shirts will never, ever, vote D.  Abbott will win comfortably.  

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

No…

his paralysis extends to his asshole?   Because he sure seemed nervous.  

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m pretty sure he’s a complete para

OK Doc, I'll defer to you on this subject. 

But, his asshole was clenched in the metaphorical sense. 

12 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

There is no jumbo size chocolate bar that could cure the menstruation occurring with the chicken littles in this thread. 

You're referring to those that think Abbott could lose I hope. 

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

They are and Abbott knows it and understands the distinction, knowing full well that most Texans won’t. California has 11 AAU schools. Texas has 3.

Texas has exactly 2 schools i would ever consider paying to send any of my kids to.  Cali has 8 or 9.   Texas is not even in the same zip code when compared to Cali with respect to quality colleges 

33 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Texas has exactly 2 schools i would ever consider paying to send any of my kids to.  Cali has 8 or 9.   Texas is not even in the same zip code when compared to Cali with respect to quality colleges 

EDIT:  I'd bet that there's more than 8 or 9.  

Are you counting Harvey Mudd?  Pomona?  Cal Tech?  We've got a shitload of great schools here.

Yeah, our UC, Cal State, and Community College systems are the crown jewel of this state, as far as I'm concerned.  But, I've only lived here 58 years so what do I know?   We've got plenty of faults, but higher education isn't one of them.  

And our privates are outstanding too. Really really great small privates. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, our UC, Cal State, and Community College systems are the crown jewel of this state, as far as I'm concerned.  But, I've only lived here 58 years so what do I know?   We've got plenty of faults, but higher education isn't one of them.  

We have high property taxes, highest rate of uninsured children, a 27 billion dollar surplus, a broken grid and low taxes Take that, California.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Just got back from a trip to Orange Co. Lotta fucking Trump flags still.

Saw a few LGB / FJB shirts, at Disneyland...

You can chunk rocks at us, but mind your own glass.

When you say "Orange Co." you mean Huntington Beach, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sure, the beach at Huntington was ground zero, and possibly more flags than the Texas coast, but also Newport and Balboa. Even saw a truck with Trump flags cruising Palm Springs on a Sunday. I'm sure he swayed some gays to switch parties.

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Sure, the beach at Huntington was ground zero, and possibly more flags than the Texas coast, but also Newport and Balboa. Even saw a truck with Trump flags cruising Palm Springs on a Sunday. I'm sure he swayed some gays to switch parties.

Yeah, you need to know that Huntington is the Florida of California.  Anybody in Newport/Balboa was a HB overflow.  
In Palm Springs, that was simply a fag hater trying to start trouble.   And when you say "cruising" Palm Springs, you're probably correct.  Those anti-gay Trumpkins love to suck strange cock behind the Chevron Station.  But hey, at least they're not "fruits", right? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

it don't make a shit.  Texas gonna Texas.  Abbott will win comfortably.    Cornyn will be re-elected, as will Cruz.   The state will go 65-35 for Trump in 2024. 

Voter engagement in Texas has improved since Trump beat Biden 52%-46% in 2020. That was without Dems spending a penny in Texas.

Yeah, you need to know that Huntington is the Florida of California.  Anybody in Newport/Balboa was a HB overflow.  
In Palm Springs, that was simply a fag hater trying to start trouble.   And when you say "cruising" Palm Springs, you're probably correct.  Those anti-gay Trumpkins love to suck strange cock behind the Chevron Station.  But hey, at least they're not "fruits", right? 
I am fully aware. Point was more that California and Texas are more similar than we'd like to admit. I spend at least a month in Cali every year, all over the state. Lost coast, Bay Area, a few weeks a year in Santa Cruz, Hiking the Sierras, Tahoe, Orange Co, San Diego...

Lost Coast conservatives are like old school Easy Texas timber town conservatives where they focus on business and are polite. Huntington Beach trumpers want to fuck your feelings like Port A, Bakersfield is Lubbock.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Would it have been in bad taste for Beto to insist on using a standing podium instead of a desk?  Because that’s what I would have done if I were his campaign manager.

It would only be in bad taste had he insisted on the debate taking place in a forest. 

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

It matters not even a little bit.  Texans with gravy-stained T shirts will never, ever, vote D.  Abbott will win comfortably.  

You keep saying this sort of Debby downer shit like you're an expert on Texans. To Texans. You're a 58 year resident of Cali?

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 3

It’s very disheartening that the only TV coverage in DFW was on channel 33. Had to dig around on Google even to figure that out. 

While I’m guessing few of those who watched changed their minds on potential votes, anyone who did likely switched away from Abbott. Which is why:

1. He refused to agree to a live audience

2. So few eyes were exposed to his performance

3  Debate was limited to an hour

4. He wouldn’t agree to more than one debate. 

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

EDIT:  I'd bet that there's more than 8 or 9.  

Are you counting Harvey Mudd?  Pomona?  Cal Tech?  We've got a shitload of great schools here.

Yea I should have said “at least 8-9”.  My son is a senior and we just got back from touring central and southern CA schools.  Could only fit so much in a week but it there is absolutely no comparison to Texas.  Our Texas tour took one afternoon… Rice and UT.   Cali would take a month to see all the possibilities.

It’s very disheartening that the only TV coverage in DFW was on channel 33. Had to dig around on Google even to figure that out. 

While I’m guessing few of those who watched changed their minds on potential votes, anyone who did likely switched away from Abbott. Which is why:
1. He refused to agree to a live audience
2. So few eyes were exposed to his performance
3  Debate was limited to an hour
4. He wouldn’t agree to more than one debate. 

5. Scheduled during Friday Night HS football games.

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

99% of Texans will only see clips on social media. That's why the candidates rarely directly answered the questions but Beto's positions and the eventual answers were usually pretty clear.

Clear is required, but it’s not enough.  Beto doesn’t need clips. He needed spectacular OMG highlights.
He can’t just play fundamental half court. He has to nail a three, draw the foul, hit the free throw, steal the inbounds, dunk on Abbott, and step over him while talking shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Clear is required, but it’s not enough.  Beto doesn’t need clips. He needed spectacular OMG highlights.
He can’t just play fundamental half court. He has to nail a three, draw the foul, hit the free throw, steal the inbounds, dunk on Abbott, and step over him while talking shit.

He did all that. But if no one sees it did it really happen? For that matter, even IF Texas conservatives see it with their own eyes did it really happen?

43 minutes ago, Burt said:

He did all that. But if no one sees it did it really happen? For that matter, even IF Texas conservatives see it with their own eyes did it really happen?

Did he? 

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

way to set the bar high, bc.

I’m not setting the bar. This moment just calls for something else. 

4 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea I should have said “at least 8-9”.  My son is a senior and we just got back from touring central and southern CA schools.  Could only fit so much in a week but it there is absolutely no comparison to Texas.  Our Texas tour took one afternoon… Rice and UT.   Cali would take a month to see all the possibilities.

While it is true that we don’t value higher Ed in Texas, it’s inaccurate to suggest that there are only two good schools in the state. It’s quite possible to be good at your educational mission without being perceived as elite. Aggy was admitted to the AAU long before Dartmouth was. Those designations have much more to do with research expenditures than how well students are trained and educated.

30 minutes ago, Satchel said:

While it is true that we don’t value higher Ed in Texas, it’s inaccurate to suggest that there are only two good schools in the state. It’s quite possible to be good at your educational mission without being perceived as elite. Aggy was admitted to the AAU long before Dartmouth was. Those designations have much more to do with research expenditures than how well students are trained and educated.

Lol.  Aggy is not a viable option.

What I cant help but wonder is if that's how Abbott performs under the lights on tv, imagine how insufferable and whiny he is to work with behind closed doors. Probably rolls over people's feet on purpose when he gets upset. 

• Haha 2