NFL Week 4

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, that retrospect along with Twitter is something else.

You're picking a strange hill to die on here. He was questionable right up until game-time. Four days ago he suffered a "back" injury and clearly wasn't 100% when he came back into the game. Widespread speculation is that he probably suffered a concussion to some degree. Two concussions in 5 days is not good. That sack was rough but I'm not sure that a QB playing at 100% responds that way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Head and neck injury heading to level 1 trauma center. That’s not good 

doesn't mean anything. he would automatically be going to a tertiary care center, most likely the University Hospital which is almost always a Level I trauma center. this is a matter of routine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

You're picking a strange hill to die on here. He was questionable right up until game-time. Four days ago he suffered a "back" injury and clearly wasn't 100% when he came back into the game. Widespread speculation is that he probably suffered a concussion to some degree. Two concussions in 5 days is not good. That sack was rough but I'm not sure that a QB playing at 100% responds that way. 

Ok. Most senile NFL organizations that are 3-0 to start a season don't place a shit ton of significance to starting 3-1 if, that's if, it comes to jeopardizing its most valuable asset over the next 13 games. Again, emphasis on senile. I'll defer to the Dolphins on making the call. Any QB, healthy or otherwise, that took that shot tonight would have been carted out. End of story. If it can be proved that Tagovailoa was already in (serious) jeopardy before he took that snap, then the Miami organization should pay.

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Have to agree with @ztejas here. That was a hard hit to the head, but it didn't seem crazy bad ... makes me suspect his brain was still healing from last week's "back" injury.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ok. Most senile NFL organizations that are 3-0 to start a season don't place a shit ton of significance to starting 3-1 if, that's if, it comes to jeopardizing its most valuable asset over the next 13 games. Again, emphasis on senile. I'll defer to the Dolphins on making the call. Any QB, healthy or otherwise, that took that shot tonight would have been carted out. End of story. If it can be proved that Tagovailoa was already in (serious) jeopardy before he took that snap, then the Miami organization should pay.

Well this was Tua last game after what the Dolphins said was just back injury. Is it proof positive of a concussion? watch and tell me ….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Well this was Tua last game after what the Dolphins said was just back injury. Is it proof positive of a concussion? watch and tell me ….

It really doesn’t matter either way, an improperly treated back injury with too quick of a return is just as inexcusable.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I imagine the right/wrong kind of back injury could cause a player to be wobbly like that. Could be legit. But there's going to be a lot of finger pointing by fake experts all over the internet for the next several days, at least. And they could accidentally be right. 

If not the Dolphins medical staff, it could swing the scrutiny on the NFL's approved concussion protocol procedures, for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

It really doesn’t matter either way, an improperly treated back injury with too quick of a return is just as inexcusable.

Playing on Sunday then playing again on Thursday regardless of injury is fucking stupid in a sport like football. Why can’t the NFL schedule Thursday games with teams that just had a bye week? 

• Hook 'Em 2

And he’s right, just shaking his head after that blow trying to clear the cobwebs should of been caught, I’ve seen less caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

No argument at all. If any injury doesn't have the right oversight, ingrown toenail, back injury of whatever, then there's a problem. If the Dolphins truly, with one simple game n question, chose to play Tagovailoa when it should have not, then someone has to answer. There are a lot of parties involved - NFLPA, player's agent, otherwise - that should be able to intercede. If none of them can trump the organization, one that still chooses to play someone when his health is in jeopardy, then you have a problem bigger than the game itself.  

1 minute ago, BrickTop said:

And he’s right, just shaking his head after that blow trying to clear the cobwebs should of been caught, I’ve seen less caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I sometimes do that after I pee. 

And just being thrown in a different direction suddenly and stopped suddenly can mess with inner ear fluids to cause dizzyness without a concussion. 

But it is certainly compelling.