NFL Week 4

shadow_operative2.0

10 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Well on pure speculation you’re right, but combine that with the hit he took and it’s easier to come to a conclusion, repeated missed concussions are kind of a big deal, it’s one of the factors leading to CTE.

It definitely seems like a strong possibility. 

2 minutes ago, MrBig said:

It makes me sick to think that if this happened 30+ years ago, it would be a big selling point for NFL’s Football Follies series.

Like my dad used to say, the human body was not meant for football.

Dad was a doctor who loved football.

3 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Tua seems like a genuinely good dude, but is also snakebit with freak injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea I have never heard or read anything bad about the guy. 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Tyreek Hill is incredible. 

what a catch

How did the Toxins not pick up Teddy Bridgewater????

5 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Tua seems like a genuinely good dude, but is also snakebit with freak injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Def one of the few bammer guys I root for hope he's alright

12 hours ago, 'stache said:

Why don’t these idiots just throw the fucking ball away or tuck it and take the sack. 

We all make fun of the midget, but even in his college days he was the king of not taking those types of hits.  YES, it happens to him, but it seemed like he knew/knows when the boom was coming and almost always finds a way to avoid it. 

13 hours ago, 'stache said:

Why don’t these idiots just throw the fucking ball away or tuck it and take the sack. One play and maybe a few yards isn’t worth it. You’ll get more plays. Too many of these guys just refuse and get fucked up like this unnecessarily.

This. I think he probably shouldn't have been playing in the first place. I watched him hit his head and stumble around on Sunday. You're not gonna tell me that i didn't watch a guy get a concussion.

But god damn man. Watching the replay, if he simply accepts the sack and goes down, this doesn't happen. It astounds me how many NFL QBs try to wildly throw the fucking ball while they are in the motion of being sacked. Because he did that, he put his body in the most vulnerable position possible to have his head slammed into the turf.

I agree with you and at some point the player has to protect themselves. And they don’t, either by how they play or by deciding to play.

Even if the team docs and independent brain folks say they are cleared the player is the only one in his body. And too often they are their own worst enemy. I get it. The NFL is the story of Wally Pipp every week. But they have to not scramble their brains. Once these star they don’t end. Tua is going to likely have issues going forward.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

We all make fun of the midget, but even in his college days he was the king of not taking those types of hits.  YES, it happens to him, but it seemed like he knew/knows when the boom was coming and almost always finds a way to avoid it. 

Spencer Sanders finally started doing this last year. A bunch of his turnover issues were from dancing around and fumbling or throwing a stupid pass to the other team. He was also getting injured too much. He now throws it away, slides, runs out of bounds, or if necessary tucks in and takes the sack. It's improved his game tremendously. I'm always surprised to see these guys not do that when they make the pro level. They are too valuable both contract wise and as the only player that touches the ball every play to risk these injuries to avoid losing a few yards on a single play. This should be the first day of coaching school, tell your QB to stop doing stupid unnecessarily risky shit.