OU @ TCU 11 am CT ABC (sat)

ztejas

OU -6.0

Fairly tough rebound game for the Sooners having to travel to FW to face what looks like an improved TCU squad. 

I don't think the frogs are that great yet but they seem more competent on O and Duggan has looked good. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by ztejas

• ztejas changed the title to OU @ TCU 11 am CT ABC (sat)
  • Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife and I had planned on going until that abortion happened last week in Norman. Said fuck it I’ll stay home and drink and watch in tv. Saves me from driving back from Ft worth all pissed off. I just don’t see how they bounce back after getting bullied on our own field. I will lay some cheddar on the frogs and hope I am wrong. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Wife and I had planned on going until that abortion happened last week in Norman. Said fuck it I’ll stay home and drink and watch in tv. Saves me from driving back from Ft worth all pissed off. I just don’t see how they bounce back after getting bullied on our own field. I will lay some cheddar on the frogs and hope I am wrong. 

6 feels like a lot to me as does what Texas is getting against WVU. OU has played much better than they did last week, though. 

14 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

abortion last week in Norman. Said fuck it I’ll stay home and drink and watch on tv. Saves me from driving back from Foat Wuth all pissed off.  I will lay some cheddar on the frogs and hope I am wrong. 

Betting on the toads and Duggan???

giphy.gif

"I Like It"  😋 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 2

They always get pushed around by K State at home, and then they magically don’t lose again all year. I think TCU is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

They always get pushed around by K State at home, and then they magically don’t lose again all year. I think TCU is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They lost @ISU the week after losing to K State in 2020. And dropped 2 conference games last season. 

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

We’re going to kick their ass. 

Per the Ikard-Lehman podcast, the TCU OL is bad. Venables, historically and this year, has punished bad OLs. Per the same podcast, TCU's defense is trash, basically at all three levels. The Frogs are 94th in defensive FEI this week.

Sooners 56-21.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, quigley said:

Per the Ikard-Lehman podcast, the TCU OL is bad. Venables, historically and this year, has punished bad OLs. Per the same podcast, TCU's defense is trash, basically at all three levels. The Frogs are 94th in defensive FEI this week.

Sooners 56-21.

Bruh! Their QB is pretty mobile, that is why has killed us. If we only give up 21 points this weekend I will jerk off

2 hours ago, quigley said:

Sooners 56-21.

So according to an OU podcast their offense and defense is both terrible and OU should win convincingly. 

1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

Bruh! Their QB is pretty mobile, that is why has killed us. If we only give up 21 points this weekend I will jerk off

The difference is between late pressure with blitzers who didn't get home and early pressure rushing 4.

Against KSt, OU rushed 4 or more and got zero sacks and few pressures on Martinez, who had his best game ever, outrunning OU DBs and dropping dimes.

Gabe and Teddy were comparing TCU's OL to Nebbs. IF the Frogs OL is that bad, the Sooners should be able to flush Duggan early. It'll be up to OU's LBs/safeties to clean up.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So according to an OU podcast their offense and defense is both terrible and OU should win convincingly. 

The hosts are homers but are balanced. They've picked against OU and stated that the KSt game was a pick'em.

The Frogs advanced numbers are bad too. SP+ has OU -10, and FEI has OU -14. 

They seem to match up poorly versus OU. I believe OU's average to good at all three levels on defense, but average DL should be enough vs TCU. If OU DL doesn't win the line, TCU's skill position strength may dominate. and my assumptions would recalibrate.

OU's offense has been good every game. TCU's defense doesn't match up well.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Martinez played arguably his best game of his career last weekend..Deuce Vaughn is well Deuce Vaughn... TCU doesn't have that. OU -6 is "FREE" money this week. Can't let TCUs wins against bad Colorado and SMU teams cloud the judgement. I don't see how TCU keeps this one close.

TCU is plenty dangerous on O granted they don't pass block very well. If Duggan plays like he did last week they'll move the ball. 

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

They seem to match up poorly versus OU.

I'm just messing with you. That could be right. If we get vintage Duggan I'm not liking TCU's chances. I think the real question going in is how much is this TCU team going to improve week to week if any? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

^^^^^^^

I'm just kidding by the way, I don't actually root for injuries on ANY team...

Nobody will ever make me feel bad for being just fine with career ending injuries for Sooners that completely heal as soon as their eligibility expires and don't affect their long-term health. I might even wish for them sometimes. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Nobody will ever make me feel bad for being just fine with career ending injuries for Sooners that completely heal as soon as their eligibility expires and don't affect their long-term health. I might even wish for them sometimes. 

I’m not one for wishing injury, but I wouldn’t mind Bijan getting kidnapped next weekend. He could be returned safely back home on Sunday. Celtic Pride style.

DD49B5EA-E0CA-48A1-806B-93FA76A169BA.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Martinez played arguably his best game of his career last weekend.

Imma wait until after 11/5/22 to make that kind of final proclamation.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

It happens.

5b16e373c3e70.image.jpg?crop=1002,901,8,

TCU has only beaten OU once in B12. I’d love to see it but am not holding my breath. 
Frogs OL is getting more grief than they deserve. They’re an experienced group, and Duggan knows how to play behind them. Duggan looks to have improved under Dykes. He’s always been mobile, and if he can play error free in the air, frogs should be fine on O. They have weapons at WR and RB. 

The worry going into this season was DL and LB. Frogs changed defensive schemes and it always takes a few years to recruit the athletes needed to fit a scheme change. And Frogs DL was hot garbage last year. Similarly, LB really fell off the last few years under GP and the GP LBs are not the same type of athletes as in a traditional defense.  People are probably going to exploit that all year.

My family and I will be there, but I’m not optimistic, based mostly on history. We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

OU sux but B12 sure seems to go out of their way to fuck OU with 11 am games.

11am games are great if you are a road opponent looking to get up, kick ass and bounce back from a tough loss.  No sense waiting around all day if you are OU and are not playing in front of your home crowd.

And the B12 fucking OU.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

11am games are great if you are a road opponent looking to get up, kick ass and bounce back from a tough loss.  No sense waiting around all day if you are OU and are not playing in front of your home crowd.

And the B12 fucking OU.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Referring to impact on fans tailgating.