OU @ TCU 11 am CT ABC (sat)

ztejas

5 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

next week, ou will look like the '85 Chicago Bears.

Well the current tradition is to lose in heart breaking fashion at the end. If we get killed that would at least put us out of our misery early. But that hasn't happened since the days of Mack.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Well the current tradition is to lose in heart breaking fashion at the end. If we get killed that would at least put us out of our misery early. But that hasn't happened since the days of Mack.

Perhaps they will play well and win the game. Wouldn’t that be so nice and enjoyable for you?  Let’s all use our positive thoughts!

Edited by hookemATL

Just now, hookemATL said:

Perhaps they will play well and win the game. Wouldn’t that be so nice and enjoyable for you?  Let’s all use our positive thoughts!

I always think they will win somehow. That is why I keep watching!

I was just pointing out that getting steamrolled by OU hasn't been a thing for a long time. Even Chuck and Tom could get their teams up for OU. Mack is really our only coach in our modern history whose teams would show up tight and scared to play OU.

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

That's the sad thing about Bonds. He was the best player in baseball before steroids, he just wasn't a home run hitter.

He was a home run hitter just not like the roided up freaks were. He only hit them out at a normal hall of fame pace not a beating Hank Aaron one.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

He was a home run hitter just not like the roided up freaks were. He only hit them out at a normal hall of fame pace not a beating Hank Aaron one.

Yeah, he had 494 HR before he apparently started the PEDs and broke baseball from 2001-2004. He wasn’t just a HR hitter. He was going to hit 500+ easily, and probably would have gotten to 600. (Actually Aaron is probably a good comparison - he never hit 50, but was in the 30s and 40s every damn year for a long time.)

Wait what thread is this?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah, he had 494 HR before he apparently started the PEDs and broke baseball from 2001-2004. He wasn’t just a HR hitter. He was going to hit 500+ easily, and probably would have gotten to 600. (Actually Aaron is probably a good comparison - he never hit 50, but was in the 30s and 40s every damn year for a long time.)

Wait what thread is this?

Any excuse to talk baseball!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, quigley said:

OU was down 34-10 when Gabriel went out. If Bowman was that important, why was he returning kickoffs?

Idk your team well enough to know that, but clearly there were some major deficiencies in the secondary. But, we have that in common…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

They did that in 2005.  Pissed me off.

Um yeah.  I was at a TN tailgate.  They were playing GA.  Friends bought my wife and me tickets.  She got mad because I wouldn't leave the TX game early.  My extremely drunk ass proceeded to recruit a group of about 15 sorority girls to join me at the tailgate and watch TX until the switch.  I then followed some railroad tracks to the Vol game and proceeded to Hook 'Em for an entire half of football not containing TX.

/csb and good times

• Hook 'Em 5

15 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Great to see OU whiff on a coaching hire 

Venables hired a JV level coaching staff.

Their defensive struggles are not surprising when they have Ted Roof, Jay Valai, a Clemson GA, and another position coach from Troy. They made 1 good hire on the defensive staff and every other hire was bad.