Six Season and a Movie is Finally Happening

Js1

'Community' Movie Is Finally Happening, at Peacock - Variety

No Glover, Nicole Brown or Chase

Pop, pop the champagne: Maybe it’s not the darkest timeline after all, as “six seasons and a movie” is finally becoming reality. Peacock has ordered a movie based on the Dan Harmon comedy “Community,” bringing back original stars Joel McHale, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Gillian Jacobs, Jim Rash and Ken Jeong to check in on what the gang from Greendale has been up to since the show ended in 2015.

Without sharing specifics, Peacock and Sony Pictures TV, which jointly announced the greenlight on Friday, described the negotiations for Peacock to secure the movie as “heavily competitive.” As part of the deal, Peacock has also acquired non-exclusive rights to the full six-season “Community” library, which can also be found on Netflix and Hulu.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Viper said:

I thought I remembered only 5 seasons, when did the 6th come out?

It was a Yahoo tv exclusive. It was different but I still enjoyed it. I never liked Chevy's character, never understood if we were supposed to like him or hate him, I just flat out hated everything about him. Glover disappeared halfway through and it was still a good show so it'll be fine. Not sure why Brown is out, she was funny, but not critical to the chemistry. I suspect it will be well done.

18 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Is it really community with Glover or Brown? I mean, Chase was very meh in it. 

As mean as he was, as unlikable as his character could be, and how his role diminished as the show went on, his first couple of seasons were outstanding. He almost won an Emmy for them and I think history will be kind irt his performance.

14 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

She's got a current show on Disney+ so might have been a contract issue. And disagree, Shirley was crucial to the chemistry. If anything, she was the glue of the group.

I think Abed was the glue.

Also think season 6 was very underrated and all the replacement characters, Frankie, Hickey, and Elroy, were great additions who were underrated.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just stop screwing around and bring back the original cast. 

Can somebody break down Glover? It seems like the awards have gone to his head and the guy thinks he’s Mozart reincarnated. He is extremely talented, but he’s not too good for Community. 

Chevy is an asshole and maybe sexist/racist. That’s gotta be hard when you’re pulling 14-16 hours on set, but Pierce was pretty damned funny. 

Brown just feels like a bad beat. Different times, but AMC/notorious dickhead Matt Weiner let Allison Brie dip out from Mad Men to go shoot Community episodes. There’s gotta be a compromise here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Just stop screwing around and bring back the original cast. 

Can somebody break down Glover? It seems like the awards have gone to his head and the guy thinks he’s Mozart reincarnated. He is extremely talented, but he’s not too good for Community. 

Chevy is an asshole and maybe sexist/racist. That’s gotta be hard when you’re pulling 14-16 hours on set, but Pierce was pretty damned funny. 

Brown just feels like a bad beat. Different times, but AMC/notorious dickhead Matt Weiner let Allison Brie dip out from Mad Men to go shoot Community episodes. There’s gotta be a compromise here. 

Chevy probably wasn’t invited. I can see them getting Brown to give in. Glover probably thinks he’s too big. 

I don't get the Chevy hate at all.  He was funny on this show.  Even if he didn't exactly get the show when he was on it or get along with Harmon, Pierce's character was great and the show suffered after he left.  

I'll definitely watch this, but I hope they're doing it because they actually have a good, funny idea that adds to the overall experience of the show and aren't just doing it to fulfill some 10-year-old meme.  You could trim the last three seasons down to 1 season's worth of episodes that are actually worth watching.

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

don't get the Chevy hate at all.  He was funny on this show.  Even if he didn't exactly get the show when he was on it or get along with Harmon, Pierce's character was great and the show suffered after he left.  

Having taken a few classes at my local community college recently to get back in the swing of things and see what it’d be like to go back to school for another degree as a 40-something with kids, I believe that there is probably a Pierce at every community college.  And some Brittas and even an Annie (but not The Annie).

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm going to read between the lines here. Glover might not have been public about it but it wouldn't shock me if he didn't get along with the older "hard to work with" white guys on set, including Dan Harmon. Now he can big time them and decide who he wants to work with and that's exactly what he's doing. Which sucks for all of us who want the movie to be good.

and yeah, chevy chase was awesome on this show. he played his character perfectly, for obvious reasons. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons was a really dark yet powerful episode because of Chase's performance. he was outstanding in his role.

also, i love when they call back to that episode when they're doing paintball and pierce says something about, "what, so i'm the villain?", and the group all starts recounting all of the foul shit he's done and you can hear Abed say, "you raped the Duquesne family." lmao, god this show was so great at its peak.

• Hook 'Em 1

also, as someone who watched Community (multiple times) before ever watching LOST, i got a bonus chuckle when i first saw josh holloway, aka sawyer, aka the black rider, as i could hear abed in my head saying, "that guy was really good looking; like network tv good." 

Edited by shadow_operative

On 10/1/2022 at 2:55 PM, Tom said:

I don't get the Chevy hate at all.  He was funny on this show.  Even if he didn't exactly get the show when he was on it or get along with Harmon, Pierce's character was great and the show suffered after he left.  

I'll definitely watch this, but I hope they're doing it because they actually have a good, funny idea that adds to the overall experience of the show and aren't just doing it to fulfill some 10-year-old meme.  You could trim the last three seasons down to 1 season's worth of episodes that are actually worth watching.

https://www.cracked.com/article_35497_the-terrible-chevy-chase-community-stories-continue.html