Texas vs. West Virginia - 6:30pm on FS1

Pancho

Gimpy QB2 is doing well with some reps.
Admit it.. he's doing well. 
Maybe better than that.

Was it the QB whisperer or was it just forgotten potential?

I say it's all Card really needed.
Reps.  It's a chance to adjust to College Defense.  

I'd like to see our long bomber Quinn E-wurs kicking ass soon, but Card can kick his time some more
image.thumb.png.f0efc5bc860830ebf4b1c94e307714a5.png

Sark seemed to trust him more today.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so here is the depressing stat of the day. 

we have played 17 games since Sark took over.

our opponents outscored us in the 4th qtr/OT  in 10 of the 17 games....  there were 3 ties as well. 

so we have only won the 4th quarter 4 fucking times under Sark.

This is a dumb stat without context. But yes it is still actually something that matters for us with context.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

The defense still needs work, but they actually played with intensity for a majority of the game. If our QB doesn’t get broken, we might be a top 15 type squad. 

I thought they were fantastic tonight. They had some help from a couple of timely drops, but WVU couldn't do anything in the first half. It wasn't until the D went changed its scheme up to take away big plays that WVU started getting some success with the dink and dunk playbook.

19 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Gimpy QB2 is doing well with some reps.
Admit it.. he's doing well. 
Maybe better than that.

Was it the QB whisperer or was it just forgotten potential?

I say it's all Card really needed.

Reps.  It's a chance to adjust to College Defense.  

I'd like to see our long bomber Quinn E-wurs kicking ass soon, but Card can kick his time some more

speak jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so here is the depressing stat of the day.  we have played 17 games since Sark took over.  our opponents outscored us in the 4th qtr/OT  in 10 of the 17 games....  there were 3 ties as well.  so we have only won the 4th quarter 4 fucking times under Sark.

If we get outscored in the 4th quarter, but win the game I really don't give a shit.

Just Win the Fuckin' Game!!! 

• Hook 'Em 9

Card is a decent, average, college QB. Quinn is potentially a great college QB. As soon as he's healthy, he starts. Card didn't lose the game last week, but he could have won it. He played well tonight, but we should have blown them out, but Card isn't good enough to do that. 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Card is a decent, average, college QB. Quinn is potentially a great college QB. As soon as he's healthy, he starts. Card didn't lose the game last week, but he could have won it. He played well tonight, but we should have blown them out, but Card isn't good enough to do that. 

Card would be no liability filling in for ewers if we had a competent DC....He's a backup.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

There is some stupid shit being said. Texas Offense had 3 legit possession. I The last one, they just ran out the clock. They scored on 2 of the 3. The only one they didn’t score on had 25 yards of penalties. the defense was fine. If WV wants to throw underneath down 28, who gives a shit? That only helped Texas win 

We also had a habit under Herman of losing games late and having poor second halves.  Third quarters might have been a bigger issue than 4th, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean…look, Card did what he had to do tonight. But goddamn he blew 2 TDs with terrible throws to wide ass open receivers. The last TD to Worthy probably should have been an INT. He still holds the ball too long.

This was a good win. Card did some things well. He can be an average college QB. But he’s just limited in what he can do. 

Yep. He's fine. And that's good enough for a lot of games. I will say - he did blow a couple easy plays but he also made chicken salad pretty impressively out of several plays. I'll take that.

Our OL actually pass protects fairly well - and Card has a really good playcaller plus 2 elite RBs, an elite X WR, an elite slot-receiver and an elite pass-catching TE. And that really isn't an exaggeration - call Whitt and JT "very good" instead if you want and the point remains. There aren't many offenses better tailor-made for an average QB to light it up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yep. He's fine. And that's good enough for a lot of games. I will say - he did blow a couple easy plays but he also made chicken salad pretty impressively out of several plays. I'll take that.

Our OL actually pass protects fairly well - and Card has a really good playcaller plus 2 elite RBs, an elite X WR, an elite slot-receiver and an elite pass-catching TE. And that really isn't an exaggeration - call Whitt and JT "very good" instead if you want and the point remains. There aren't many offenses better tailor-made for an average QB to light it up. 

If he starts getting the ball out a beat quicker, he'll be a really good college QB. Regardless of who's blocking. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The one thing that I have to say about the defense, I haven’t seen any blown coverages for big plays. They are playing solid team defense. They lack play makers, but so far this year we haven’t seen the dumb shit that has plagued Texas the last 3-4 years. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The one thing that I have to say about the defense, I haven’t seen any blown coverages for big plays. They are playing solid team defense. They lack play makers, but so far this year we haven’t seen the dumb shit that has plagued Texas the last 3-4 years. 

I’ll take tonight’s defense everyday. Fuck that bend don’t break bullshit from last week.  

54 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Good game and playcalling by the O. The D played hard but still need a ton of work. Need to get creative on getting pressure on the QBs. Hopefully Sark can keep up the aggressiveness on O. I’ll enjoy this along with aggy, Baylor, and OU’s losses.

O line still needs to figure out how to open holes for the runners.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Charlie couldn’t put together a coherent sentence. I remember listening to him at his introductory press conference thinking “Yep we’re fucked”

Be that as it may, he was done wrong on so many levels that day, and the personal foul call on him is probably the most egregious shit I’ve ever seen in a football game. I never really feel too badly for these coaches making millions to coach football, but I felt bad for Charlie that day because he got royally fucked.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah. Texas moved the ball fine but had one drive get shitfucked by penalties. And one of their TDs was also penalty induced.

I still don't understand why anyone should line up offsides.  All you have to do is look.  But I see more lineup offsides penalties (not talking about Texas in particular) than I do jump offsides.  Just stupid.

43 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

I thought they were fantastic tonight. They had some help from a couple of timely drops, but WVU couldn't do anything in the first half. It wasn't until the D went changed its scheme up to take away big plays that WVU started getting some success with the dink and dunk playbook.

WVU's success came after we nearly killed one of their players, and the defense lost its intensity and edge.

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We also had a habit under Herman of losing games late and having poor second halves.  Third quarters might have been a bigger issue than 4th, though.

That was only the first year.  After that, we tended to win late.

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That definitely was a problem in past years I haven't seen much this year.

50 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I mean…look, Card did what he had to do tonight. But goddamn he blew 2 TDs with terrible throws to wide ass open receivers. The last TD to Worthy probably should have been an INT. He still holds the ball too long.

This was a good win. Card did some things well. He can be an average college QB. But he’s just limited in what he can do. 

He had a QB rating of 208 while gimpy. Ewers should starts but nitpicking Card's performance tonight is ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1