Texas vs. West Virginia - 6:30pm on FS1

Pancho

Card didn’t limp at all today that I noticed and his stats back up being a bit healthier. The guy spouting that he wouldn’t be a starting QB at any top 40 P5 is fucking laughable at this point. Sark has a decision to make this weekend. Ewers has the higher ceiling by far, but hasn’t had game reps in awhile. Card is showing signs of improvement every week, but we know what he is. Glad it’s not me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Texas got away with some shit because West Virginia sucks.

BUT SO DOES OU LOL

Yes, Worthy and Sanders were wide fucking open most of the night. We have run that play to the RB in the flat three times, all three times the running back was wide fucking open, and all three times Card has thrown a horrible pass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

If Ewers is healthy he is starting. Don't fool yourself into thinking Sarkisian has a difficult decision. It also helps that OU's defense is hot dogshit.

Man I agree if he’s fully ready. But if he’s fully ready we should’ve seen him tonight as well. I think OU looking like shit actually makes the decision a little harder though before we jump in to the meat of our schedule. Hoping for Ewers from a fan standpoint though obviously. Return of the Mullet in the Cottonbowl? Dámelo.

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Card didn’t limp at all today that I noticed and his stats back up being a bit healthier. The guy spouting that he wouldn’t be a starting QB at any top 40 P5 is fucking laughable at this point. Sark has a decision to make this weekend. Ewers has the higher ceiling by far, but hasn’t had game reps in awhile. Card is showing signs of improvement every week, but we know what he is. Glad it’s not me.

Lol wtf? He will start Ewers if he is healthy. Why, because Ewers is better. Period. But maybe if he goes in and sucks it up or cant handle the moment, Im sure Card might get a shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He had a QB rating of 208 while gimpy. Ewers should starts but nitpicking Card's performance tonight is ridiculous.

The main nitpick, and it’s not really a nitpick because It hamstrings the offense, is the same as it has been all of this season; you’re praying to God, Zeus, Buddha, and the spaghetti monster if he has to throw the ball downfield.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, Worthy and Sanders were wide fucking open most of the night. We have run that play to the RB in the flat three times, all three times the running back was wide fucking open, and all three times Card has thrown a horrible pass.

And our defense was able to get off the field on 3rdv because WVU redirects dropped passes right into their hands.

I'm not encouraged.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

If he’s healthy, 100% 

Is anyone 100% healthy at this point? You go with Ewers if he is medically cleared, but if he stinks it up, you may have a decent backup in Card.

Add: Card did enough to win the game, but our offense needs to be better against OU because they always bring their best game against us. You need a QB who can make all the throws.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

fuck off, you've worn out your welcome. Funny is funny, this is just bullshit.

Sorry, Mrs. Card. 

Good to know you'd prefer Card keep playing over Ewers. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Deej said:

Sorry, Mrs. Card. 

Good to know you'd prefer Card keep playing over Ewers. 

sit your fat ass down and shut the fuck up unless you've ever worked your ass off to do something besides pontificate on a message board. I've pos-repped you many times cause you a funny sumbitch, but cheap shots against Card just shows ur blueass upbringing. class passed u by, sorry to say. And as cool as ur avatar is, you ain't no Buford T. Justice. Just some dumb hack who farts and cums at the same time. Piss off little ant hill. 

And,...  go back and search my quotes. I've explicitly said, no one wants card to start over ewers.. fat sack of shit.

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Aslan24 said:

I thought they were fantastic tonight. They had some help from a couple of timely drops, but WVU couldn't do anything in the first half. It wasn't until the D went changed its scheme up to take away big plays that WVU started getting some success with the dink and dunk playbook.

image.gif.8821f5304b3626cefc6e8239a5aadfdc.gif

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

He did a few times,  even the commentators mentioned him limping.  

• Like 1

Card is a decent, average, college QB. Quinn is potentially a great college QB. As soon as he's healthy, he starts. Card didn't lose the game last week, but he could have won it. He played well tonight, but we should have blown them out, but Card isn't good enough to do that. 

Um, we scored TDs on 5 of 8 possessions (excluding the end of halves) with a FG on another. Another possession was in trouble due to 1st and 30.

I guess we coulda scored more. Card obviously missed some easy ones, but we still scored those possessions so it’s not like those cost us a ton of points.

Nah, he thinks I'm constantly shitting on Card. Aside from a few times during WTF moments during games, which we've all done, I've been pretty respectful and have even praised him for keeping his head up and being a trooper, unlike a whole bunch of posters on the board, but whatever.

Anyway, the guy doesn't have the ceiling Ewers has, and thus shouldn't be starting next week if Ewers is good to go. 

To be fair, I will make no apologies for shitting on the Lake Travis folks.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

I will say this. The game plan this week seemed more designed for card. Unlike last week and whatever that dog shit was  I loved getting Whitt more involved. The screens the shirt throws to let athletes do what athletes do.  Instead of battering ram the ball into 10 fucking people repeatedly the game plan was better. 

which leads me to why in the fuck are we so inconsistent jeckyl hyde bull shit. Why was this weeks game plan much better than last.  It’s like last week we said fuck our strengths let’s try something diff. 

Atill we continue to overthrow worthy who should have 16262637 TDs already breaking every longhorn record 

we should absolutely butt fuck sooner all over the field. But we’ve all seen this movie before. They will roll out Major fucking booty who has never seen a football before and he will have 427 yards passing and it will be a shoot. Out with sideshow bob being our savior 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

If Ewers is 100% healthy without a high risk of re-injury, he should start. But you are right, there is a coaching decision to make here and I dont envy it.

We don't want to have a Sam Bradford situation with Ewers where we rush him back and he gets taken out in the RRS. Card has had all the game reps recently and you don't want to throw a guy in that atmosphere that will have some rust and has never experienced it before. Also - if Gabriel is out (which he should be, especially with all this Tua stuff lately) we should be able to win without Ewers.

I want Ewers back, but I see a situation where Card starts and we give Ewers an extra week of rest.

8 hours ago, bullet said:

That was only the first year.  After that, we tended to win late.

9 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Quite a few of those games were probably closer than they should have been due to 3Q/2H collapses, only to have Ehlinger go beast mode and carry the team to a win.

I think I might estimate that the tendency has existed for a while, but was overcome by Ehlinger heroics on several occasions.  And we have lacked an Ehlinger for a while now.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I will say this. The game plan this week seemed more designed for card. Unlike last week and whatever that dog shit was  I loved getting Whitt more involved. The screens the shirt throws to let athletes do what athletes do.  Instead of battering ram the ball into 10 fucking people repeatedly the game plan was better. 

which leads me to why in the fuck are we so inconsistent jeckyl hyde bull shit. Why was this weeks game plan much better than last.  It’s like last week we said fuck our strengths let’s try something diff. 

Atill we continue to overthrow worthy who should have 16262637 TDs already breaking every longhorn record 

we should absolutely butt fuck sooner all over the field. But we’ve all seen this movie before. They will roll out Major fucking booty who has never seen a football before and he will have 427 yards passing and it will be a shoot. Out with sideshow bob being our savior 

We’d be 4-1 or 5-0 if this game plan had been in place all season.

Defense is still atrocious on 3rd down, even if we did start playing back after getting the big lead. Still don’t have the ability to put our foot on their throats and and put them m out of their misery. 

8 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

sit your fat ass down and shut the fuck up unless you've ever worked your ass off to do something besides pontificate on a message board. I've pos-repped you many times cause you a funny sumbitch, but cheap shots against Card just shows ur blueass upbringing. class passed u by, sorry to say. And as cool as ur avatar is, you ain't no Buford T. Justice. Just some dumb hack who farts and cums at the same time. Piss off little ant hill. 

And,...  go back and search my quotes. I've explicitly said, no one wants card to start over ewers.. fat sack of shit.

Morgan Freeman Wtf GIF

What the fuck is that shit? You on meth?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Me too. Sark’s decision is really, really simple. If QE is healthy, he starts and there isn’t any question about it.

Card has stepped up and is fine for a backup QB but he throws one of the worst deep balls I've ever seen. Worthy throws a much better deep ball than him. 

Several times Sark schemed a guy wide open behind the defense and Card missed him every time. The one to Roschon where he had to dive for it because it was too far out front was the only one that had a chance of being caught. 

If Ewers can go then Ewers goes. Sark has to have a guy who can hit those throws. Worthy was the only Texas player last night that threw an adequate deep ball. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Vermin said:

He had a QB rating of 208 while gimpy. Ewers should starts but nitpicking Card's performance tonight is ridiculous.

It’s not to nitpick his performance from last night, as he bounced back from those bad throws and played a good game, made winning plays. But the inability to make those throws is consistent, and not making them is often the difference between winning and losing. When Worthy is ten yards behind the defense you just can’t miss him - that’s literally the “touchdown play” we always joke about. That’s all. Not dumping on the kid, he’s an asset to the team and plays his ass off, and he has improved.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, DiceHands said:

If Ewers is 100% healthy without a high risk of re-injury, he should start. But you are right, there is a coaching decision to make here and I dont envy it.

We don't want to have a Sam Bradford situation with Ewers where we rush him back and he gets taken out in the RRS. Card has had all the game reps recently and you don't want to throw a guy in that atmosphere that will have some rust and has never experienced it before. Also - if Gabriel is out (which he should be, especially with all this Tua stuff lately) we should be able to win without Ewers.

I want Ewers back, but I see a situation where Card starts and we give Ewers an extra week of rest.

I can’t help but laugh at this reality we are in where it might actually make sense to rest Ewers for OU to save him for fucking Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor.

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Like 2