Best Places to Buy For UT Students

Knoxfam

Whoo.  Not sure that would be a good investment these days, although the general strategy is sound if you have more than one kid or know a good number of families sending kids to UT.

I would guess the places to look would be West Campus and North Campus, but I'm not sure there are as many ownership opportunities as there once were.

A counter-intuitively good area is around Exposition and Enfield.  No idea what condotownhomes are out there these days, but it's super manageable as student housing even though away from campus and somewhat more free of distractions.  Also, more than students may be interested buyers when you're done.

1 hour ago, Knoxfam said:

Looking for recommendations on off-campus housing options for my kids going to UT. Looking to purchase something close to campus. Would be great if it was mainly students living in the area. 

Depends on your budget really. There are condo and smaller options from say 24-35th or so. Then as you get to around 51st is gets slightly bigger but similar pricing. Just depends how close and how much 

What are you looking for? House/condo

Whats the purpose? Just housing for the kid then selling, or long term investment?

Are you going to renovate (Major/minor) or need turnkey?

What do you consider close to campus? Walkable, bus route, or short drive?

What’s a rough budget? $300k, 500, 750, 1mil?

Could recommend many areas, Hyde Park, Far West, Riverside, Duval, Burnet, Domain, Mueller, East Austin, South Congress but depends a lot on your answers, especially budget.

Housing in Austin is expensive, students generally lives in the least expensive areas with young professionals and service workers. If you want to be surrounded by students West Campus is the answer but good luck finding anything reasonable in that area.

and yes you’d get more traction asking this in the mortgage/real estate thread over in the 6th street forum.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, Knoxfam said:

Looking for recommendations on off-campus housing options for my kids going to UT. Looking to purchase something close to campus. Would be great if it was mainly students living in the area. 

PM sent. Not sure if you get them as a rookie 

• 2 weeks later...