THE TRIFECTA

TexArcher

If you include Arkansas in the formula, we’re almost there for the second week.  

Bama winning (for SOS) over aggy in a battle of teams playing like regards is really the best case scenario.

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

2 skrait. Even though I hate Bama. 

Sure, but there are levels of hate, and 'bama barely registers for me.  Pole-axing the dirt burglars and then seeing little brother get their hopes up with first and goal from the 2 and . . . oh no!  Life is good.

• Hook 'Em 2

Someone check my math…..how rare is the Quadfecta (Texas win, aggy lose, OU lose, arky lose)?

If these are all “average” teams (assuming 50% chance to win or lose), the probability of last week’s quadfecta was 6.25% (0.5 to the 4th power).  Since in theory these might be better than average teams (not so sure about OU anymore), the probability is actually less than 6%.

Since Texas and OU play each other, the probability of this week alone is 12.5%.

To have these two two weeks happen consecutively, a double quadfecta (the “deuce quad”), the probability drops to 0.78%.