Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I cant believe there are people on here that believe DG is starting this weekend. Lmao

Yeah, I think OU is unscrupulous and all that, but they'd be asking for it if they did that right after the Tua thing just happened. 

11 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Damn, they down BAD bad

Fuck that reverse jinx bullshit by those assholes. Defense needs to eat this game, and our RBs need to break their D's will to play the game. Go ahead early and never look back. 🤘😈

3 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

The OU posters repeat a lot of the themes we see on this board.

1. A bunch of posters that say after a bad loss we will never win again this year

2. The eternal hopeful poster

3. The poster that calls all others pussies despite the product on the field

4. I don't think I saw the poster that said we are going to mudhole their ass even after a 30+ point loss. I am sure he is on there somewhere.

Different, just like everyone else.

23 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

This is exactly the kind of thing Mack used to say days before one of those 65-13 style shellackings.

Get ready boys. It's gonna be a fun Saturday.

Yup! Dumb when Mack said it, and dumb for him to say it. I'm sure OU (sucks) will be wishcasting that he just says that for the media and to not give any bulletin board material, but we know Mack meant it, and if I was in their shoes I'd be nervous about each RRS going forward with Venables. That being said, I hope Venables is John Blake 2.0. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

This is exactly the kind of thing Mack used to say days before one of those 65-13 style shellackings.

Having Mack tell the kids "let's not get too excited" plus Greg Davis's conservative and profoundly unimaginative offenses = a 5-year losing streak that felt like 50.

• Rage+1 1

This is the worst OU team since John Blake era.  The backup QB they trotted out last week is less mobile than me - 53 year old, torn right ACL three times, fat ass, out of shape to the point if you cut me, Bob Armstrong dip would ooze out of the wound.

Texas should win easily and by a large margin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

It's just another game, guys.

It shouldn't hurt any more when Texas beats us by 31 than it did when TCU beat us by 31.

Learn to stop caring like I have.  We're all just here for the paycheck at this point, right?

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

It was nice until about halftime last year.  Then we started crushing water. 

Felt like it was a lot warmer than high 70s last year.

But nothing will ever be as bad as 2000. First of 4 Black Saturdays.  63-14. Temp in 40s with light rain.  Only time I'll ever see the 50 yd line again in that game. Plenty of empties in the 3Q.

Fuck Brown. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Some coaches seem to think there is no difference between being methodical and business like against regular opponents versus being methodical and business like and bringing extra passion when confronting a rival. It is the extra passion that will help sustain the additional intensity needed throughout a game when facing a rival. Just ask Alabama about Auburn teams that had no business winning against them over the last few years. Rivalries are never just another day at the office for fans and if they are for the team itself then they are probably going to get steamed rolled or at the least they will be late to match the rivals intensity and have to come back and then hold on for dear life.

patches-o-houlihan-get-angry.gif

dodgeball-punch.gif

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

What is with these ankle biting small school press people spewing venom at Texas and OU constantly? 

This guy and John Kurtz for KState, The Baylor 247 guys and other have just been relentless in their stupid hot takes all season. Like every episode of anything they do has some kind of anti Texas bashing session. 

Being from Dallas I saw this a lot. My stepmom is from Wichita Falls and she told me this is a pretty accurate depiction of the town's residents as almost half the population root for the Sooners. King of the Hill did a good job with this. Very good display of typical Sooner fans: townies and t-shirt fans who never attended OU or any college for that matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

FCB

— Texas quarterbacks Hudson Card and Quinn Ewers were splitting reps in practice on Tuesday - just as they were a week ago, according to team sources.

Last week, Ewers (sternoclavicular sprain) emerged with soreness on Wednesday, and Steve Sarkisianmoved forward with Card as the starting quarterback against West Virginia. Card responded with his best game as a Longhorn, completing 21-of-27 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns as well as a 17-yard run on third-and-7 in the fourth quarter that helped sustain a drive to a field goal.

Sources seem mixed on how Sarkisian will go at quarterback this week with some saying Ewers and others saying Card. We'll keep you updated as the week progresses

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Yea when the ratings come out he will be deleting his tweet. 

The new Big 12 has pretend they have actual rivalry games people care about when the RRR becomes the new premier SEC rivalry game and Bedlam dies for a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Vertigo said:

What is with these ankle biting small school press people spewing venom at Texas and OU constantly? 

This guy and John Kurtz for KState, The Baylor 247 guys and other have just been relentless in their stupid hot takes all season. Like every episode of anything they do has some kind of anti Texas bashing session. 

We're the evil empire to everyone, it's what they do, so I embrace it. As a Yankee fan, it comes with the territory. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Yea when the ratings come out he will be deleting his tweet. 

Naw, it'll stay up because nobody gives a fuck about this guy and his opinion, other than those that already know him and share his opinion.

Leaving this conference is like divorcing an abusive partner. The marriage had lots of potential, but the constant nagging, finger-pointing and bullshit we've had to endure since 1996 has worn down the last strongholds we had to stay. So, we're leaving and taking the dog with us to our new place, but while we make our exit and finalize the paperwork, the spouse wants to keep getting digs in because they have nothing else to fall back on. Which is fine, and we'll be fine. My thoughts on leaving the conference are that I will miss ISU, OkSt, KSU and KU, but that's it. But, honestly now and after we leave the Big XII my thoughts overall are...

Think Mad Men GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB

— Texas quarterbacks Hudson Card and Quinn Ewers were splitting reps in practice on Tuesday - just as they were a week ago, according to team sources.

Last week, Ewers (sternoclavicular sprain) emerged with soreness on Wednesday, and Steve Sarkisianmoved forward with Card as the starting quarterback against West Virginia. Card responded with his best game as a Longhorn, completing 21-of-27 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns as well as a 17-yard run on third-and-7 in the fourth quarter that helped sustain a drive to a field goal.

Sources seem mixed on how Sarkisian will go at quarterback this week with some saying Ewers and others saying Card. We'll keep you updated as the week progresses

Pay sites and their drama bullshit. Ewers is starting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

image.thumb.png.d670465b50c21a43492204453420fc13.png

"Ewers looks as close to normal during practice since sustaining the injury" / "his soreness is less painful than the discomfort he endured previously"

Written in a way to suggest he is close to 100%, but in reality all Anwar is saying is that Ewers continues to recover from the injury. Beyond confirming that he has not experienced a recent setback, a lot of words to say little.

In other news, listened to Josh Pate this morning and he went over the slew of defensive categories in which OU is ranked dead last in the B12, including yards allowed per carry, missed tackles and yards after contact, and rushing TDs allowed per game. Meanwhile, UT (team and Bijan individually) is first or second in-conference for many of the corresponding offensive categories. Game is set up for our rushing attack to feast in spite of our run blocking deficiencies.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, PTINS said:

68787FDA-EF2F-4F70-888B-8BA6AFD767E7.thumb.jpeg.41346a8441dfdfe1941a7a8e791c8165.jpeg

Please note All American's Earl Campbell (standing), LB Daryl Hunt (85 ) and NG Reggie Kinlaw (62).

We choose not to linger in Dallas after the game and made a beeline back to Austin to a Mardi Gras-like scene down on the Drag. 

choose ... chose ...

• Hook 'Em 1