OU free money giveaway contest

Wulaw Horn

Prop bet- total yards from scrimmage for Worthy and Bijan combined 

Texas- 55

OU- 10

Worthy + Bijan- 250 combined yards. The stars show up for Texas as each guy goes over 100. 

Bonus- tell your best/worst/funniest story about the Texas OU week. 

I once got hit in the neck with a pool cue at the starlight lounge, after watching us lose 66-13, after having a flat tire on my truck, breaking my jack, having to spend 3 hours using a screw driver to operate the jack while surrounded by (and helped by) homeless people. After all that happened I woke up, drove back to law school, got all the way to the Oklahoma border before realizing I had forgotten my laptop in McKinney and had to turn around and go back and get it. 
This was likely one of the worst weekends of my life. 

I’m not doing justice to this story. I wrote it up on LFZ and it became a little famous for a while, but I’m banging away on my cell phone right now waiting to board a cruise ship so I’m sort of half ass-ing it here. 

But y’all, y’all can definitely do better when you tell your stories. Or just make a prediction if you want. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas - 47

OU - 21

Worthy and Bijan combine for 385

1994 Texas OU game. Oldest brother was in his final year at Texas and scored us tickets. I was still a 17 year old in high school. I got to go for free but was designated driver for the weekend for him and 2 of his buddies.  Spend the night at his buddies parents house Friday night in Dallas. Saturday watch Texas beat OU on stonie Clark and Robert Reed's play in the North end of the field.  It was glorious.  Now the good part. After the game we go to midevil inn. Brother and buddies proceeded to pound yards of beer. We get kicked out because my brother tries to reenactment his best pirate using the yard glasses as a sword standing on top of tables challenging people to duels. He even took his shirt off and tied it around his head. They agree not to call the cops if I got him out of there.  Buddy says we are too drunk to go back to his parents house. I proceede to drive their 3 drunk asses all they way back to Austin.  We hit Waxahachie and I hear the sounds of explosive vomiting from the back of the car.  Side note, I am driving my Moms accord. Turns out my brother caused his buddy to puke by asking him if he wanted a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty Ashtray.  In closing I cleaned up my mom's car on the side of I-35 at 11 at night while my brother's buddy continues to puke his guts out in the grass and my brother is laughing his ass off.  We won and trip was still worth it. 

Edited by CoachTex
Can't spell for shit
  • Haha 2

Texas - 45

Fuck OU - 27

BR5/XW8 - 267 combined 

Best TX/FuckOU Story:  went to college in Oklahoma (SWOSU Dawg present) and my roommate is a big OU fan. We went to the game 3/4 years of school.  Mack’s last RRS was the gold out year (I think it was his last).  Anyways, we’d always get to the gates as soon as they opened, park and pass a fireball flask back and forth till it was gone, and head in.  So we’ve got a solid drunk started and we’re walking around the fairgrounds and they were selling the shirts and hoodies with the golden horns up on the Texas gear and golden horns down on the OU gear.  My roommate gets caught wanting a hoodie with the horns down on it and buys it (ends up being like 140 bucks)

Game happens, Texas wins and roommate is pisssed.  Course he hasn’t put the hoodie on yet cause it’s 115 fucking degrees on top of the cotton bowl so we’re walking out of the fairgrounds, and he says fuck it and throws the hoodie he never wore, never took the tags off, in the trash walking out.  

Good times. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas 48

blowu 24

bijan + worthy = 274 yards

it's not a great story, but its stuck with me through this decade + of complete mediocrity.  in 2009 my brother, my cousin, and i went to the game.  bought tickets from someone on shaggy.  only issue was they were split where my cousin and i sat together somewhere in the upper deck and my brother sat with the girl who sold us this tickets somewhere in the lower level.  i went in to the 2009 game convinced we were going to absolutely destroy those cocksuckers due the the fuckery in 2008 that gave them the spot in the big 12 title game/mnc game over us.  well that obviously didn't happen but we did win and it still felt good to beat them.  my cousin and i met up with my brother somewhere in the fair after the game and my brother tells me that the first thing the girl he sat next to said after the game was over, in a season where we were all expecting to win the national championship, was, "we're bowl eligible!!"  we all just laughed in a general who-gives-a-fucking-shit-about-a-forgone-conclusion-such-as-that type of manner.  little did any of us realize that the program would spend the next decade+ fighting for (and sometimes missing out on) fucking bowl eligibility each season.  😠  may we be at the beginning of a time where we as a fanbase can once again laugh about such trivial, unimportant shit.  saturday should go a long way in letting us know.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Prop bet- total yards from scrimmage for Worthy and Bijan combined 

Texas- 55

OU- 10

Worthy + Bijan- 250 combined yards. The stars show up for Texas as each guy goes over 100. 

Bonus- tell your best/worst/funniest story about the Texas OU week. 

I once got hit in the neck with a pool cue at the starlight lounge, after watching us lose 66-13, after having a flat tire on my truck, breaking my jack, having to spend 3 hours using a screw driver to operate the jack while surrounded by (and helped by) homeless people. After all that happened I woke up, drove back to law school, got all the way to the Oklahoma border before realizing I had forgotten my laptop in McKinney and had to turn around and go back and get it. 
This was likely one of the worst weekends of my life. 

I’m not doing justice to this story. I wrote it up on LFZ and it became a little famous for a while, but I’m banging away on my cell phone right now waiting to board a cruise ship so I’m sort of half ass-ing it here. 

But y’all, y’all can definitely do better when you tell your stories. Or just make a prediction if you want. 

Texas 44

OU 31 

I've been waiting to make predictions in this thread in recent weeks in order to see what the Ewers situation looks like at the end of the week. I have different but roughly equal concerns about either QB though. With Ewers, whether or not he's 100% healthy, and whether he'll take care of the ball. With Card, whether he's going to choke up in the atmosphere of the RRS and whether the OU defense can find some footing knowing Texas can't throw deep or impose its will at the LOS to run the ball.

OU is reeling. They may or may not have their starting QB, and even if they do, he is not a Baker Mayfield/Kyler Murray/Jalen Hurts/Caleb Williams type. Their defense has been mercilessly shredded in conference play. Their offense is good, but not at the special level Riley had it where it could make up for that.

Texas is better than it was last year, when it should have won. The defense is solid against the run and is at least not abjectly terrible against the pass when we're not conceding 7 yard completions with PK's call. Texas has enough talent catching passes and has been good enough in pass protection to abuse the OU secondary regardless of who is playing QB. The RBs are pretty good, you might have heard. There is potential for Texas to win this game, and win it big. Like set a new margin of victory record (33 points, if I recall) big. I can see the path to that.

That said, the utter lack of closing ability has been this program's number one issue under Sark. It's more likely than not that this game will be hotly contested because that's just how it goes in the Cotton Bowl; but even if it's not, Sark is astoundingly under .500 with a two-score second half lead in conference play at Texas. OU is nothing special and has all kinds of negative momentum. I would love to see Texas jump out ahead, OU to read the writing on the wall and quit, and Texas proceed to humiliate them and effectively end their season. But at this point, I need to see it to believe that Texas can win a game like this under Sark, because the thing Texas has been best at under him is finding ways to lose games they should win, especially outside of DKR. At the end of the day, I do not trust Sark & staff to get it done.

OU: 34

Texas: 31

Robinson/Worthy Yardage: 214

Texas 42

OU 27

215 Yards on the prop bet.

I don't remember the year, it was in the mid '80's. Walking up and down Commerce street, getting drunk and shouting stuff was still a thing although the police presence was VERY strong and they had instituted one way sidewalks by that point. I'm in a bar on Commerce with my girlfriend at the time (crazy redhead, sorry no pictures). The bar has large windows so the throngs of people going by had a kind of crowded goldfish bowl effect. Lots of folks from both sides in the bar just watching a wall of people flowing by from left to right. Then strangely, a very old lady, perhaps in her 80's goes by. She's right up against the glass, in this crowd of mostly young drunk yelling people. It caught everyones eye in that it was unusual and some of us were worried she would end up getting trampled. About this time Mr. drunk OU fan yells out "Hey look everyone, it's Miss Texas 1935!" Well, I couldn't stop myself. I yelled out "No, it's Miss Oklahoma 1985!" Most of the bar laughs, but drunk Sooner is offended and starts to head my way. A bartender(owner maybe) who didn't want trouble in his bar executes what is today considered an illegal horse collar tackle, aided by some previously spilled beer on the floor. The Dallas cops stationed just outside see the commotion of the guy going down and starting to struggle, in they rush and cuff the guy and have him out the door so fast his buddies hardly know what happened and have to rush out to keep up. After a pause the bar erupts in a short laugh . 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I badly want us to win. I will be there in the stadium for literally the 30th straight year of my life... but I have no confidence in this team or coach.

ou 37

Texas 34

prob bet.  141 yards

My ridic ou story is as follows.

its 1996, reminder, cell phones were expensive as fuck and not owned by regular college students.

myself and another guy carpool up to Dallas along with with a 3rd friend who volunteered to be the driver of his old 4 door hooptie to get us to and from the weekend.

we drove up to Dallas Friday around noon, we shared on the gas bill, and ourselves and another 12 other friends were all staying at the same POS hotel (we had all paid an equal amount) somewhere in East Dallas, we were sleeping 4 to a room. no biggie.  We also all had the ou tickets together, so we all coordinated our drive to the fairgrounds. Of course we partied hard on Fri night, and probably went to bed around 4a.... and we were dragging ass in the morning.

got ourselves to the fairgrounds somewhere around 11a (230 game). we were cheap college students so the 5 vehicles (three small hatchback style and two single cab pickups) all parked in a $10 parking lot that of course wasnt exactly close to the park.   we agree to meet back at the parking lot after the game and then proceeded to go into the park.

We  have some wax beers, and get to the stadium....  All 16 of us are sitting together.  and then 4 hours later we blow the fucking game and lose in OT.   

So of course we are pissed and it takes like an hour to get out of the stadium and all the way to the parking lot and its getting dark... and we arrive at the parking lot... and there are only 4 of our vehicles there...

Turns out our driver was beyond pissed at the loss and basically sprinted to the car.  One of our other friends in the group happened to get there a little quicker than us and saw our driver leaving the parking lot and our driver tells the buddy he is making his way to the hotel to go drink. 

well thats a smidge of a problem  for me and the other guy since we now dont have a fucking ride back to the hotel... so we go old school and jump in the back of one of the pickups.  We are supposed to all be going directly to the hotel, but our new pickup driver stops at some fast food place, and we dont get back to the hotel until probably around 9p. 

where we arrive and get the shock of the weekend.  Both our driver and the other pickup driver/rider had decided not to stay and party in Dallas on Saturday night, and had LEFT BACK FOR AUSTIN.   We were supposed  to drive back Sunday morning... so this is an ultimate dick move and no cell phones meant we were kinda fucked trying to track anyone down to help

yeah... thats a major fucking dick move and a serious problem now. All the other cars were too small to allow for us to put 3 in the backseat and the truck had bucket seats, and even if if could fit 3, that still left 1 of us without a spot.   

we went out that night and met up with other friends and tried to find someone who could give us a ride but all the folks that could either werent staying anywhere near us, or werent leaving until Monday morning. and I had class on Monday. we didnt have money for a bus ride to austin, nor cab money to get to the bus station anyway. 

So myself and the other guy had to ride in the back of a fucking pickup truck from Dallas to Austin, luckily the driver had some sleeping bags in the truck that he let us use as we fucking laid down in the bed of the truck for the 3 hour drive.  we obviously counldnt hear shit or talk to each other, and we realize if we are in an accident, we are fucking drying. 

We make it back to Austin, and track down the asshole... and he fucking sits there with this incredulous look on his face blaming us for not being there when he wanted to go......   fucker.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Texas - 70

ou - 28 (all in the second half of course)

Bijan and X combine for 450 yards.

Back in 2000 when we lost 63-14, we were on our way out of the game.  I congratulated some hot Oklahoma chick on their win and told her not to wreck her house on the way home.  She got pissed and threw some kind of drink at me, missed, and hit some old Oklahoma couple standing a few feet away from me.  I just sat there laughing my ass off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Texas 63

Toothless Sister Fuckers 17

Bijan 162 + Worth 141 = 303 yards!

so 2005 I had perfected my booze smuggling technology using a small Camel Back Bladder in my shorts with a quart of Crown and a hose in my pocket.  We had great seats at about the 40 under the upper deck.  We were seated next to these nice 50ish MILFs.  We start to git our game on by using the hose to doctor our cokes.  Flow was accomplished by squeezing my package and opening the bite valve.  
The MILF next to me noticed what I was doing and asked, “What you got going on there son?”  I said, “Crown Royal!” With a smile.  She passed over her coke and her friends coke and we got our game on!  And oh what a game!  VY, Jamal! Smash Mouth D and Dirt Burglar slaughter!

After the great game and in the full flush of victory and Crown, we got beers to augment of flow and toured the car shows.  We ended up by the Jeep display where they had a rock climbing tower.  I poke my buddy who was currently serving on the Board of the American Alpine club and he was drunk enough to duck under the barrier and climb the tower.

As he was topping out, this irate Okie looking redneck comes up screaming for him to get down.  My buddy gracefully descended all the time with the Redneck screaming and me screaming back about how Mike was on the board of directors of the American Alpine club, etc.  when Mike reached the ground the red neck screams, “Just what the Hell do you think you are doing?  Mike replies, “Anything I want!”  We just walked away laughing and flashing 🤘🤘

We had a great dinner to cap a great day in Longhorn history!🤘

• Like 1

Texas 62

OU 13

Bijan/Worthy yards 267

This game is going to get ugly for OU.  We're going to have our way with them and let out a past decade's worth of pent-up anger and aggression.  This will be Texas Football's coming out party for this season and beyond.  It will set the tone for what's to come the rest of this year and in the next several seasons.  Remember this fucking game.  It will be viewed by Texas Football historians as the turning point of a program.  And the palpable decline of another.

Get ready to fuck.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Texas: 55

Land Thieves: 45

Prop 375

One of my fondest memories of all time was one early morning after I had met up with @blacklab in the food court, he had his young nephew in tow. We talked about how it was his first time to the game and the experience, I proceeded to tell the next sooner fan that we were going to mushroom stamp you sooner fucks and reminded them in a hate filled manner that OU Fucking sucked. The kids eyes got so wide it was incredible, I think he's definitely a lifelong fan.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

13-10, Texas wins.

107 yards.

I will suck your dick in addition to paying you 50 if that’s the nailed score. 
I hope (expect?) we have our side beat by the end of our 3rd drive. Would be glorious if we held the sister fuckers to 10. 

• Haha 1

Texas 24

OU 23

I'm tempted to give OU the W mostly to be contrarian, but partly because I've lived this series.  Prior results rarely matter.  OU is a wounded animal, but Texas will have doubts in mind until they prove otherwise.  

I don't have the greatest TX/OU story other than that I snuck in to 3 straight games in the mid-90's using one of @Jameslaw121's band shirt..  The band ran the concessions for both the Cotton Bowl and Texas Stadium.  I'd show up before the game, and tell the person taking tickets that I'm working concessions and was late due to taking the SAT that morning.  Worked for both sites.

41-29 Horns Dub

the bros get 266.

been a fan since roll left, never watched a Horns/OU live at CB before until last year 2021.

I had the time of life that first qtr. the highest of highs i could touch the skys....  30 game mins later-  i was 9 Coors light deep, sad, mad and drunk

stumbled back through Deep Ellum, weaving down main and commerce streets lookin for hoes.... phone at 1% with what seem like hours...

long story missing...... i woke up near Irving outside a massage parlor

surprisingly my phone was fully charged and my belongings on person....eventually found a waffle house  and made it to ATT stadium to watch boys beat the giants

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2