Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

34th ranked Texas vs 36th ranked Oklahoma

Both are underrated. Venables will get their D turned around. We should be 4-0. We have a few more losses coming up, but this shouldn’t be one. If our D continues to play like they did yesterday, we should be confident in every game. I see us losing 2 of 4 out of @OSU, @KSU, TCU and @KU. If we are healthy and we get on a roll the antithesis of the 2021 season, they can win out. I doubt it and think those games are where we are gonna get knocked off. If I had to guess we lose to OSU and one of the later two. Baylor and OU have lost a step and we should handle them. 

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Hammer that over.  This is going to be a 43-47 type game not a defensive struggle.

I think the total opposite. Or we hammer them a la WVU. 

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Fuck that noise. Kansas is not a fucking powerhouse or legit conference contender. We should not lose to them

I don’t think they are either. I think we’re young and we are gonna fuck some things up. I also don’t think we lose back to back road games in Stillwater and Manhattan. If our D is what it has been outside of two quarters this season, and Quinn comes back strongly, we can win out, and I wouldn’t want to play us as a contender (OSU, KSU, TCU and KU, as of now). We are extremely dangerous. We are also extremely young, and Quinn hasn’t faced true adversity yet. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

ishethough.png.d83879d94a35b718ddee65225f9fcc08.png

I really don’t care, even if we eek out a 1-point victory next week. I can’t see them, with their injuries, coming back to make the CCG with 3 conference losses (after next Saturday). I just think he’ll get them unfucked and they can make a run to 8-4/9-3 or something. They’re not the 36th best team in the conference. 

Edited by Porterhouse

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Vegas is always such a buzzkill.  OU just got pantsed by 31, lost their QB, we get our QB back, and we’re only favored by 5?  They’re usually right, but this time I’m  saying fuck that noise.  OU is terrible, and we will win convincingly.

VEGAS KNOWS

when we win this game we *NEVER win big

the bar here is a win by 30 or more

30 or more is convincing

*rare occasions:

05/Vince +33

98/blake +31

70 +32

41 +33

09 +30

04 +30

in 117 games over 122 years we've only done it 6 times

46 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

If it's Jalen Milroe v Haynes King, I may have to take the points. 

Yeah the difference between Young>Milroe is a lot bigger than the difference between Max>King. Evens the playing field a little bit, not to mention it just lowers the scoring overall (as evidenced by that O/U of only 47). 

That said, my guess is Bryce gives it a go. Saban said AC sprain, which is supposedly a "shoot it up and go" type injury, and that it's not serious. He stayed on the sideline with his helmet on against arky. Bet they'll give him a few days to rest, shoot it up for gameday. Who knows how much it'll affect him though.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

image.thumb.png.3e4e680f2f46025d2e05601f96b72e81.png

1.) I was pissed when we didn't offer a scholly to that dude based on his name alone. You simply dont pass up the opportunity to have a guy with this name on your QB depth chart. 

2.) And now I can see him coming off the bench to prolapse PK's D in the 2nd half. If he gets in the game with the Sooners down big, I'm immediately betting the Sooners on the ingame money line

The taint of the OU roster?  

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Fuck that noise. Kansas is not a fucking powerhouse or legit conference contender. We should not lose to them

I like the fact that we get them at the end of the season when they will be feeling the pressure to finish. Not that we have any proven ability to close anything. 

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

It’ll be sweet to knock them out of college football playoff contention.

Kansas?  No. Kansas won’t finish the Big 12 with fewer than 3 losses. 1 loss and they’re out of CFP contention. 

So OU is on the way to a 10 - 15 down period.      Maybe longer depending on timing of NIL regulations.  Riley saw it coming and bolted to a school that could pay a staff AND buy a roster.   OU is a broke ass school and the alumni don’t have deep pockets.   They will still pull decent talent out of Texas and sprinkle in talent from around the country but can’t keep up with the arms  race like Texas , USC, and others.   

Oh and their coaching staff is straight ass.  

Could be a close game this week or a Texas blowout.   But I expect it to get more lopsided for the horns in te coming years.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

First and most importantly, OU sucks. Second, y’all dumb motherfuckers talking shit about blowing OU out must have been in a coma the last 13 years. We are in a good position here but the unearned arrogance reeks like A&M. Let’s hope the coaching staff drives that point home all week.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

So OU is on the way to a 10 - 15 down period.      Maybe longer depending on timing of NIL regulations.  Riley saw it coming and bolted to a school that could pay a staff AND buy a roster.   OU is a broke ass school and the alumni don’t have deep pockets.   They will still pull decent talent out of Texas and sprinkle in talent from around the country but can’t keep up with the arms  race like Texas , USC, and others.   

Oh and their coaching staff is straight ass.  

Could be a close game this week or a Texas blowout.   But I expect it to get more lopsided for the horns in te coming years.  

I think some here (most, maybe) underestimate the wealth of teams’ alumni bases combined with the rabid nature of southern football teams. If OU has a down period it won’t be worse than our down period. Do you really think OU has a BMD base less than most SEC schools?  I don’t. It is probably on par with Bama, Tennessee, Auburn, maybe Georgia. Exceeded by probably Georgia, Florida, and no doubt A&M and Texas. It exceeds LSU, Ole Miss, Clemson and really any other southern school. When you combine that with a willingness to do anything it takes to win, moreso than Texas, I can’t see them down for long. 

All of these schools have ample resources from which to draw.  Winning and tradition matter, and in the new SEC only Bama will exceed them there. 

Edited by Porterhouse

18 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I think some here (most, maybe) underestimate the wealth of teams’ alumni bases combined with the rabid nature of southern football teams. If OU has a down period it won’t be worse than our down period. Do you really think OU has a BMD base less than most SEC schools?  I don’t. It is probably on par with Bama, Tennessee, Auburn, maybe Georgia. Exceeded by probably Georgia, Florida, and no doubt A&M and Texas. It exceeds LSU, Ole Miss, Clemson and really any other southern school. When you combine that with a willingness to do anything it takes to win, moreso than Texas, I can’t see them down for long. 

All of these schools have ample resources from which to draw.  Winning and tradition matter, and in the new SEC only Bama will exceed them there. 

Off the top of my head …

OU money is well behind the following SEC schools - Bama, UGa, Fla, Vandy, aggy, Mizzoo, Tenn

On par with LSU, Arky, UK, Auburn

Ahead of Miss, Miss St, USC.  

Texas is well ahead of all of them plus unmatched corporate opportunities in Austin.     It’s a numbers game …

I went to the game in FW. If Quinn starts, he’ll throw for 350+. If Card starts, 250+. Bijan will put up 150+. Booty and Bellville (ugliest courthouse in TX, BTW) are awful.

Horns by 20+ if it wasn’t a rivalry game.

But it is, so who the hell knows. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Off the top of my head …

OU money is well behind the following SEC schools - Bama, UGa, Fla, Vandy, aggy, Mizzoo, Tenn

On par with LSU, Arky, UK, Auburn

Ahead of Miss, Miss St, USC.  

Texas is well ahead of all of them plus unmatched corporate opportunities in Austin.     It’s a numbers game …

Sheer numbers of OU alums far outweigh Vandy. Vandy doesn’t factor into the conversation. And Mizzou?  Lol no. You must be basing this off of academic record I guess. While UGA populates Atlanta, Tennessee populates Nashville and Memphis, and Bama populates all three as well as Birmingham, none of them have any oil money. OU alums probably exceed them all just based on that alone, behind only Texas and A&M in that regard, and then LSU and Tech follow. 

I’ve watched at least part of every OU game this year, and most of all of our games. 

We’d beat them by 14 easy even if they had Gabriel and we rolled out Card. They are not anything close to a good football team. Now that they have injuries everywhere they’re even worse. Venables was a disaster of a hire and that’ll get proven over the next 2-3 years.

That O/U is funny though. We’ll win 31-10 or something like that. If a game is predicted to be a shootout it almost always ends up being dominated by defense.

• Hook 'Em 2