Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

28 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

CYA, for when Venables runs Gabriel out there to get another concussion trying to do whatever it takes. 🙄

Please smash this OU team into a dark, wandering-the-desert type of misery for the next 10-15 years. LET'S GO HORNS!!!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I won't be comfortable with any lead less than 24 points. Last year's debacle is of course fresh in our memory, but in 2018 we were up 45-24 with 9 minutes left in the game and Kyler came back to tie it up before Dicker's game winner.

Obviously there's no Kyler or Caleb Williams to worry about but I still fear this game will be a nail biter, as usual.

Edited by LonghornSean

18 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I won't be comfortable with any lead less than 24 points. Last year's debacle is of course fresh in our memory, but in 2018 we were up 45-24 with 9 minutes left in the game and Kyler came back to tie it up before Dicker's game winner.

Obviously there's no Kyler or Caleb Williams to worry about but I still fear this game will be a nail biter, as usual.

It’s always a nail biter for sure. Those overly confident that we will walk in a destroy them have another thing coming. I think we win but it won’t be a blow out. Hoping Ewers is ready to go but if not, I see this one playing out a 35-24 win for Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Haven't watched any of their games this year except a bit of NU/OU, so I'm trying to figure out why they were so bad against TCU.  KSU exposed them as not being top 10, but KSU is also a pretty good team this year, and a 7 point loss to them isn't that bad.  They crushed NU, and ya that was an emotional week for the Huskers so maybe an outlier, but NU will probably end up 4-8 or 5-7.  

So which is more of an outlier?  TCU or NU?  Or is this a wheels coming off situation?

26 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Yep, 21 points early is not safe in this game.  1995 we jumped out 21-0 and ended up in a 24-24 tie against Howard Schnellenberger’s crappy team. 

• Rage+1 1

I watched the ou/TCU game. Beville is bad. Can’t run, not a great arm. Hell, Gabriel was struggling throwing himself. The one dude that worries me is Barnes. He can fly. I’d be shocked if they don’t use him like Bama used Gibbs to start the game. This game always scares me, but I’ll be SHOCKED if we lose.

Texas 42 ou 20

35 minutes ago, Dignan said:

I watched the ou/TCU game. Beville is bad. Can’t run, not a great arm. Hell, Gabriel was struggling throwing himself. The one dude that worries me is Barnes. He can fly. I’d be shocked if they don’t use him like Bama used Gibbs to start the game. This game always scares me, but I’ll be SHOCKED if we lose.

Texas 42 ou 20

I agree...  Least we not forget we've made QB's like him look like Heisman Trophy candidates over the last few years.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, hook me said:

Yeah. Get them down something like 28-7 in the first quarter & it's over. No way they could come back from something like that...

Meh. This isn't last year's OU team and our D isn't a smoldering pile of donkey-shit. It's actually far from it. I get it's a rivalry game but they just don't have the horses to keep up if they dig an early hole. Their body language was piss-poor against TCU last week and they aren't used to losing. Make some explosive plays early, play competent D and run the ball right at them in the 2H. I like our guys better than their guys. That isn't something we've been able to say for a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sounds like you're out on Sark regardless of what happens. 

Nothing like setting an unrealistic expectation in a rivalry game against a team that has dominated us lately and we are coming off 5-7

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ryskey said:

Haven't watched any of their games this year except a bit of NU/OU, so I'm trying to figure out why they were so bad against TCU.  KSU exposed them as not being top 10, but KSU is also a pretty good team this year, and a 7 point loss to them isn't that bad.  They crushed NU, and ya that was an emotional week for the Huskers so maybe an outlier, but NU will probably end up 4-8 or 5-7.  

So which is more of an outlier?  TCU or NU?  Or is this a wheels coming off situation?

Both are outliers, but TCU is the bigger outlier.   I'd expect OU to score 40+ again against Nebraska, but Nebraska to suck less on O.  Healthy rematch vs TCU might look different on both sides.

Wheels maybe coming off.  It's hard to tell with a backup QB.  He should play better in our game with a tailored gameplan and focused practice, but even with those he might still be terrible.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So free money? If we don’t beat these twats by at least 21, I’m out on Sark

I mean, neither of our QBs is likely to be 100%, our O line is mediocre on a good day, our secondary is shit all the time, and they've won like 10 of the last 13, so we should definitely crush them like a bug.

Actually, they're so bad that yeah, we really should, in spite of all that shit.

God dammit, this is a good time to be alive.

• Like 1

I would be ecstatic for Texas to win by 1 on Saturday on a field goal as the clock expired (the meme avalanche would be superb)....................but also if OU suffered their greatest loss in the history of this game. Cannot fathom the depth of depression if somehow Texas fails to win this game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

Davis fucking beville is what you get when case McCoy and Hudson cars have a love child. If he ducking leads any scoring drives I swear to jehova 

He’s worse than Case McCoy and Card by a lot. He was a 3rd sting QB at Pitt for a reason. 

There’s really no excuse to lose to this guy. 

22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Surly after a road OT loss to Tech: "We suck, we aren't winning another game all year!"

Surly after a home win over WV, literally 1 week later: "We should beat our biggest rival by 21 points easy!"

You do realize blowU is having one of their most injury riddled years in program history, right?

they are a 6-7 win team this year, at best

Let's send OU to their death spiral with a big win. With their 3rd loss of the season and the league, they will be out of the conference and playoff contentions. They will play unmotivated the rest of the season and probably will end up losing more games they shouldn't. With a new coach, recruits and current players will start to wonder if Venables is the right coach to lead OU.

Edited by UTEE97
Fixed a factual error
  • Hook 'Em 1

We keep hearing about all the talk focusing on their QB, but what about the RBs and one or two OL that got hurt vs TCU?

I am way less worried about the QB situation if they are out of decent linemen or backs. It doesn’t matter what crack head they put back there if they are screwed at RB and trying to drop back with an aggy level OL.

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

We keep hearing about all the talk focusing on their QB, but what about the RBs and one or two OL that got hurt vs TCU?

I am way less worried about the QB situation if they are out of decent linemen or backs. It doesn’t matter what crack head they put back there if they are screwed at RB and trying to drop back with an aggy level OL.

It's because their QB is shitty. He's unathletic, holds the ball too long and has little arm talent. There is a bigger dropoff from Gabriel to this dude than from their first string OL and RBs to second/third string. 

19 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

It's fricking OU, they always manage to play like it's the Superbowl against the Horns.  They always have some fricking backup that comes out and plays better than the starter.  I hope all of you are right this time though, and they truly suck as bad as they looked against TCU.  Their defense was completely lost in that game.  Don't think they can fix all those problems fast.

i don't remember the year, bagodicks deploys this statue-of-liberty-delayed-draw and mack took it up the ass for 300 yards before he adjusted

*NEVER* *EVAR* *EVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR* talk shit about this game

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

OU has been so good for so long that none of us can really believe they are entering a slump. Could it finally be their time?

it will be, when it is proven so

we were on the way to 21-0 last year when the goggles crew went full fuckery

they are not _____________ fill in the blank until 3pm on saturday

48 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Let's send OU to their death spiral with a big win. With their 3rd loss of the season, and 2nd of the league, they will be out of the conference and playoff contentions. Players will play unmotivated the rest of the season and probably will end up losing more games they shouldn't. With a new coach, recruits and current players will start to wonder if this guy is the right fit. 

It would be their third loss in the league, my dude

Other than that I wholeheartedly agree! 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1