Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

My hope is that out defense shit the bed against Tech because Patterson was working on OU.  He had to come out of his basement to fix shit for WV, so hopefully didn't lose too much ground on the OU plan.

Shirley you can’t be serious about GP not working on schemes each week for each game. My sarcasm meter may be malfunctioning.

more uncomfortable data to piss off the pitchforks and torches

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-play

5 games is enough data to start real measurements

pk has the horns 2nd in the league in yards alllowed per play behind isu

rape and roach are right behind us but still......   parcells

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Let's send OU to their death spiral with a big win. With their 3rd loss of the season and the league, they will be out of the conference and playoff contentions. They will play unmotivated the rest of the season and probably will end up losing more games they shouldn't. With a new coach, recruits and current players will start to wonder if Venables is the right coach to lead OU.

image.jpeg.18aad7fcb6fd000403c17ba6e319e628.jpeg

Sorry for the news alert…(lol) but this news imo was worth a split screen…far more so than Judge:

Beat the fuck outta OU. If ever there was a good chance of the golden hat this is it! Hookem! Hope Judge hits 62 before the game…so we aren’t subjected to him being up to bat 1000 times.🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Sorry for the news alert…(lol) but this news imo was worth a split screen…far more so than Judge:

Beat the fuck outta OU. If ever there was a good chance of the golden hat this is it! Hookem! Hope Judge hits 62 before the game…so we aren’t subjected to him being up to bat 1000 times.🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Sorry. No

• Hook 'Em 8

i don't remember the year, bagodicks deploys this statue-of-liberty-delayed-draw and mack took it up the ass for 300 yards before he adjusted
*NEVER* *EVAR* *EVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR* talk shit about this game

That’s what 2000 and the read option with that midget quinten Griffen looked like. Pretty sure they ran it like 40 times in a row.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Shirley you can’t be serious about GP not working on schemes each week for each game. My sarcasm meter may be malfunctioning.

Yes, you may want to have the meter tuned.  I'm pretty confident he is working on all games.  And don't call me Shirley :) 

• Haha 1

Lol Gabriel won’t play. He sucks anyway.

This is a very rare RRS opportunity. A win for Texas is a formality. But if Sark can make it a blowout (3+ TDs) that’ll really change the program for the better, morale boost and perception boost wise. When was the last time we demolished OU? 2005?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Lol Gabriel won’t play. He sucks anyway.
This is a very rare RRS opportunity. A win for Texas is a formality. But if Sark can make it a blowout (3+ TDs) that’ll really change the program for the better, morale boost and perception boost wise. When was the last time we demolished OU? 2005?

Sark is 4-7 in conference, pulled the biggest choke in Texas history in this game last year, and has a sub-.500 winning percentage in conference games in which he has a two-possession second half lead… to say nothing of the “throw the records out” cliche.

But a win is a formality. Okay.
  • Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Sark is 4-7 in conference, pulled the biggest choke in Texas history in this game last year, and has a sub-.500 winning percentage in conference games in which he has a two-possession second half lead… to say nothing of the “throw the records out” cliche.

But a win is a formality. Okay.

Dude, he's the biggest moron on this board. Don't listen to him. 

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Worse teams have beaten better teams in this game. Frequently. 

Yep.

It seems like every time this game seems like a foregone conclusion going in, the opposite happens.

I HOPE you guys stomp them into oblivion, but I've been shocked by the outcome of this game too many times to expect "the expected" outcome.

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Worse teams have beaten better teams in this game. Frequently. 

Injury plagued, underachieving OU team led by Stoops or Lincoln? Fuck yeah it’d be a toss-up. You could never count those teams out.

That’s not OU anymore. This team is exceptionally poorly coached, on top of being injury plagued, on top of being not that talented. We’re getting Quinn back and I really think we’re in for a blowout win. 38-7 or something. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Injury plagued, underachieving OU team led by Stoops or Lincoln? Fuck yeah it’d be a toss-up. You could never count those teams out.

That’s not OU anymore. This team is exceptionally poorly coached, on top of being injury plagued, on top of being not that talented. We’re getting Quinn back and I really think we’re in for a blowout win. 38-7 or something. 

What does that have to do with my comment? Stoops and Riley are not the only two coaches to ever coach in this rivalry for both sides. 

15 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

That protocol is fucked. There is no way in hell someone who took a concussion like that should be playing a week later in a girls’ soccer game, much less a sport where teams are trying to do that to you on every play. After what we saw with Tua are they really going to throw him back out there so quickly?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

That protocol is fucked. There is no way in hell someone who took a concussion like that should be playing a week later in a girls’ soccer game, much less a sport where teams are trying to do that to you on every play. After what we saw with Tua are they really going to throw him back out there so quickly?

Soccer is pretty concussion-prone but I get your point. 

Just now, hornmpa96 said:

Crazy shit happens in this game - I was able to watch the GOAT of Texas/OU week (Peter Fucking Gardere) win 4 straight in Dallas.

We owe those fuckers a beating.

What we hope is a team unaccustomed to losing comes in deflated after getting their asses kicked back to back.  

Meanwhile, Texas should be hungry for a W and extra motivated/fired up if the Mullet is back. 

51 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This team is exceptionally poorly coached, on top of being injury plagued, on top of being not that talented. 

I mean that certainly describes our 2015 team discussed above (fresh off a 40+ point beatdown @TCU) as well as our 2013 team (W) and 2014, 2016 and 2017 teams that all easily covered and lost by single digits.  All the OU teams in those years were objectively significantly "better" on paper than we are this year.  

Unless you have ever felt the energy and momentum shift in that stadium it's impossible to understand how the improbable outcomes consistently play out.  If you have, you should remember what that feels like before predicting an outcome with any confidence whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Unless you have ever felt the energy and momentum shift in that stadium it's impossible to understand how the improbable outcomes consistently play out.  If you have, you should remember what that feels like before predicting an outcome with any confidence whatsoever.

Never been to a red river game. Tom Herman has said momentum isn’t real, Nick Saban has said that it is. I just don’t know who to believe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Never been to a red river game. Tom Herman has said momentum isn’t real, Nick Saban has said that it is. I just don’t know who to believe.

The guy with a billion national titles or the guy who flamed out at Texas for being a massive douchebag?

Yeah, me either. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Welp, Helobious making claims is always a kiss of death so…

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Bookmarked. Maybe I am being overconfident. But objectively looking at everything I don’t see how OU has a chance. Anything can happen though I guess.

Just now, Js1 said:

The guy with a billion national titles or the guy who flamed out at Texas for being a massive douchebag?

Yeah, me either. 

Has the concept of sarcasm reached the city limits of houston yet? 

• Haha 1