Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

Only a rube OU fan will bet on our team to win. It kills me but it’s you boys year. I was at the Kansas state game and we looked defeated pretty damn early. It showed up again pretty early in Ft.Worth. What makes any OU fan think it’s going to be different? I’ll be honest I laid $500 on y’all. I know it pisses off a bunch of sooner fans but I could give a shit less. I don’t bet with emotion. 

89B284A7-B147-41F3-B089-6954B1E25B5C.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

I still remember this game vividly-- Briles diced them with 5-yard slants every snap all the way down the field. 

Looks strangely familiar…thanks PK et al.

@Hagbard Celine I like your Parcells philosophy- we are now 3-9! Trending up. 

Fuck OU though. We actually might blow them out this year. We owe them like 5 rout 66s.

Edited by Loop 1604

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Venables is completely full of shit about treating this game like any other. I know for a fact that every administrator, friend of the program, and person around him has made it crystal clear that beating Texas is the only thing that really matters to the meth heads of the sucking state. 

We are going to learn a lot this weekend about the coaching abilities of Sark compared to Venables, because both programs treat this game with high priority and focus. 

It’s great that there’s so much confidence on the Texas side going into this game, but realistically it should be a dog fight. If Texas blows them out, Venables probably sucks as a coach. If the vice versa happens, it probably confirms Sark sucks. 

I would agree that there's no way OU takes this game lightly. In fact they probably spent all of last week on prepping for the RRS instead of TCU hence the blowout loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Only a rube OU fan will bet on our team to win. It kills me but it’s you boys year. I was at the Kansas state game and we looked defeated pretty damn early. It showed up again pretty early in Ft.Worth. What makes any OU fan think it’s going to be different? I’ll be honest I laid $500 on y’all. I know it pisses off a bunch of sooner fans but I could give a shit less. I don’t bet with emotion. 

Couldn't*

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Definitely not nurse level balance

• Haha 1

I’ll just say this, Venables doesn’t strike me as a chess player.  He may have a short tenure at ou.  In the face of recent evidence to the contrary, my gut says that we have the coaching advantage here.  Sark needs to put his proverbial foot on the neck and keep it there.  If this turns into a 45-41 type of toss-up game it’s a crap shoot. We need to get out to a 3 score lead and end up a 5 or 6 score win for one ever-lovin time. 

and I hate that I even said this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

dont you put that evil on me GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

89B284A7-B147-41F3-B089-6954B1E25B5C.thumb.jpeg.c4ddddff179f688fc6737e953fcd5f4c.jpeg

Betting against your team is the only way to bet on your team. You’re assured of money or victory.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Watched Operation Flagrant Foul on Netflix last night about the NBA ref scandal.  Was very interesting to hear how Tim Donaghy was able to predict with 75% accuracy how games reffed by others were going to end just from know who the various refs liked and didn't like.  Also interesting how the NBA gave "things to concentrate on" before each game and how he knew certain teams/players are to be protected.   Went all the way up to Stern but it got leaked before he could get in on tape to blow up the entire system.  I have no doubt this exists in every sport at the college/pro level.  If you haven't watched it, don't until after RRR cause there is gonna be some shit that is simply otherwise unexplainable this Sat.

The NBA is among the best run professional sports organizations on the planet. I absolutely buy they tip the scales with officiating.

Looking back at its track record, I do not buy that the Big 12 is competent enough to pull that off without leaking it screwing it up. If they were trying to fuck Texas, Texas would end up 9-0 in conference thanks to officiating.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Betting against your team is the only way to bet on your team. You’re assured of money or victory.

If $500 is enough money to make you ambivalent about losing this game you either don’t really care about your team or you need a better fucking job…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

If $500 is enough money to make you ambivalent about losing this game you either don’t really care about your team or you need a better fucking job…

Bro has the win and the parlay... He'd lose $550. Not sure how the palsy pays out, but he might be doing a thing.

I'm still not buying DG plays.   The fall out from a repeat concussion in light of the Tua situation would be significantly worse than a loss to Texas and could cost careers.  

Tua situation aside (where it was ruled 'not' a concussion and that Dr. was fired), do we ever see a player start 1 week to the day after a diagnosed concussion?  I feel like you almost always see a player miss a game.  But maybe I'm wrong and people are just hyper focused post Tua.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm still not buying DG plays.   The fall out from a repeat concussion in light of the Tua situation would be significantly worse than a loss to Texas and could cost careers.  
Tua situation aside (where it was ruled 'not' a concussion and that Dr. was fired), do we ever see a player start 1 week to the day after a diagnosed concussion?  I feel like you almost always see a player miss a game.  But maybe I'm wrong and people are just hyper focused post Tua.

This is ou. They don’t give a fuck about playing someone if they think it will help.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

This is ou. They don’t give a fuck about playing someone if they think it will help.

This is not Bob Stoops' OU where your star RB can knock out a girl and you have city attorney's fighting to keep video from being released.  This is real potential liability.  The hit DG took was brutal.  The press/twitter would absolutely crucify OU, BV and any doc that cleared him if he takes a shot Saturday (not to mention the easy target for negative recruiting).  I'll be shocked if they sign up for that risk. 

Edited by Skipper

This is not Bob Stoops' OU where your star RB can knock out a girl and you have city attorney's fighting to keep video from being released.  This is real potential liability.  The hit DG took was brutal.  The press/twitter would absolutely crucify OU, BV and any doc that cleared him if he takes a shot Saturday (not to mention the easy target for negative recruiting).  I'll be shocked if they sign up for that risk. 

Nah

11 hours ago, stork642 said:

This game will be typical Surly.  If we lose it will be the worst loss the program has ever had and Sark is done.  If Texas wins no big deal because OU is down this year.  

If we lose this year, Sark joins David McWilliams as the only Texas head coach to ever start their career 0-2 against blOU. It would also be our fifth straight loss to the land thieves, tying our infamous losing streak from 2000-2004.

Make all the excuses you want. Sark has to win this year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, hook me said:

I get it, I've been there. But this isn't Mack with Case McCoy, or Strong with Sean Watson & Jerrod Heard, or even Herman with Sam & it definitely ain't the OU defense of old on the other side. This year we begin the process of pulling the momentum of the rivalry back to Austin. We're hanging 60 on the MFs (if Ewers is playing) this year & next year & there's nothing they can do about it but sit there & experience the same depression we felt in the early 00s. They'll be emptying out in the middle of the 3rd & all anyone will be able to hear is "TEXAS FIGHT" chants & Smokey firing again & again & again. It's time.

Val Kilmer Tombstone GIF by Giphy QA

repped for bravado and no bitchassedness

parcells says...  i'll allow it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If the shitstorm with Tua didn’t just happen, I’d say Gabriel would play. But, right now, the spotlight is on concussion protocols. Gabriel went to sleep. Like Roy Williams wearing Midland Lee garb said… “he ain’t gon’ play”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

actually, this is a rare occurrence when the stars align to deliver the coveted, rare "Program Defining Win" regardless of how bad 0u suxs or doesn't.

we're on coach 3 that never turned the corner in this game

sure both charlie and turtle both won it once, but those seasons were already in disarray and those coaching tenures already in question

stalemating the #1 team in the country and losing on the road in the league in overtime does not qualify for "disarray"

given where we're at, and this is purely hypothetical (and not a Parcells-violating pronouncement of future fact), we have an incredible opportunity on saturday

win

binary

1 ping only, dimitri

MisguidedReasonableFulmar-max-1mb.gif.e0530305f5a9ddadcfdacbe8f331f425.gif

• Hook 'Em 1