Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I cannot fucking wait for Bijan and Roschon and Keilan to fuck up the sooner's shitty run defense tomorrow. We will run it up the middle, around the end, off tackle, misdirection...and they will not be able to stop any of it. 

image.thumb.png.8279b0f062018baa7e932e41b6f0079a.png

This OU defender chose poorly.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’ve literally never in my life felt like this before the OU game. I fully expect us to easily beat the shit out of them tomorrow. There’s just no way they can even compete with us. In 2005 we were clearly better but we were still on that losing streak to them so you just didn’t know. And every year since they were either the favorites or we were slim favorites. Just ready for tomorrow to get here. 

They aren’t that bad.  They have been playing hesitant because of the new scheme but they will be aggressive tomorrow until they know they are beat.  This game is crazy every year.  I expect a Texas victory but anything can happen in this game.  That is why they play it after all.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’ve literally never in my life felt like this before the OU game. I fully expect us to easily beat the shit out of them tomorrow. There’s just no way they can even compete with us. In 2005 we were clearly better but we were still on that losing streak to them so you just didn’t know. And every year since they were either the favorites or we were slim favorites. Just ready for tomorrow to get here. 

In 2005 I knew we were gonna ruin their shit. This is the closest I have felt to that ever. The thing here is... I think Sark won't let up like Mack would. I wanna see 70 points. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

IT/Nahlin confirmed that goggles won’t be the ref 

God, I sat through SO many Texas games that "referee" Joe Thomas fucked Texas over with his "officiating." 

That little troll charged Texas with a timeout once against cougar high in the Dome just so we could boo at his Dumb Ass for the entire timeout for screwing Texas over at every opportunity, including some other phantom call he'd just made to fuck Texas. "Oh, you just scored a TD? Well, *flag toss* then here's a flag for (phantom) holding!"

I'm thankful he's no longer around and that he wasn't young, else he'd still be "showing how 'tough' he was" by fucking Texas over.

I'm certain you other olds remember that Asshole.

Talk about a horrible ref being "piss on his grave" worthy! 

Fuck him!

And FUCK ou!

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, stork642 said:

They aren’t that bad.  They have been playing hesitant because of the new scheme but they will be aggressive tomorrow until they know they are beat.  This game is crazy every year.  I expect a Texas victory but anything can happen in this game.  That is why they play it after all.  

I expect for blOU to gamble and take a lot of chances tomorrow including more blitzes, twists and stunts.  They will try to hit Quinn hard and late if possible.

Gooners gonna play like they have nothing to lose...  pressure is on Texas to win.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

I expect for blOU to gamble and take a lot of chances tomorrow including more blitzes, twists and stunts.  They will try to hit Quinn hard and late if possible.

Gooners gonna play like they have nothing to lose...  pressure is on Texas to win.

It’s about time.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yep.  And they will be eager to make up for the craptastic showing against TCU.

Gerry Hamilton said flat out on the On Texas Football live cast yesterday that this is a “must win” game for Sark and I have to agree. This weekend is where it all went south for us last year and never recovered. If he can’t beat a clearly rebuilding and floundering OU team that likely doesn’t have their starting QB, recruits just aren’t going to buy in on the direction he’s taking the program. I hate that we are here 17 games into his tenure, but that’s where we are. He’s being handed a golden opportunity today and he needs to seize it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Now up 5-1 on the year taking Texas to cover.

I've been saying it all year but Vegas has a really bad read on Texas. Sark is capable of always pulling a Tech but you're getting such good value with Texas right now.  

Yep. TBF we also don’t know what we are getting week to week. Betting on Texas seems dumb this year lol

On 10/6/2022 at 1:00 PM, gmr548 said:

Honestly, this coming from looch should make us all reevaluate any confidence we have.

Jokes aside, I do think there's some value at OU +9 or more, where it seems to have gone. Definitely if it gets to 10.5. There is way too much uncertainty in the RRS for a two-possession spread.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

• Like 2

Is this the most consequential win we've had since the Rose Bowl?

I think I'd take this over the Ohio State Fiesta Bowl. Over Notre Dame. Any other's I'm missing.

OU seems like a bad team, but there are A LOT of demons there. 49-0 is huge.