Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

26 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Sheer numbers of OU alums far outweigh Vandy. Vandy doesn’t factor into the conversation. And Mizzou?  Lol no. You must be basing this off of academic record I guess. While UGA populates Atlanta, Tennessee populates Nashville and Memphis, and Bama populates all three as well as Birmingham, none of them have any oil money. OU alums probably exceed them all just based on that alone, behind only Texas and A&M in that regard, and then LSU and Tech follow. 

OU is broke my guy, otherwise we’d probably be out of this conference sooner.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Some of you are massive pussies

Have you been saying that for about 8 years now? In that time span we have had 4 losing seasons and two seasons with only 7 wins. The line is tiresome and has zero to back it up. Those that worry do it for a reason. We looked like shit in the second half vs WVU they just looked worse. I feel good about beating OU but those that worry have recent history on their side.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Have been saying that for about 8 years now? In that time span we have had 4 losing seasons and two seasons with only 7 wins. The line is tiresome and has zero to back it up. Those that worry do it for a reason. We looked like shit in the second half vs WVU they just looked worse. I feel good about beating OU but those that worry have recent history on their side.

Worrying about General Booty(probably not even playing) beating our ass is pussification at its finest. Also, OU hasn’t looked this shitty once in those 8 years. We should not,for any reason, be scared of this team. If we lose it’s because we fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Worrying about General Booty(probably not even playing) beating our ass is pussification at its finest. Also, OU hasn’t looked this shitty once in those 8 years. We should not,for any reason, be scared of this team. If we lose it’s because we fucked up.

Its our great ability to fuck up in recent years that folks worry about and in my view not that OU is superior. Most recent evidence Texas Tech.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep.  Should be Texas -7 with a healthy Gabriel.  Without Dillon, Texas -13ish imo.  OU is toast.  

Do you think OU is going to start Beville even though he looked that bad on Saturday? 

I can't imagine Booty or Evers are worse. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

If a game is predicted to be a shootout it almost always ends up being dominated by defense.

If this game ends up being a shootout, with no Gabriel, then PK should be fired before even getting home. 

OU scored 7 second half points against TCU without Gabriel. TCU was playing a bunch of backups in the 2nd half too. 

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Do you think OU is going to start Beville even though he looked that bad on Saturday? 

I can't imagine Booty or Evers are worse. 

They are all terrible.  Seriously.  Their recruit, Jackson, could come in and do better - and he would still suck (obviously).  

image.thumb.png.3e4e680f2f46025d2e05601f96b72e81.png
1.) I was pissed when we didn't offer a scholly to that dude based on his name alone. You simply dont pass up the opportunity to have a guy with this name on your QB depth chart. 
2.) And now I can see him coming off the bench to prolapse PK's D in the 2nd half. If he gets in the game with the Sooners down big, I'm immediately betting the Sooners on the ingame money line

The NIL for one General Booty at strip clubs and bresturaunts should be pretty legit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

We’re gonna whip that ass, you guys need to chill!

It's fricking OU, they always manage to play like it's the Superbowl against the Horns.  They always have some fricking backup that comes out and plays better than the starter.  I hope all of you are right this time though, and they truly suck as bad as they looked against TCU.  Their defense was completely lost in that game.  Don't think they can fix all those problems fast.

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

It's fricking OU, they always manage to play like it's the Superbowl against the Horns.  They always have some fricking backup that comes out and plays better than the starter.  I hope all of you are right this time though, and they truly suck as bad as they looked against TCU.  Their defense was completely lost in that game.  Don't think they can fix all those problems fast.

Their backup is normally a 5 star like Caleb Williams not a 3rd string QB from Pittsburgh. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their backup is normally a 5 star like Caleb Williams not a 3rd string QB from Pittsburgh. 

I don't disagree...They all looked like crap against TCU, and I hope it continues.  Im just jaded from years of them taking dudes like Jason White and Heupel and turning them into studs that somehow have the game of their lives against the Horns...Seen too much of that crap over the years...

• Hook 'Em 1

Gabriel aint playing. Specially after the Tua stuff
Normally I'd agree, but bro..do you even blowU? If there is even the slightest chance they can play Gabriel and not get crucified by the talking heads on tv...those motherfuckers will do it.

6 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

I don't disagree...They all looked like crap against TCU, and I hope it continues.  Im just jaded from years of them taking dudes like Jason White and Heupel and turning them into studs that somehow have the game of their lives against the Horns...Seen too much of that crap over the years...

The didn't have the current coaching staff back then.  I'm fairly sure BV could fuck up Tom Brady somehow.

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This line makes much more sense than the one mentioned in the game week thread. 

It's not worth looking at lines until Circa, which is the first Vegas book to release its line on Sundays, drops theirs around 12:30 or 1pm. Everything else is generally low max limit leftover lines from the week before that you might not even be able to bet

8 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

Take the win pussy!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’ve watched at least part of every OU game this year, and most of all of our games. 

We’d beat them by 14 easy even if they had Gabriel and we rolled out Card. They are not anything close to a good football team. Now that they have injuries everywhere they’re even worse. Venables was a disaster of a hire and that’ll get proven over the next 2-3 years.

That O/U is funny though. We’ll win 31-10 or something like that. If a game is predicted to be a shootout it almost always ends up being dominated by defense.

Agreed on the O/U. I see it’s up to 65 already. Suckers bet. Especially with Gabriel likely out. 

I’m waiting to see what our team total O/U is. I’d take over up to 34.5, I think.

I’m DEFINITELY taking us to win the first half by whatever the spread is (I’m assuming 2.5 or 3.5). 

17 hours ago, Tom Chairman said:

We were only favored by 7 vs mountain aggy. Vegas has no idea what to do with Texas this year.

Neither do we, to be fair.

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

VEGAS KNOWS

when we win this game we *NEVER win big

the bar here is a win by 30 or more

30 or more is convincing

*rare occasions:

05/Vince +33

98/blake +31

70 +32

41 +33

09 +30

04 +30

in 117 games over 122 years we've only done it 6 times

Why 30?  That is an EXTREMELY high bar and even higher when looking at football pre-1990.

10 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Challenge accepted.

11 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

OU is broke my guy, otherwise we’d probably be out of this conference sooner.

LSU is more broke?  I’m not sure what that has to do with the wealth of alums (narrator: nothing), NIL, etc.  OU is and has been just fine with respect to BMD wherewithal. 

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Tennessee is only now (depending on how the rest of this season goes) emerging from a 15 year down cycle. 

Well aware.  Tennessee never had the history of Texas and certainly not OU. 

Edited by Porterhouse

11 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If Gabriel is out this is definitely in the "this can only be an embarrassing loss" category. OU was already bad without Gabriel and he was their most important player based on no depth behind him. 

It is the RRS. Charlie Strong pulled off an upset. This is not a game that you take anything for granted. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas jumped from 14th to 5th in Bill C's updated SP+ ratings following the WVU game.  SP+ loves Texas' offense and defense continues to climb the ratings up to 23rd this week.  Although 3-2, SP+ hasn't penalized Texas much for their two losses - one was an even matchup against an elite team while the other SP+ chalked up to terrible luck.  OU is sixth in the update but of course that doesn't factor in their current health issues.