2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread - Tits, Ass, N’ Keldon

Kermit

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

14%.  52.1% of a top 4 pick. 

Worst 3 teams actually have the same odds. 

• Team 1 > 14.0%
  • Team 2 > 14.0%
  • Team 3 >14.0%
  • Team 4 > 12.5%
  • Team 5 > 10.5%
  • Team 6 > 9.0%
  • Team 7 > 7.5%
  • Team 8 > 4.5%
  • Team 9 > 4.5%
  • Team 10 > 4.5%
  • Team 11 > 1.8%
  • Team 12 > 1.7%
  • Team 13 > 1.0%
  • Team 14 > 0.5%

I’m making a longer post to answer future freak outs. For the odds of the first four picks it doesn’t matter if Utah(or any team) has a worse record than the Spurs. It doesn’t matter if TWO teams have a worse record than the Spurs. Bottom 3 is the only goal. 
0F67113F-321D-43D8-818D-7DBDF318D301.thumb.jpeg.7fcb4d45bdaf1fcc4fce07cb22a86a76.jpeg

The season hasn’t started yet. Anyone who starts off shitty is immediately going into tank mode. There’s Indiana, Charlotte, Utah, San Antonio, Houston, OKC, and Washington. Then there’s the play in teams who will gladly sit players for a shot at the bottom three. There’s also the slight possibility that Pop actually tries to win some games. I’m glad your doing projections before the first game is played, though.

Oh, and injuries. Don’t forget about those. 

36 minutes ago, Kermit said:

The season hasn’t started yet. Anyone who starts off shitty is immediately going into tank mode. There’s Indiana, Charlotte, Utah, San Antonio, Houston, OKC, and Washington. Then there’s the play in teams who will gladly sit players for a shot at the bottom three. There’s also the slight possibility that Pop actually tries to win some games. I’m glad your doing projections before the first game is played, though.

Oh, and injuries. Don’t forget about those. 

Which play in teams from last year are candidates for the bottom 3?

6 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Which play in teams from last year are candidates for the bottom 3?

At this point, who knows? We know the teams that are going to be shitty out of the gate. But, and there’s a huge butt, any team with distant playoff aspirations is who starts off horribly is going tank. Any team who has an injury to a MVP caliber player, and whose titles dreams abruptly end, will go full tank. This is a once in a lifetime draft with not one, but two franchise altering players. It’s going to get incredibly ugly very quickly. 

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

Also…

Again the season hasn’t started so who knows, but these prognosticators have us finishing fourth. And the Lakers not making the playoffs? Erection juice.

Now we are quoting a projection that has the Jazz finishing 10th in the West.cool andy samberg GIF

38 minutes ago, Kermit said:

200.gif

If you actually read the article, they explain why. 

The article actually is eye-opening. The computer likes the veteran core that Utah has now. The Jazz might fuck around and win a couple too many games before Markannan, Clarkson, etc are shut down for injury or traded. They have mismatched pieces and will throw out some intentionally bad lineups but they have players. 

Sexton is the only one on that team that might accidentally win them some games - depending on how he comes back from injury. The rest of their roster is full of total JAGs with Markannen maybe being slightly better than that - but nowhere near a first option. 

I mean they could win 35 games I guess but I'm assuming they'll be a disaster and Ainge will let it happen. Mike Conley has like 200 minutes of competitive basketball left in his body. 

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

The Pelicans are going to be this year’s Memphis. Holy shit, they’re fucking fun. Ingram is toying with people.

I'm high on their team as well. If Zion plays 2/3 or more of the season they're a 50 win team and a puncher's chance against any team in the playoffs.