• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2022 at 4:07 PM, SilasCoade said:

Spurs have 4 guys that could be the third best player on championship roster

Um. What? 

20 hours ago, Irieguy said:

Maybe the ESPN projection system was right about the Jazz. 21 point win over the Nuggets. Jazz might have to dump some veterans quicker than planned or end up in purgatory. 

It was 538 I believe. The Jazz may be okay. They may suck. I'm not going to base it on one game. 

Huuuuuge game tonight against the Pacers in the Wemby death march.

Spurs are 1.5 point road dogs to a team that seems just as hell bent on sucking as they do. Myles Turner is apparently out with a twisted ankle after ***checks notes*** he landed on a ball boy underneath the basket during pregame warmups right before their season opener. They may want to shut him down for the season just to be safe.

After tonight's virtual tossup, it could be awhile before they chalk up a dub. I don't think they will be favored in any game through the end of November. Maybe they catch someone napping at home or one of Pop's former assistants or buddies (I'm looking at you Mike Malone on 11/7 or Mike Bud on 11/11) throws him a bone, but most likely they are looking at that Portland/Sac roadie before having a decent chance at a win. But nothing, and I mean nothing, is an auto win this year. This season is going to be fucking brutal. Your anus; prepare it.

G    Date    Start (ET)                   Opponent             
2    Fri, Oct 21, 2022    7:00p            @    Indiana Pacers                                
3    Sat, Oct 22, 2022    6:00p            @    Philadelphia 76ers                                
4    Mon, Oct 24, 2022    8:00p            @    Minnesota Timberwolves                                
5    Wed, Oct 26, 2022    8:00p            @    Minnesota Timberwolves                                
6    Fri, Oct 28, 2022    8:30p                Chicago Bulls                                
7    Sun, Oct 30, 2022    7:00p                Minnesota Timberwolves                                
8    Wed, Nov 2, 2022    8:00p                Toronto Raptors                                
9    Fri, Nov 4, 2022    8:00p                Los Angeles Clippers                                
10    Sat, Nov 5, 2022    9:00p            @    Denver Nuggets                                
11    Mon, Nov 7, 2022    9:30p                Denver Nuggets                                
12    Wed, Nov 9, 2022    8:00p                Memphis Grizzlies                                
13    Fri, Nov 11, 2022    8:00p                Milwaukee Bucks                                
14    Mon, Nov 14, 2022    10:00p            @    Golden State Warriors                                
15    Tue, Nov 15, 2022    10:00p            @    Portland Trail Blazers                                
16    Thu, Nov 17, 2022    10:00p            @    Sacramento Kings                                
17    Sat, Nov 19, 2022    10:30p            @    Los Angeles Clippers                                
18    Sun, Nov 20, 2022    9:30p            @    Los Angeles Lakers                                
19    Wed, Nov 23, 2022    8:00p                New Orleans Pelicans                                
20    Fri, Nov 25, 2022    8:00p                Los Angeles Lakers    
21    Sat, Nov 26, 2022    8:00p                Los Angeles Lakers                                
22    Wed, Nov 30, 2022    8:00p            @    Oklahoma City Thunder                                            

• Like 1

This team is hard enough to watch but holy shit Carlisle going to the hack a jak has made this unbearable. And then the turnovers. My lord that was brutal basketball. I expect them to be tough to watch because they suck. I don’t expect them to be a complete affront to the sport.  

The good news is that we’re ahead of the Lakers in the standings. 

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This team is hard enough to watch but holy shit Carlisle going to the hack a jak has made this unbearable. And then the turnovers. My lord that was brutal basketball. I expect them to be tough to watch because they suck. I don’t expect them to be a complete affront to the sport.  

The good news is that we’re ahead of the Lakers in the standings. 

You're actually watching this shit?

On 10/20/2022 at 6:43 PM, ztejas said:
On 10/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, SilasCoade said:

Spurs have 4 guys that could be the third best player on championship roster

Um. What? 

Okay maybe a little hyperbolic, but Vassell, Keldon, and I think Primo are all potential starters on a championship caliber team. Just none of them are capable of being the first or second option for a contender. They can be Horace Grant level dudes though.

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

the way we play O is still beautiful to watch

Nothing says the beautiful game like Jacob Poeltl shooting like 15 fourth quarter free throws.

By the way.... they play at 0-2 and rested Philly on the second night of a back to back on the road at a funky early tip. They could lose by 30 tonight.

That was my first time watching them for most of a game at least. There are some similar issues like end of game shot creation and consistent shooting from 3 - but I'll be damned if we aren't kind of sneaky good in a lot of areas. Sochan is already awesome. Vassell seems to have improved quite a bit. Tre Jones and Collins are both proving to be nice little players. Poeltl and Richardson are solid NBA players which we already knew. I have no idea what to think of Primo. I wish he'd flash more. 

Getting Lonnie off the team was definitely an improvement. I'm starting to wonder if that might not be true for DJ as well - especially in the long run as it pertains to some of these guy's improvement. 

This still isn't a good basketball team but it hasn't been proven yet that they're a terrible one. I'm not really sure what to think of that. 

Edited by ztejas