2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread - Tits, Ass, N’ Keldon

Kermit

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think this might be the best team we've had in a few seasons. I'm thinking we're more likely to make the playoffs than hit our Vegas under. 

Wembanyama we hardly knew ye?

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

but for real we’re talented but lord so many mistakes and carelessness but I guess you have to expect that with a young team 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

How about you fuck off and let us talk about the Spurs in this thread. No one gives a shit about your embarrassing franchise. 

lol are you unhinged? Both the tweet and my posts that evidently set you off, were satire posts talking about if the playoffs began tonight, exactly 1 week into the season you clown.

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

Holy fuck Sochan is so good. 

I posted this before he hit his 2nd 3. 

I mean I was really high on the guy and loved the pick but damn... we might have something special on our hands. 

Really digging Sochon so far.

Such a smart player, basketball iq beyond his years. There was one play last night where the ball came over to Keldon for a three and there was a guy rotating towards him to challenge. Sochan took a half step to get in his way to give Keldon just a hair more time to get the shot off, and he did it in a way that wouldn't draw a foul. Sochon does every single one of those little things that don't show up in the box score. The only glaring hole in his game is the three point shot. Defensively, the dude is everywhere and can seemingly guard anyone on a switch. Really good ball handler and can create for others when he needs to. Just a really solid ball player. 

I can't imagine how good Sochan and Vassell would be playing next to a superstar that tilts the floor and makes the game easier for them. Well, actually I can imagine. Throwing Wemby into this lineup would be so much fun.

8 minutes ago, D3zii said:

What are we doing!???? I know we have a top 5 front office but this puzzles me

We once had a top 5 front office.  Hasn’t been the case in a long time.

5 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

There has to be more to this that we don’t know. It’s not like this team to cut a lottery pick two weeks into his second season. Shit, we complain that they hold on to guys for too long.

It’ll come out.  Gonna guess something with the law.  Attitude you send him to the G-league.   That’s a waste of a lottery pick where we reached tremendously.  For a lot of Front offices that’s a GM killer of a transaction.  Be interesting to see what happened.

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That’s a waste of a lottery pick where we reached tremendously.  For a lot of Front offices that’s a GM killer of a transaction.

Lol what? Not even close to a GM killer. He was the 12th pick and hadn't shown much. And if it's a character or legal issue then that isn't really on the GM if he didn't have any red flags coming in. Shit happens. The guy we just took 9th overall looks pretty fucking good. As does the cat we took 11th two years ago. Batting .667 on late lottery picks is fantastic. 

This is beyond bizarre and completely out of left field. Let the speculation begin…

Some options:

1. Fucked a teammate’s wife? Oh no. That clearly won’t get you waived. 
2. Got a dui? Uh no, especially if you’re the gm and you have low blood sugar. 
3. Sexual assault? Leave that one up to the owners not the players. I don’t think that one ever came out publicly so let’s just move on even though it’s one of the worst kept secrets in San Antonio. 
4. Go full on OJ? That would do it but I imagine we would have heard something from the legal system first. 
5. Failure to get over yourself? That would probably just merit some extra time in Austin. 

This really has got to be something horrible. 

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is beyond bizarre and completely out of left field. Let the speculation begin…

Some options:

3. Sexual assault? Leave that one up to the owners not the players. I don’t think that one ever came out publicly so let’s just move on even though it’s one of the worst kept secrets in San Antonio. 
4. Go full on OJ? That would do it but I imagine we would have heard something from the legal system first. 
5. Failure to get over yourself? That would probably just merit some extra time in Austin. 

Yeah was just running this through my head, too. He seems like a fairly clean image guy. If it was something like a big drug arrest or killing someone DUI it would be on the local news, right?

He also made his Instagram private as did his girlfriend which seems like an admission of guilt that he did something pretty bad. I don't think he'd do that if it was like an internal character issue. 

Maybe he said some really offensive shit or some texts got leaked? Like something racially charged or domestic violencey.

1 minute ago, SilasCoade said:

How do you not even try to trade him at some point instead of just eating his salary?

Because he obviously did something to ruin his trade value. And who is trading for him anyway? He's been nothing but terrible to start his career. 

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Some options:

Lol!  I was just thinking about the Brent Barry situation.  IMO, it has to be sexual or physical assault which there is video.

Or some sort of related crime which led to a death.  Not saying he killed someone but was in some Ray Lewis type situation and even then there would need to be a sense of pretty easy  conviction, in court of public opinion.  

Yes, the Spurs typically have a shorter leash but this is an abrupt turnabout for the franchise which has put in tons of energy and time into developing his game and brand.  It’s gotta be something which is going to lead to public scrutiny and maybe even time missed….. you don’t use the atomic bomb choice unless there are no other options.

It’s going to be an interesting weekend…

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Or some sort of related crime which led to a death.  Not saying he killed someone but was in some Ray Lewis type situation and even then there would need to be a sense of pretty easy  conviction, in court of public opinion.  

Yeah but I feel like the news would beat the Spurs to that. 

I think it's something he got caught saying or like you said a video came to light Ray Rice style.

I volunteer to comfort his girlfriend if that's the case. 

20 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Some options:

I know the stories about 1 and 2, but what happened with 3? Could you refresh my memory?