2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread - Tits, Ass, N’ Keldon

Kermit

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah was just running this through my head, too. He seems like a fairly clean image guy. If it was something like a big drug arrest or killing someone DUI it would be on the local news, right?

He also made his Instagram private as did his girlfriend which seems like an admission of guilt that he did something pretty bad. I don't think he'd do that if it was like an internal character issue. 

Maybe he said some really offensive shit or some texts got leaked? Like something racially charged or domestic violencey.

This is crazy. So unexpected. But I can't help but laugh thinking it was something racially charged. Honestly...... nobody would care if he said some shit about white people. The more likely thing would be him saying he hates Mexicans since he's surrounded by Brown people all over SA. Which would kinda be hilarious tbh. Just from the unexpectedness, and I'm Mex-American. 

I would imagine it's domestic.... or drugs. Who knows. 

Just now, BurdineBandit said:

This is crazy. So unexpected. But I can't help but laugh thinking it was something racially charged. Honestly...... nobody would care if he said some shit about white people. The more likely thing would be him saying he hates Mexicans since he's surrounded by Brown people all over SA. Which would kinda be hilarious tbh. Just from the unexpectedness, and I'm Mex-American. 

I mean there's a fairly prominent black man currently being canceled for being anti-semetic. 

Either way - sounds like Mitch got it with "full OJ". 

Sochan is so. Fucking. Good. 

Stretch in the 2nd quarter where he went, possession by possession:

Defensive board
- Drive and dish to Poeltl for 2
Defensive board
- (Spurs score)
Block at the rim
 - Sochan missed 3
Defensive board
- Sochan 3 from the corner 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Feel free to flame me if I end up wrong, just passing along what I've heard for those that are curious. But I'm in SA and know someone who spent several years with the Spurs organization and another person who is close friends with someone in the organization currently that all of you would know. And both of them have given credence to the whole murder story in re to Primo. It's not totally solid so take it for what it's worth

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

That reads like the framing of a lawyer.  I committed a crime or did something terrible because....... I had trauma in my life and it came out so now I'm seeking professional help to understand why.  I'm going to guess it's physical or sexual assault and perhaps with video or evidence.  That's why abuse often happens, because it's a cycle and some people aren't strong enough to break it.....

That reads like the framing of a lawyer.  I committed a crime or did something terrible because....... I had trauma in my life and it came out so now I'm seeking professional help to understand why.  I'm going to guess it's physical or sexual assault and perhaps with video or evidence.  That's why abuse often happens, because it's a cycle and some people aren't strong enough to break it.....

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Just now, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

I don't know - the dipshits I'm seeing on Twitter are defending him and saying to not speculate because he's struggling with mental health. 

It really is amazing how stupid most people are. I've never heard of an NBA team waiving someone for mental health issues. Especially when he's less than a week removed from playing in games. 

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

#fuckthetank

Yep. This is a pretty damn good basketball team. 

Thirty-seven assists on 46 made baskets. Is that good? That seems good.

Only one player finished without an assist, and seven players finished with at least three assists.

Don't play much D but they sure can light it up. I keep telling myself that the 50-plus-percent shooting percentages are unsustainable, and thus so are the wins, but they keep hitting their shots.

And then Primo gets waived.

Confused as fuck about this team. Still doubt they win 30 games, but who tf knows at this point?

Sochan 13/6/5/1/1 on 5/8 from the floor. 

He's 19. 

Someone get Pop some stem cells we have some more playoff runs to make. 

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Still doubt they win 30 games

Sorry - that was a dickish way to phrase that. 

As currently constructed this team is easily winning 30 games. 

Now, I don't think we're very deep and as such injuries could really fuck us. 

But this is at least a 30 win team if they keep it up.

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

Sochan 13/6/5/1/1 on 5/8 from the floor. 

He's 19. 

Someone get Pop some stem cells we have some more playoff runs to make. 

You know how Pop historically is loathe to give rookies significant minutes, yet Sochan is a starter from the season opener. And, yeah, nine-fucking-teen.

Says a great deal, doesn't it?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Don’t get too attached to the veterans. Fuck, this day has sucked. 

I'm seeing that sentiment all over the place and I don't get it. Im not telling you you're wrong, I just don't feel the same way. Maybe it's because I'm a cold, unfeeling asshole when it comes to certain matters but I was already gravitating towards the idea that Primo was probably never going to cut it at this level.

Assuming that, I'm sad that the kid just threw his life away, but for the Spurs moving forward it doesn't move the needle much for me. And, in my opinion, I don't think it says much about the franchise. It could have happened to anyone. Does anyone fault the Celtics because Bias had a freak OD? It's not like Primo had any red flags coming in. 

Life goes on. 

Wow... cutting a first round pick two out of three years.  

Primo was a reach.  Everyone thought so but gave SA front office the benefit of doubt.

I hope he's just a young kid, too young and he'll be back at it in a year or two when he's grown a bit.

And I hope the "murder" BS is just dumb rumor.  

7 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Wow... cutting a first round pick two out of three years.  

Primo was a reach.  Everyone thought so but gave SA front office the benefit of doubt.

I hope he's just a young kid, too young and he'll be back at it in a year or two when he's grown a bit.

And I hope the "murder" BS is just dumb rumor.  

6 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

My first thought was "kid got some guaranteed money and then bailed two weeks later".

But it can't be that stupid.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What in the fuck are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

What @ztejas said. What are you talking about?

Less than three weeks ago, the Spurs exercised their third-year option on Primo, locking him down for two more seasons. Not sure if that money is guaranteed, however, especially if the worst of those rumors is true.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Less than three weeks ago, the Spurs exercised their third-year option on Primo, locking him down for two more seasons. Not sure if that money is guaranteed, however, especially if the worst of those rumors is true.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Based upon the reactions here, I could very well be wrong.

But I think that when the option is exercised by the team, they are guaranteeing that money.

I understand how NBA contracts work. You can't sign an extension then waive yourself and still get paid. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I understand how NBA contracts work. You can't sign an extension then waive yourself and still get paid. 

You're a step ahead of me then because NBA contracts are too crazy to keep track of how they all work.

But if we were to put on a tin foil hat and turn on the NBA conspiracy theory channel, it can be noted that players routinely find ways to sign big contracts and then turn around and force a trade to another team.

Maybe Primo found a way to simply get fired (with pay) and take a vacation in Cabo Waba.  

6 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

You're a step ahead of me then because NBA contracts are too crazy to keep track of how they all work.

But if we were to put on a tin foil hat and turn on the NBA conspiracy theory channel, it can be noted that players routinely find ways to sign big contracts and then turn around and force a trade to another team.

Maybe Primo found a way to simply get fired (with pay) and take a vacation in Cabo Waba.  

What drugs are you on and where can I get some. 

This primo stuff is crazy.  If it was something bad Spurs could have suspended him for the season, told him to stay away and get his “‘mental health” in order and (assuming the real issue comes out) and no one would fault them for it.  For example, Houston kept deshaun on the team for a season.  This would have saved them a few million dollars.   But then there would be questions and explanations from the NBA and players Union .  
waiving him is basically Spurs saying “we don’t want him around anymore and we don’t want to explain why”.  Primos agent and the players Union can say shit or file a grievance or appeal because he’s getting all the contract money.  
Spurs obviously know something is serious because they didnt even want to see how it all played out.

What makes the Primo thing even more bizarre is that from day 1, all you heard about him was how mature he was for his age and what an upstanding character he had. They have been trotting him out at every pr opportunity possible. They were making him out to be the future face of the franchise.

It would be one thing if there were any red flags with him and you could say “well they took a risk on an immature kid with questionable character and it didn’t pay off.” But this is completely the opposite. That was always the sell with their reaching for him in the draft. He was low risk from a character standpoint.

And then, zap. Gone. Scrubbed from their social media. No more Primo jerseys in the fan store. Adios motherfucker. 

And as we’re engaging in rampant baseless speculation, one thing that occurred to me is that there could be some sort of pedo / statutory rape thing going on. His pr release talked about trauma that he went through so that lines up from a psychological perspective and his seeking treatment. Because that would definitely be something you would seek mental health treatment for that would cause the spurs to immediately kick you to the curb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The murder story is just too convenient and makes the most sense. I don't buy the pedo angle as he's like 20 years old and looks like a 12 year old himself. Plus, I mean, Karl Malone is the 3rd leading scorer in NBA history. 

@dingleberryswitzer has a good point in that it has to be something to where the Spurs are 99% sure he'll never play in the NBA again.